Thread: Do you Yoga?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Tried it a couple of times out of curiosity.

I tried like a week but I get so bored, I can't concentrate.

I didn't do yoga, because it is boring for me.

I likeYoga trainings. They can help you to stretch your muscles after the hard training in Gym.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Yoga helps to know yourself and your abilities, to find the full harmony of physical health and moral and spiritual beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieHPS View Post
    Yoga helps to know yourself and your abilities, to find the full harmony of physical health and moral and spiritual beauty.
    I use beer for that.

A person must be flexible enough to do this. This is almost always silent when they talk about the benefits of yoga. I have a couple of guys I know who got seriously injured trying to repeat after the coach. I clarify, it was in a special room, not at home. I know for sure about myself that it’s stupid for me to portray a snake-man. There are good sports stretch marks for different muscle groups without spiritual enlightenment but with good results. The trainer in the gym can show this, as it seems to me (or YouTube)

help of yoga, you can improve your flexibility and from meditation, you can improve your psychological balance.

3+ Year Old Account
    Yoga is for the ladies. I do Yang Style T’ai Chi Ch’uan, as that’s for us old men.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

Yes, I like. But I never practice yoga
    But I will do it.
    I plan to buy an inflatable gym mat for my daughter as a Christmas gift, maybe it can be my yoga mat, too
    A wise idea

A few years back when i did power lifting i did Yoga on the side and it helped a lot with recuperation and remaining agile. The center started going into to much mumbo jumbo after a while and i couldn't stand it.

Had one of the teacher try to explain that just doing Yoga would make me even stronger as my mind would move the weights in sync with my muscles, sure buddy.. let me see you do a 400 pound squat.

10+ Year Old Account
    No but I should, maybe next year...already got my new years resolutions planned and this time I'm going to live up to (some) of them!

Yoga has been a crucial part in my recovery training, though I have to admit I don't like the hippy-style, incense burning, namaste kind that most people do. I just want to stretch without hearing some dimwit with a dot on his forehead whisper "freeeeee your miiiind".

Foam rolling and stretching (call it yoga, of whatever), that's the way to stay injury free.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

I prefer outdoor running and mountain climbing to yoga.

no

/10yogas

tai chi, qi-gong (joker dancing lol) and cold showers for life
    I did go to gym for 2 years, got some muscles, but real shit isn't hypertrophy, it's flexibility, agility and stamina.

Last month i've been doing this morning workout everyday /w cold shower before and after

p.s. START DOING SELF-MASSAGES!!! can't stress this enough, it's free, it's very pleasant and is a good wrists/forearm workout.
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the dates of these posts has been more interesting than the comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

vinyasa flow, with occasional fusion. I'm still working on harder poses and trying to graduate to power yoga class (I need a LOT more upper body strength though before i can do that). been doing vinyasa for about half a year now. according to my instructors, some things can take years to be able to do - and it also depends on each individual. I'm ok with it, I'm not in any rush, would rather go slower and avoid injuries and feel good.

I've tried yoga decades ago in college and was bored out of my mind. tried again out of curiosity in a local studio last year and it was like night and day. I find yin yoga to be extremely boring and that's what I tried in college. vinyasa flow has a lot more movement, a decent strength component along with the stretching and it took me couple of months just to stop looking like a puppet on strings when going through even the most basic flows. I'm definitely not finding it boring (it does help though to have an instructor that adjusts on a fly depending on what student performance is looking like that day, as well as offering alternative poses - both in a direction of harder and easier)

hubs actualy went with me a few times and very much enjoyed it. calls it active relaxation which honestly is not a bad way to describe it. I always feel loose, limber and energized after. he stopped cause i wanted to move on to more challenging class (which would put him into overwork when combined with his usual workouts, but I was started to feel unchallenged in the class we were both taking and I don't do as much lifting as he does)

there are some really impressive male yogi's out there my studio keeps trying to get one of those to maybe teach a class or two there :P

aaaanyways

the most fascinating thing i'm finding out about long term yoga practitioners at least in my area is just how much of an actual community it is. people teach in multiple studios, GO to multiple studios to take classes (that includes instructors) know each other outside of the class, etc. its a very lovely exchange.

P.S. NOT a fan of hot yoga. I tried one class and I couldn't breathe. like, literally I had to leave a studio in a middle of a class or puke right on my mat. my sibling loves it though - says it makes muscles warmer, making it easier to stretch, so to each their own

A person who has already practiced yoga will understand that he lacks practice: he will feel not so peppy, flexible, energetic - the body itself will ask for the usual loads. So if you can combine relaxation with practice, do not give up on it, be sure to do it.