Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can say that no tier sets has affected my interest in raiding greatly so a return to those would help.

Also removing titanforge and random stats would also help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    There aren't any.

If you're raiding Mythic, you already get the best gear in the game, buffing that even more won't make people suddenly want to raid mythic.
    Those that want to man up to the Organization requirements, will most likely raid mythic already.
    Those aren't, won't even if Mythic is +25 above Heroic, the 20Man requirement and server restriction kills it for most people.

Also, anything below Mythic gets devoured by M+ in terms of rewards, if you can kill heroic bosses, you can also clear M+10, which also rewards an equivalent item.

If you move back to stuff like Tier sets, you just piss off the M+ crowd, who is then "forced to do raid" for the best gear.
    Truth is, Azerite gear was a massive boon to the M+ community as they could acquire Azerite BiS pieces solely via M+ and did not rely on raiding for these "special items".

Unpopular opinion: Remove M+, yeah, it's not going to happen and people will shit on me for suggesting it, but Blizzard is basically repeating history here.
    M+ has basically become the 10man Heroic mode, it requires less organization than its counterpart (raiding in general) and hands out the same rewards, so people obviously flock towards that one.
    Because the M+ is overall much more flexible than raiding on top of that, you don't have to sit down for 3-4h a night, you can just play like 1-2 dungeons and call it.

All things aside, the "Covenant" racial abilities give you a clear hint where the wind is blowing, and it's not raiding.
    people who dont want to raid and just do m+ are already upset about tianforging going away in 8.3 there is no way to make everyone happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I feel like this sentence is a bit taken out of context considering the rest of my post.
    Because it's quite obvious that i'm not a fan of M+, i'm just pointing out why Tier sets aren't happening, because Blizzard has the M+ community on their radar.

So yeah, Tier sets aren't happening because M+, that's at least my guess.
    on top of the fact that after 20+ tiers, bonuses were pretty horrible at times. when the bonuses are too good, people complain when they outgrow the gear the next tier. its just not possible to come up with interesting, BALANCED bonuses time and time again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I mean, you're welcome to think whatever you want. But yeah I'll pass on further entertaining random forum conspiracy nonsense like 'Mythic+ cost us tier sets!'
    the answer for all of the questions asked is usually "the playerbase is the reason"

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe opportunities for each class to shine based on raid mechanics. Rewards based on a particular class doing their part at the right time,so as to feel like the hero of a particular act of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think instead they should stop making spamming M+ so fucking rewarding.
    we will see what changes will come along with removing titanforging in 8.3 for m+
    because people are already upset that they will have to raid to get the best gear so they can push keys.

Each raid boss needs a chance to drop the components for the new build a legendary. Same with emissaries, World bosses, dungeon end bosses and the new procedural dungeon.

In legion I did all the content for a chance at a legendary with all my alts. Having a chance at the absolute best stuff in game will make people do content.

Mythic raiding is different because of the time commitment. I used to be able to do that but I just cant anymore in a 15 year old game. The progression raiding attracts its own type of player. A small % of the player base. It will always be a small % of the player base.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you remove all difficulties you would make it more appealing. casual players can still explore the last hl raid with a group of casual players the next expansion...

other than that not much, raiding is already appealing imo...

maybe add a few more VERY rare and powerful BoE, gold is always a good incentive. more world drops, not just gear. excellent system

also maybe add in game leaderboards so guild and players can compete in real time worldwide (ranking, dps/hps, and clean speed, why not having a real time leaderboard like in the BGs)

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    people who dont want to raid and just do m+ are already upset about tianforging going away in 8.3 there is no way to make everyone happy.
    Corruption can close this gap.
    If you have a lot of properly proced corrupted pieces, they will be more powerful than regular mythic pieces.

By going a lot of M+, you will get a lot of corrupted items, thus your chances are higher at received a properly corrupted piece.

Afaik, the current crit damage affix can be worth like 30-40 Ilvl depending on your class / spec.

Raiders are still "time gated" in their acquisition, M+ people aren't, if a given item doesn't corrupt in a raid, you have to wait until next week, a M+ player can just play the same dungeon again, possibly with a armor type stacked group to target a specific item.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    on top of the fact that after 20+ tiers, bonuses were pretty horrible at times. when the bonuses are too good, people complain when they outgrow the gear the next tier. its just not possible to come up with interesting, BALANCED bonuses time and time again.
    This is a rather lazy view of things.
    Of course, adding new stuff has the potential of it being too weak / too strong.
    So what do you do? You balance them.

If Blizzard cannot be arsed to change / balance things, the best choice is to not introduce new stuff at all, but that's a bad idea for obvious reasons.

Like, imagine if Blizzard would have said: "We cannot introduce new Azerite traits because they might be unbalanced.".
    That's just stupid.

And it's not like Classes haven't evolved over those 20 tiers, the set bonuses of Classic / TBC are not on the same level as the ones from WoD / Legion, i doubt Blizzard will come up with a set bonus and then go "oh no, it's just like that Tier 2 set bonus, better get rid off it!".

A bit of a downside of their massive ability pruning, there are a lot less abilities that could become interesting via set bonuses.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-11-10 at 06:15 PM.

Increase the quantity of loot dropped to make up for it not being spammable and to give less reason to split run.

Remove titanforging or cap it at 5-10, that or a new system altogether.

