Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If there was Transmog in Retail.. would Retail still be alive?

This is a serious question. Imagine BFA without Transmog? What does that say about the quality of the game.

Who cares about transmog ? Gameplay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Look.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Who cares about transmog ? Gameplay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Look.
    the sales angle and what gets added to the game seems to suggest people pay for looks over gameplay... <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenmaniac View Post
    This is a serious question. Imagine BFA without Transmog? What does that say about the quality of the game.
    Most people (like my entire guild) just had a discussion earlier about how we all forgot transmog was even in the game.

i mean, i'd happily give up transmog for a better system where you just use an appearance tab. no need to fuck with paying the transmog person, or changing gear removing your transmog.

but if retail dumped transmog? i couldn't put up with that. looking like a fucking clown isn't fun.

Check your achieves there are countless gaming hours solo or with groups if u would like to get closer to completing the game. Tbh transmog and mounts are quite low in my prio list

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    the sales angle and what gets added to the game seems to suggest people pay for looks over gameplay... <.<
    But then most unsub for the lack of content and boring classes.

No transmog would be the instant quit for me.

Cba looking like trash like Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

7+ Year Old Account
    Transmog is really one of the best things ever added to the game. It could be better like removing most gear restrictions tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenmaniac View Post
    I have literally never heard anyone complain or even mention transmog, outside of a few folks who sometimes want an item that is going to rot.

No one cares about it. No one. But you felt the need to create a post to bash wow, a game that you seem to play because, without transmog, you think the game would be bad?

Lol I wish I had what you smoked before you wrote this.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I have literally never heard anyone complain or even mention transmog, outside of a few folks who sometimes want an item that is going to rot.

No one cares about it. No one. But you felt the need to create a post to bash wow, a game that you seem to play because, without transmog, you think the game would be bad?

Nobody cares about transmog? I spent four years just to get a mount to go with my transmog hun. and just about everyone you see in retail will have their gear transmogged.

I don't play any game that doesn't let me have full control over how i look. Stats are nice and all, but they don't mean jack shit if i can't look cool while shredding face.

I think the game's better with transmog than without it, but I also think that art variety has died down recently to the point where it's less 'important'. Armor colors and styles are so subdued and 'samey' now that you could honestly go without transmog and most people probably wouldn't be able to tell at a glance if your equipment was 'mismatched'.

i think you might be missing the point, hes asking to imagine the game without transmog, it would be pretty bland having everyone walking around in one of the four sets every raid tier(granted there is 4 different color schemes for those sets).

Looks ARE gameplay.

Looks let you play the character you envisioned, not some kind of patchwork clown.

It's like animations. Animations are purely looks, but, even if the speed and rythm of an attack rotation is absolutely the same, the one with good animations is going always to feel better and more dynamic and engaging, because the animation is in concordance with the snappy feel of the rotation. A bad animation or a bad character look (changes with each player, of course) will wear down the gameplay, even if it doesn't affect it directly.

There's people who don't care, and that's fine.

Then there's people who don't care and want the rest to not to care, and that's a timeout for you, little sir.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one cares about it. No one.
    Transmogification - armor collecting for appearances is one of the favorite freatures of the game, it's gets talked on in Blizzcon, twitch Q&As, reddit, this forum, the official forums, and most importantly, in-game.

To feel prestigious through flashy rewards is a core of World of Warcraft, and transmog expands it tremendously. After all, this is a RPG, and your character must look cool for the player.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    Nobody cares about transmog? I spent four years just to get a mount to go with my transmog hun. and just about everyone you see in retail will have their gear transmogged.
    I love transmog and i love to collect things! Mounts, archeology stuff, transmogs, toys, pets, achievements, everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Stats are temporary, Transmogs are forever.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I mog to a different set at least once a week if not more. I've spend a lot of time assembling differently themed mogs for my hunter and if it would dissapear I'd probably just quit. It would be a huge step backwards since almost every mmo has a form of transmogging these days. It's a form of character customisation that makes the game a bit less bland + some extra activity in the form of armor hunting for transmog sets.

I am actually farming a DK xmog for my soon-to-be new panda DK for next patch.