Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

do u prefer big city or small town?

which do u prefer? big city or small town?

i think i prefer big city...

10+ Year Old Account
    Small town, I like having nature around/closeby.

Unless that town has all the commodities, it would still need a larger one in reasonable distance though. ^^"

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer small towns, about 2 million would be enough for me right now. Maybe even one million if it had decent infrastructure.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

100% city slicker. The bigger the city, the better.

Small.

According to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlement_hierarchy

I live in a hamlet, less then a 100 people here.

I prefer the middle approach, in small-medium sized satellite towns within 30 miles of the big cities.
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I prefer small towns, about 2 million would be enough for me right now. Maybe even one million if it had decent infrastructure.
    I prefer small towns
    about 2 million
    wat

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    I prefer the middle approach, in small-medium sized satellite towns within 30 miles of the big cities.

wat
    He lives in China. 2 million inhabitants qualify as a small town there.

Small town for sure. Maybe up to like 100k.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    which do u prefer? big city or small town?

i think i prefer big city...
    Small Town, where people are actually nice and friendly

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Small Town, where people are actually nice and friendly
    Oh city people aren’t friendly? I swear people not from cities say this a lot.

I find more friendly people in city areas than suburbs...

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Oh city people aren’t friendly? I swear people not from cities say this a lot.

I find more friendly people in city areas than suburbs...
    People tend to be more friendly in a small town. When I drive in a city I don't have random people waving at me, but I do in a small town.

I have lived in multiple cities and small towns, have you?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    2 million is a small town? lol! Anything over say, 20,000 - 30,000 is not a small town for me. I actually prefer rural living. But there are some small towns I know would not be too bad to live in. Columbus Ohio is the state capital and it is close to 1 million and it is way too large for me to consider living in. I even hate having to travel there.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

People tend to be more friendly in a small town. When I drive in a city I don't have random people waving at me, but I do in a small town.

I have lived in multiple cities and small towns, have you?
    Yes I have lol.

Randos waving at you ? Without you know who they are prior? Sounds made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    2 million is a small town? Anything over say, 20,000 - 30,000 is not a small town for me.
    My thoughts exactly. 2 million does not sound like a small town at all to me! Granted I live in a small country but even so, by the time you hit the millions that has to be a city, at least.

I like to go with the link provided earlier by Ara Myrr (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlement_hierarchy), according to which I'm living in a Large Town, which is fine by me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    My thoughts exactly. 2 million does not sound like a small town at all to me! Granted I live in a small country but even so, by the time you hit the millions that has to be a city, at least.

I like to go with the link provided earlier by Ara Myrr (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlement_hierarchy), according to which I'm living in a Large Town, which is fine by me.
    Yeah. 2 million people are still 2 million people no matter where they are.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    2 million is a small town? lol! Anything over say, 20,000 - 30,000 is not a small town for me. I actually prefer rural living. But there are some small towns I know would not be too bad to live in. Columbus Ohio is the state capital and it is close to 1 million and it is way too large for me to consider living in. I even hate having to travel there.
    Every time I have to travel to the city I tell myself, this is why I don't live in the city anymore. Too crowded, way too much traffic and thanks to online ordering I don't have to go there very often.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I have lol.

Randos waving at you ? Without you know who they are prior? Sounds made up.
    Yet it's not, guess you never lived in a small town

@Ghostpanther I bet he can back me up having waved at or been waved at by strangers in a small town.

I remember my ex was from the city and when she moved in with me she was thrown off guard because she would be in the store grocery shopping and random people would strike up a conversation with her. She wasn't use to all the friendliness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rural.

/10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I have to travel to the city I tell myself, this is why I don't live in the city anymore. Too crowded, way too much traffic and thanks to online ordering I don't have to go there very often.

- - - Updated - - -

@Ghostpanther I bet he can back me up having waved at or been waved at by strangers in a small town.

I remember my ex was from the city and when she moved in with me she was thrown off guard because she would be in the store grocery shopping and random people would strike up a conversation with her. She wasn't use to all the friendliness.
    Yep. I agree. I am not too fond of shopping in the city which is 15 miles from us, which has maybe 50,000 people in it. lol!

That has been my experience also. Much friendlier reaction from the people in a small town.

- - - Updated - - -

Random people strike up conversations in grocery stores here too mate. Or food trucks or parks... or any place.

This bit about driving around and having a town of random people who don’t know you waving at you sounds like pure fiction.

- - - Updated - - -

Small towns also lend themselves to being cliquey and ostracizing people from the outside. Seems people forget this when they themselves are part of the town.

Random people strike up conversations in grocery stores here too mate. Or food trucks or parks... or any place.

This bit about driving around and having a town of random people who don’t know you waving at you sounds like pure fiction.
    I never said it wouldn't happen in a city but I bet you it happens less often

Pure fiction because you never experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Part of it is being more south, northern people tend to be less open and friendly.