More importantly, balance the rewards from other content, a M+10 chest should not give the same reward as a mythic boss, make it that a 15 or maybe even higher is required to get the top rewards. The same goes for PvP, the difference between getting loot from being 1800 and being 2400 or even 3k is laughable. Furthermore, a +10 giving the same reward as a gladiator is a joke.

They just need to scale the rewards better for the content you’re doing, right now you can do relatively easy content (+10s) and be better geared than a method wf raider or a multi r1 gladiator.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2019-11-10 at 06:04 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I was gonna say something like this. The difference between 5 man and raid gear needs to be as big as it was in Classic and TBC to get ppl to raid IMHO - on the other hand, apparently participation in raids was even lower than it is now. Maybe it needs a combination of things, but honestly, even if I couldn't get better gear than ilv 400 or 410 outside raids and raids drop around 440-450...I still would not go and raid. The time is over, no matter what the rewards are...I cannot and will not invest the time and dedication that raiding needs
    But Classic/BC didn't have LFR, which is supposed to be the tourist mode that makes participation figures skyrocket
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

rewards aren't the problem with raiding. it's the lack of tools the game offers to find a guild/group that suits you.

i think a lot of people wouldn't mind organized normal/heroic raiding, but once they have to go to wowprogress or raider.io to find a group they immediately say no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    So with no class sets or tier bonuses coming in Shadowlands initially what rewards do you think blizzard should add to raiding to make it more appealing for both casual and hardcore players? Or do you think raiding rewards are fine as is?
    If you want raiding to be more appealing to non-raiders the first thing would be to make new raiders, or those coming back after a break, more welcome. Whatever the reality is, the perception is that those who are the most visible proponents of organized raiding on forums and in the game are, shall we say, unwelcoming. Your immediate pool of potential recruits are in LFR but if you want to actually recruit anyone you'll have to stop insulting them first. Good luck with that.

Structurally, organized raiding is fine. Socially, it's a mess with many bars to entry.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-11-10 at 07:22 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Nerf Mythic+ rewards or re-add tier sets.

More cosmetics, mounts etc.. many people don't care about good gear

not a popular opinion, but can we just make raiding in mythic 15 man instead of 20 ?

Sets.

Q:Are tier sets coming back next expansion?
    A: Not in the initial patch of Shadowlands, but they want to have class-themed armor return at some point. They don't want players to feel like those slots are locked for tier sets, but know that set bonuses are exciting and want to find a way to implement them without checking a box in a gear slot. The team knows sets were a big drive to raid and are gonna use the feedback for Shadowlands by giving things to chase in raids. You will want to kill N'Zoth a lot!

Sets in General with Diffrents Bonuses. for PvE. PVP. World PvE.

Make 2-4-6-8 Set bonus Tokens. you get 1 Token... and want to use it on a Ring that you will keep for a long time..
    next Raid get a 2ed Token and use it on a trinket and you got 2P bonus.. Got a new Ring and lose your Set Bonus.. but you get Lucky and get a Token from LFR or Mythic+ w/e.. and back to 2P bonus..

The Bonus will be the Same but you chose the Item.. and can be..

Set Bonus 1 (2Pices) Any content. (except Pvp)
    Set Bonus 2 (4Pices) Mythic +10 / Raid
    Set Bonus 3 (6Pices) (Mythic +15 / HC raid.)
    Set Bonus 4 (8Pices) (Mythic Raid only)

Set Bonus can also be gained from Pvp and will only give a set Bonus for pvp that wont work in PvE content. (War mode on) and it work in open world regardless of PvE/PvP

Max Tokens Per week 4. but not 100% drop so you might get 0 but then get one in weekly chest M10..

Idea for 2P for WPvE - M+PvE - Raid - PvP

Set 1 Bonus could be (2P World PvE. Increase Damage done by 50% for Healers/Tanks spec, Increase Crit/Mastey/Haste by 1000 for Damage Spec )

Set 1 Bonus could be (2P M+ PvE. Increase Run speed in 5-man by 15% and Damage by 2% add 5 sec to your Timer ) so you get 25sec more for a full group with 2P bonus.

Set 1 Bonus could be (2P Raid. Decrease Damage taken from all sources by 5% and prevent up to 25.000 Magic Damage 2min CD.

Set 1 Bonus could be (2P PvP. Prevent Stun/Slow effects for 5 Sec and Decrease Damage taken from all sources by 25% . 3min CD

Eh the mount and titles etc are enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    If you don't like raiding, don't raid.

Forcing people to do it just for "a special reward" is stupid. The activity itself is really fun. And the gear is reward enough.
    Basically this. Doesn’t seem like people need much more of a reward than what we’ve been getting for the last decade+. At this point in the game’s history if you don’t like raiding there probably isn’t much that can be done for you.

I think they shouldn't add any rewards. Raiders who are only for mount/gear are plague.

Challenge itself should be the only reward.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Yes they can raid the lower difficulties if they don't want the gear from mythic.
    ํYeah but the thing is, there is no reason to do normal or HC in BfA as the rewards outside thoes are better and easier to get.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    ํYeah but the thing is, there is no reason to do normal or HC in BfA as the rewards outside thoes are better and easier to get.
    The rewards may be, but raiding with 20-30 people in normal or heroic is a way different experience than mythic+ or whatever else content is there.

For me, raiding always has been about the challenge from the fights and bosses.

The gear is merely a tool to be able to fight said boss.

And so i m+, i really like the challenge it presents with the timer and the requirements.

Rewards from raiding are fine with titles / mounts / pets and atm even essences. (Since i just cant be bothered to pug EP to upgrade an essence)