Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    After about ten hours with the game I can honestly say I'm done.

There is a lot I like about it but the menu is a fucken eye swore and the product placement's just take me out of the game. I don't even mind the walking around stuff (u get a bike not super far into the game).

But between that and honestly very little story in between big cutscene moments I just lost interest.
    I was perusing another site and and many of the BotW haters if you will, were praising DS for how empty the world was and how little story there was. It was pretty funny watching them disappear when their BotW, quits were quoted back at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I was perusing another site and and many of the BotW haters if you will, were praising DS for how empty the world was and how little story there was. It was pretty funny watching them disappear when their BotW, quits were quoted back at them.
    BoTW isn't empty though, it's full of copy pasted garbage like a Ubisoft game. Shrines and Korok Seeds everywhere to keep ADHD tendencies doing something. Also idk I only played like 2 hours(of DS) so far but most of that has been story so idk about "how little" it is lol. Pretty sure in those 2 hours it has already had more story development then in a 100% BoTW run.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-11-10 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    BoTW isn't empty though, it's full of copy pasted garbage like a Ubisoft game. Also idk I only played like 2 hours(of DS) so far but most of that has been story so idk about "how little" it is lol.
    Not the point. My point was certain were in BotW threads talking about how big and empty the world was and how little story there was. Then those same people were in DS thread talking about how they loved how empty DS's world is and loved how little story there was.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Isn't there a similar system in the Dark Souls and Bloodborne games...?
    True, maybe he copied OR was inspired by it...but he brought it to the next level.
    Its an entire game designed around the Dark Souls helping others system.

I guess...the only thing Dark Souls can do to catch up to this game is if you can drop actual items on the floor for other players to use.

But the beauty of it is that MAYBE this system can only be immersive on a "walking simulator". Not sure.

(trying to think in how other games can incorporate this system...cant quite figure it out)

Not the point. My point was certain were in BotW threads talking about how big and empty the world was and how little story there was. Then those same people were in DS thread talking about how they loved how empty DS's world is and loved how little story there was.
    I think you're making up things that didn't happen. BoTW is literally Nintendo's version of the "Ubisoft Formula". Here is world, use about 5-6 different mechanics over and over again and fill it with content. There is nothing empty about it.

Also on how little story is in DS, I feel like this is fake news and would wager the total cutscene run time is longer then an average game, though I can't say for certain as I already said I only have about 2 hours played in it.

Sounds like you're trying to call irony on things that aren't true/didn't happen. DS and BoTW are very different games, not even close to comparing to each other. You're trying to make a conclusion that people should like both or neither and it's just weird tbh lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I think you're making up things that didn't happen. BoTW is literally Nintendo's version of the "Ubisoft Formula". Here is world, use about 5-6 different mechanics over and over again and fill it with content. There is nothing empty about it.

Also on how little story is in DS, I feel like this is fake news and would wager the total cutscene run time is longer then an average game, though I can't say for certain as I already said I only have about 2 hours played in it.

Sounds like you're trying to call irony on things that aren't true/didn't happen. DS and BoTW are very different games, not even close to comparing to each other.
    I'm not comparing them. I really don't give a shit about either game I just saw something on another forum where some guys were saying those things in praising DS. Other posters brought their similar comments while criticizing BotW.

I was reminded of what read when I read Jt's comments. I have no doubt they are different types of games whose open worlds serve different purposes. So please don't misinterpret what I've said for a third time.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Isn't there a similar system in the Dark Souls and Bloodborne games...?
    Only thing similar are "notes". But the fact that you can leave tools and items and even place rope, ladders, bridges that cross over to other peoples world makes it much more than From Softwares. It was definitely inspired by their system but it's built upon to be it's own thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't that depend on the narrative of the game and world it built up?
    Death strandings world makes sense to be b"empty", so you can definitely like it while thinking BotW is empty in a negative way.

Fallout is another great example, I love the world and how there are small communities in an dystopian future after a nuclear war.
    If I jump into GTA 5 and world is empty and no one is there I would obviously think it's awful.

Not sure how BotW is presented so I can't say if it's supposed to be empty or not, just giving an explanation of how one thing can work in one game but not the other.

