Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    hmm, interesting, the vulpera actually aproach the horde, not the other way around as it was the case with other races
    Well originally the Horde/Alliance embassies were specifically to recruit allies for the war effort in the faction war. Now that there's an armistice and the war is over, going out and actively looking for new races (which will always include new problems even if they bolster your numbers) isn't something they probably want to do right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Just means he is part of the horde, considering how much he likes to burn stuff he fits right in.
    Quite likely Nomi sent his Horde membership application form immediately after Teldrassil. "Now we're really cooking - with fire!" :P

I actually liked this quest line. Shows the Vulpera as dependable. Baine seems to be just doing some delegated work on behalf of the council, I am just glad he is getting more screen time.

Thrall: Eh, yo, what's your name, Baine or something? There's a bunch of whiners outside, go see what they want, we're kinda busy with the party in here.
    Community: BAINE IS THE NEW WARCHIEF!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    If only orcs are allowed to boss around other orcs,
    ummm, i nve said that

The same goes for Baine (despite the unilateral hatred the community shows him) and all the other faction leaders
    he is not warhero like Saurfang

did you saw Saurfang going to Thunderbluff to boss around in his place? no? then why this is fine?

Besides Orgrimmar is not just the city of the orcs, the same as Stormwind is not just a city of humans. They are the central knots of their respective factions no longer attached to a single race.
    But those ARE orc and human cities, it didn't stop from being, an human rule in stormwind, an orc shiuld rule in orgrimmar, that is so simple

You can bet that some Stormwind guardsman won`t question when Tyrande or Moira tell him to do something, unless it goes directly against a royal decree or the law.
    but do moira or tyrande to to stormwind castle replace Anduin and keep giving orders that only the high kin would gie

you cannot see how that is absurd?

If they invested in him the power to make decisions on behalve of the council then it is because he has their trust to make the correct ones (as someone else pointed out, a council does not meet every day to discuss every little bit of stuff coming up).
    "if they invested in him the power" oh yes just like warchief...
    again, the decision to let other race join the horde should not be done with him alone, this is a serious matter and the council should decide

But he also might just have had the bad luck to draw the duty of seeing to the Hordes day-to-day buisness (the stuff Sylvanas was always so annoyed with), while the other leaders attend to their own cities.
    thats just stupid, so the orc leader don't have to attend to his own city, and Baine also cannot attend to his own city, and go to the orc city, great logic
    Maybe you forgot, but many of the Horde leaders actually consider Baine a very smart and honorable person
    [/QUOTE]

but the invery quest heis showed pretty meh

Thrall has clearly stated that he will not lead the Horde
    he don't have too, but he should be the orc representative and he should be there, or any other orc
    The council might have already decided that the Horde is willing to let in new people, if they have proven themselves as allies and want to join. To compare: I also do not have to call in every officer of my guild if I invite someone new. We decided we are recruiting, so every officer is allowed to invite people. Easy.
    you cannot be serious thinking this is somehow an equal thing

If you think that then you haven't been paying attention.
    i think i did pay attention enough, they only start talking about breaking cycle bullshit recently

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    This is what it took for you to hate Baine?

Sylvanas could have saved you from this.
    *Raises Ashbringer*

Mhm...

7+ Year Old Account
    Baine being warchief is the best thing to happen to him. Now he will die since blizzard can't help killing off warchiefs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I actually liked this quest line. Shows the Vulpera as dependable. Baine seems to be just doing some delegated work on behalf of the council, I am just glad he is getting more screen time.
    Don't try and throw in rational plot summery for the haters, they can't get out of their bubble. The same as sylvanas fans can't yet accept she isn't the banshee queen or forsaken leader or even horde anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Great, the Horde literally has a sentient burger as a Warchief now
    It's comments like these that make MMO-C worth while. Gave me a good laugh. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    baine just doesnt want to have another furry leader he wants it all to himself
    OP is basing this off of the vulpera quest. He happens to be answering some concerns from the other allied races and this makes him the "acting warchief" or something. Nothing of the sort was mentioned in the quest or even implied or hinted at, aside from the fact that he declines the vulpera's request to join the Horde without the other members of the council present to decide on it. Which is more likely bad writing than "Baine is the warchief".

I mean we have a thread every day bashing Baine, give it a rest already. Yeah, he is boring... does anyone actually still care about that anymore? He's not unique in that regard. The horse is dead. Let it rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Don't try and throw in rational plot summery for the haters, they can't get out of their bubble. The same as sylvanas fans can't yet accept she isn't the banshee queen or forsaken leader or even horde anymore.
    I mean I get that people can be upset over certain character arcs and stuff. For me I am glad we get to see more of Baine. He did what he thought was right here, he figured that the horde was spread too thin and declined their request but said they would always be welcome. The Vulpera being the cheeky little blighters that they are set about to show them, that they are not here to simply get "help" from the horde but are in fact here to help.

Once Baine sees that these issues we're solved by them along with the player he sees his error and welcomes them in. No doubt the other leaders would approve it. We had years of Cairne doing nothing due to the lack of development, so sure his son is a copy paste of Cairne. But at least we are seeing a version of him now if you know what I mean.

Look at the Belf leader, prior to mists we barely saw any of him. Since then we've had more and more of his story being shown and told. Keep this sort of stuff coming IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    So are we expecting Baine to bumble into a genocide continuing the trend that "Horde Leaders have to be villain batted at some point" or will he pull a Thrall and self exile himself to Ardenweald to graze for the rest of his dead days?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Saurfang was in Grommash hold under Legion, does that mean he was the warchief?

7+ Year Old Account
    We had years of Cairne doing nothing due to the lack of development, so sure his son is a copy paste of Cairne. But at least we are seeing a version of him now if you know what I mean.

I don't think Cairne would send a part of his body to a human
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I don't think Cairne would send a part of his body to a human
    I am not so sure. The Tauren are one of the most chill Horde races out there. But what did he gift a human? I thought it was the mace he was given by Anduin?

I am not so sure. The Tauren are one of the most chill Horde races out there. But what did he gift a human? I thought it was the mace he was given by Anduin?
    One of his horns

7+ Year Old Account
    He cut off a part of his horn and sent it with an apology letter to Anduin.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    So are we expecting Baine to bumble into a genocide continuing the trend that "Horde Leaders have to be villain batted at some point" or will he pull a Thrall and self exile himself to Ardenweald to graze for the rest of his dead days?
    I'm expecting something more like another civil war cause Baine refuses to stand up for the horde cause it conflicts with his interests in maintaining good relations with Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    He cut off a part of his horn and sent it with an apology letter to Anduin.
    That's pretty odd, kinda like sending someone a toe nail clipping. I guess in Tauren culture thats a pretty honourable thing to do. You got me on this one its just odd :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit saddened people can't view Baine in good faith. I think he's an excellent leader. Trying to maintain peace with the Alliance is not folly, its the rarest thing of all in Azeroth; Common sense.

He seemingly cares more about the Horde, and its survival than any other Warchief did, including Thrall. People are still in the mindset that the Horde is just mindless brutes, and any leader that isn't a bloodthirsty tyrant is unfit to rule.