Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    There will not be a repeat of such a storyline.

The problem with Garrosh and Sylvanas lies in the title of Warchief. You are sworn to the Warchief by an oath and so you have to follow whatever he or she tells you to do. If you must kill 10 children "for the Horde", you either do that or are branded a traitor. That's the very root of the issue. Such problem doesn't present itself now that the title is abolished and the Horde is ruled by a council in which all Horde leaders have equal rights.
    True, but the exact opposite of that is also true.

Without a Warchief to keep everyone in check what's stopping the Warsong Clan, Mag'har, Forsaken, Grimtotem, Trolls from doing whatever the fuck they want? They could even resort to fighting among themselves. This is the exact reason the Warchief title was created, to unify the warring Orc Clans and give them a single purpose. What's stopping them from starting a war now? Baine asking them politely to stop?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Joke's on you! It won't be a Horde leader this time! It'll be Tyrande!
    As a Horde player I have to say it would be nice for a change. Tyrande and Genn as villains. Anduin can have a Thrall inspired guilt trip and go into exile as well. Let the Alliance have their share of drama and let the Horde rebuild and be the stable factor for a change.

baine should so he can finally die
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

She is playing 4-D chess dude. Sylv is trying to defeat death so we all won't have to be "jailed" by life.

Baine will, because nobody likes or wants him, so after a year or two of the writing staff being mocked constantly for having a "Warchief" with absolutely no reason to be on the throne. So they will throw the old, lets make Baine more "traditional Horde", but because Baine is so inept, he will slip and fall off Thunderbluff and die.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Title. It's bound to happen.
    Geya'rah. Mag'har are the most hardcore of them all.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Geya'rah. Mag'har are the most hardcore of them all.
    I hope not, give them time to actually develop please.

Let's hope Horde doesn't get another Sylvanas, who was a genocidal tyrant that became Horde Leader

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't there need to be a painful, sub-par expansion in the way first?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Gallywix seems like a likely candidate. He was ousted but not killed. In fact, I expect it. No one else has the stones for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    This is the exact reason the Warchief title was created, to unify the warring Orc Clans and give them a single purpose.
    That's the official reason the orcs were given. The real reason is the Legion set it up that way, Warchief DemonPuppet and his Mindless Minions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

basic campfire will burn stormwind to the ground.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

The one true champion the Horde has left...

Gamon

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Blizzard have set the canvas for Tyrande going barmy crazy, aswell as having chars like Alleria, Turalyon and Genn in the Alliance along side Admiral Rogers you've enough there for at least 1 faction of extremely die hard psycho anti-Hordies.

But while I do think they will do it for the next expansion, its unlikley they will do it again after that, and yes I mean the expansion after shadowlands, or even during ShL itself, because Tyrande is crazy at this point, vengance is all she cares about, even Shandris begs her to let go.

Most of the sentiment is that if theres another faction war, it'll be because of the unsated revenge of those who lost families to the Horde (Via) the Alliance, rather than from the Horde's side.

Based on the fact they demolished teldrassil/undercity its very likley 10.0 prepatch will be Thunderbluff and Ironforge biting the dust next on account stormwind/orgrimmar wear so much plot armor (especially the latter) that it seems unlikley that they will ever be permanently destroyed.
    They might have them become war hawks, but they won't be "villians". Blizzard has clearly decided the Alliance is the "good faction" and thing the Alliance does will be presented as "understandable" given how horrible the Horde is (with the undercurrent that the Horde deserves what is happening to them). After all, they just did this with Jaina.

The problem is that a good part of the Horde playerbase wants to have a genocidal tyrant as their leader. They want to be bound like slaves by the bloodoath and have some guy or gal tell them to slaughter everything alive "FOR THE HORDE". After all they consider Baine and Saurfang traitors because they safed them from being fed to Sylavanas Jailer BFF. Go figure.

This at least is what I keep reading here on this forum. People that actually have the best interest of the Horde in mind (Baine, Thrall, Saurfang) are ridiculed and despised and Sylvanas and Garrosh are glorified.
    So I don't think we can go without a tyrant for too long, otherwise the sub numbers will drop.

Technically all of them could go crazy with the right prodding ("all it takes is one bad day"), but the way the plot goes I assume a Light Crusade with Liadrin is the most realistic scenario at the moment or one of the Forsaken Apothecaries finally finds the one plague that can end all life on Azeroth.
    And of course there is always Ji Firepaw, he probably has a folder of incriminating material on all other Horde leaders by now and will rule from the shadows to fullfill his ultimate purpose in serving his dark master ... Nomi.

I think the whole point of eliminating the warchief position and abolishing the blood oath with it is to prevent that BS happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post

Gamon
    Gamon will save us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Title. It's bound to happen.
    To be honest, Horde doesn't have more leaders with that attitude to fear - Sylvanas was the last one as her stunt scared away Gallywix as well.

The ones closest on my list now would actually be Tyrande or little further down the list, Magatha Grimtotem or Genn Greymane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post

Gamon
    Gamon and Mankrik will be the guardians of the Horde!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Remember when Blizz decided Horde had to not learn from its mistakes after getting Voljin as Warchief?
    They just have to write themselves to a plot where Mayla refuses Baine so he tries to teach her he is an alpha male by paving Eastern Kingdoms with human grinded bones. Or some other stupidity of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    To be honest, Horde doesn't have more leaders with that attitude to fear - Sylvanas was the last one as her stunt scared away Gallywix as well.

The ones closest on my list now would actually be Tyrande or little further down the list, Magatha Grimtotem or Genn Greymane.
    Yes, the most evil characters left are actually Alliance. But they will never do such a thing to an Alliance character.

And they have shown perfect willingness to make Horde characters evil villians. They retconned Sylvanas quite a bit to make her what she is (Belllular had a good Youtube video on this.) And Garrosh hadn't been an insane mass murderer before MoP. They will have no problem with the villian bat the next time they need a home-grown villian. Lor'themar will do just fine.

Now eventually they may run out. In spite of killing off almost all the Horde leaders, they don't show much inclination to develop new ones. Maybe Talanji is a villian in the making, but I expect she gets dropped as we move into an expansion that will be lead by heroes from Alliance Lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allawyn View Post
    Yes, the most evil characters left are actually Alliance. But they will never do such a thing to an Alliance character.

And they have shown perfect willingness to make Horde characters evil villians. They retconned Sylvanas quite a bit to make her what she is (Belllular had a good Youtube video on this.) And Garrosh hadn't been an insane mass murderer before MoP. They will have no problem with the villian bat the next time they need a home-grown villian. Lor'themar will do just fine.

Now eventually they may run out. In spite of killing off almost all the Horde leaders, they don't show much inclination to develop new ones. Maybe Talanji is a villian in the making, but I expect she gets dropped as we move into an expansion that will be lead by heroes from Alliance Lore.
    If they twist Lor'themar into it, then something is far off. Even the damn Princess would most likely be more willing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande, or Genn probably going to do something. After hearing the fate of those who died in Teldrassil it would be justified.