I must say, even combat which is a small part of it so far is satisfying... didn't know you could grab containers after knocking someone down mid air. Just knocked someone, grabbed his and immediately threw it into the face of another. Sa-tis-fy-ing
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-11-10 at 01:09 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I have watched a few people who posted game play and it was painful. Always trying to beeline it from A to B when there was a clear path with a bit of a detour that would have made the trip super easy, then moan about how the game is about staying upright... can people be really so brain dead that they can only play 100% linear games?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Ive had it for over a week. Street date gets broken here all the time.
    You'll have to forgive me if I don't believe that you somehow got it a week before EVERYONE else in the world.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You'll have to forgive me if I don't believe that you somehow got it a week before EVERYONE else in the world.
    Yep, unless he is an actual game reviewer working on a legit gaming site/magazine, which I find highly unlikely considering his posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The fact almost no one is emphasizing the "Like System" just shows how clueless this "gamers" are.

I have no idea how/why people are not giving it more attention.
    The entire game is designed around the "like system" and yet ive seen only a few people talk about it?

The only explanation i can come up with is that people IRL dont give a fuck about others IRL.

Its the most charming system ive ever seen in gaming history.
    Its altruistic and it comes with the lore of the game...its friggin brilliant.

If your brain doesnt get dopamine with other peoples "likes" and knowing you helped someone else...shame on you

Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-11-10 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    The fact almost no one is emphasizing the "Like System" just shows how clueless this "gamers" are.

I have no idea how/why people are not giving it more attention.
    The entire game is designed around the "like system" and yet ive seen only a few people talk about it?

The only explanation i can come up with is that people IRL dont give a fuck about others IRL.

Its the most charming system ive ever seen in gaming history.
    Its altruistic and it comes with the lore of the game...its friggin brilliant.

If your brain doesnt get dopamine with other peoples "likes" and knowing you helped someone else...shame on you
    If I wanted likes I'd just make a joke about trump on twitter.

I don't need to spend a lot of money and leaving ropes behind in a amazon training simulator to get them likes. Also don't forget to follow/subscribe and hit that notification bell

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I didn’t. Tons of people had it early. I was even able to look at almost complete walkthroughs to help at one point also. Have you not been online these last 2 weeks? People with broken street date copies were streaming it on twitch :P
    I searched. Can't find anything past 3 days ago. Feel free to link this guide from a week ago.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Also don't forget to follow/subscribe and hit that notification bell
    LOL you can also do that in Death Stranding You can make a social "Bridge Link" to other specific player so you see their structures more roflmao

I happen to love this sytem because:
    1) It fits the lore and walking simulator perfectly (maybe even ONLY on a walking simulator this can work...not sure)
    2) You can be imaginative! Help in different ways. You can even put up signs.

While im playing the game, im constantly thinking "How can i help other people"

And that...is a charming game design.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    LOL you can also do that in Death Stranding You can make a social "Bridge Link" to other specific player so you see their structures more roflmao

I happen to love this sytem because:
    1) It fits the lore and walking simulator perfectly (maybe even ONLY on a walking simulator this can work...not sure)
    2) You can be imaginative! Help in different ways. You can even put up signs.

While im playing the game, im constantly thinking "How can i help other people"

And that...is a charming game design.
    You can do that and much more in every mmorpg out there, why does this game deserve some kind of a praise over it?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You can do that and much more in every mmorpg out there, why does this game deserve some kind of a praise over it?
    What other games have this design?
    A "like" (feedback) system driven by altruistic actions from the player in a open worl environment via buildings/structures/items/signs?

Other games, at best, have a barebones version of it.

Im trying my best to think how other games can implement this system...and i dont know...it seems it can only be used to its full potential on a post apocalyptic walking simulator.
    Maybe a more action oriented walking simulator?

----

Im not saying this is the best thing ever happened.
    Its an altruistic game design for Pete's sake that alone is strange in todays society where everyone only thinks about themselves.
    See what Kojima did there?
    People only think about themselves....Kojima makes an entire game designed to be ultruistic.

I think there is some kind of merit...i even think is brilliant...but for sure, not for everyone.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-11-10 at 07:02 PM.

Man, it's been a while since I've played a game where the small text size was an actual problem. Come on Dev's try these games on a normal TV set up not all of us sit 3 inches away from the screen when we play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Dude, he is the one.

Love it that Kojima still writes dialogue that talks to the player as well as between the characters in the game.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    IDK, depending on where he's from the street date was most assuredly broken.

https://segmentnext.com/2019/11/07/d...ware-spoilers/
    Street date is ofc always broken but dude saying he put 100 hours into the game that isn't a street date broken copy, you would need a review copy. 100 hours of gameplay is more then 5 full real life days... add in things humans need to do like sleep and eat and he didn't get the game almost 2 weeks early from a broken street date. Retailers usually don't even get copies to break the street date until a few days before release.