Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Absolutely not. I play with Warmode Off because I hate the inconvenience of random PVP and ganking. I live without the XP bonus and goodies. That's the trade off I make in order to not have to deal with the headache of PVP.

Being able to toggle it on or off easily within a zone completely defeats the purpose of having to make the choice. It gives all of the benefits without any of the downsides.

(Now, whether you feel Warmode is good game design is a completely separate topic)

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Because they dont want you to finish all the quests in a hub with warmode off, then go to the inn, reap the exp, and then turn it back off.

Its inconvenient for a reason.
    How would that work with world quests?

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Imo Warmode should have a 7 days cooldown. If you turn it on, you're stuck with it for a week. It is vital for players to understand that when a brawl emerges, their only solution is to fight and bring friends rather than hearting and turning warmode off.
    Would be fine if populations on shards were balanced. Not overall pops as Blizz cant do much about that but they sure as hell should be able to control sharding distribution. But running into 10-20 vs 2 at every wq is kinda lame sauce cant even attempt to pvp that

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    I thought this at first as well, but really in practice its like 15 sec to port to SW, turn on/off, port back to main city. Same same with the horde side.
    Every time I take a portal it takes me 2 minutes just to get past the loading screen.

Not that I would use warmode anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    How would that work with world quests?
    Do 95% of the quest that arent kill this 1 named mob then finish it real fast with wm on

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Do 95% of the quest that arent kill this 1 named mob then finish it real fast with wm on
    90% of quests are rare spawns.

And the time you'd lose from having to fly to an inn and back to the world quest locations would make it not worth it.

I mean by your logic, people can also do the same thing now, that they can change their warmode setting Stormwind. Nobody is doing it cause it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I'm referring to the fact that Alliance refused to use warmode until they got a free item for it.
    And they still only turn it on for that anyways.
    I mean more like refused to use it because sharding was broken putting way more horde than it was supposed to against a much smaller amount of Alliance (blizz admitted this was bugged and fixed it waaaaay after the fact when it was too late). No one likes 10-20 vs 2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    90% of quests are rare spawns.

And the time you'd lose from having to fly to an inn and back to the world quest locations would make it not worth it.
    Depends if the time or the rep/azerite/gold is more important I suppose.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Seriously, I mean I was getting camped which I had no problem with on my Kul Tiran called Randymarsh and this rogue and Druid camped me and /spit on me. In the inn I clicked it off thinking I could turn it back on but now I have to fly to Stormwind to get muh 20% exp.
    or in every major city. Shattrath, Stormwind, Dalaran, Stormshield etc

I mean more like refused to use it because sharding was broken putting way more horde than it was supposed to against a much smaller amount of Alliance (blizz admitted this was bugged and fixed it waaaaay after the fact when it was too late). No one likes 10-20 vs 2

- - - Updated - - -

And yet, if horde is the 2 in your 10-20 vs 2, it's always shit like "Haha sucks to be horde" or "just turn warmode off". People don't want balance, they want their free gear and 20-30% bonus and not have to actually fight for it.

Well it's not supposed to be a bonus. It's supposed to offset the time you waste being camped. So that's why it's like that. Though it's not much of a deterrent to be fair - you still get a good bonus even if have to log off. It's only bothersome if you don't want to take a break on that char.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    And yet, if horde is the 2 in your 10-20 vs 2, it's always shit like "Haha sucks to be horde" or "just turn warmode off". People don't want balance, they want their free gear and 20-30% bonus and not have to actually fight for it.
    Before the bonus increase and free gear (that no Alliance member actually asked for, most wanted a scaling hp and dmg buff based on how outnumbered they were ala Wintergrasp) Alliance did not outnumber Horde at all.

But personally id be fine with bonus being removed for everyone and ppl who wanna pvp do warmode and if not just turn it off for either side. But if you get 1 side drastically outnumbering the other regardless of which is which ppl will turn it off cuz its not fun and is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I don't have a problem with people turning it off anywhere, though doing so outside of a capital should result in a deserter-style debuff that prevents the player from reactivating War Mode for a certain period of time.

"Fugitive: You are attempting to flee from the opposing faction, and may not activate War Mode. Duration: 24 hours" or something.
    I'm a fan of this idea, but I think 24 hours is way too long. 15-30 minutes sound fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Not true on my server at least.
    Well on EU ever since the flexible warmode bonus was introduced I could count how many times the Alliance didn't have it over 15%+.
    Also, they have it over 20% ever since 8.1.5 constantly.
    So I don't know which server you're on, but on EU it's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    GOOD. PVP = annoying garbage that needs to go away.
    K.

- - - Updated - - -

Read first response.

The real problem is, I think, is that Warmode bonus is not calculated by adding up everyone who used it that week, but by checking at the reset "okay, how many have it on" and then gives the bonus for the next week.
    This makes Alliance players just turn it on for weekly Call to Arms and Overwhelming Odds, or when they do WQ's or level an alt, then instantly turn it off to make sure they have it the next week too.
    I mean, ofc their reason might not be to fuck with the system, they just want those 'extra rewards' and then they don't care about pvp.
    However the mere existence of these extra rewards leads to this problem. They basically do this without knowing it.

People have kinda accepted the fact that this works this way (it's been around a year since this was implemented) which is just sad.

But I would bet money Blizz would immediately fix the system once the Horde got 20% thru some kinda dark magic. THEN it would be problematic.
    Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I don't have a problem with people turning it off anywhere, though doing so outside of a capital should result in a deserter-style debuff that prevents the player from reactivating War Mode for a certain period of time.

"Fugitive: You are attempting to flee from the opposing faction, and may not activate War Mode. Duration: 24 hours" or something.
    I would actually flip this.

After you turn it on you get an "Enlisted" debuff and you can't turn it off for 24 hours.

Also make it so the warmode bonus system calculates the bonus% for the next week by adding the total amount of "Enlisted" people the previous week, so even if you turn it off at any point you still add to the total number.
    Each player would only count once ofc (per char) even if they turn it on once or multiple times a week.

Imo Warmode should have a 7 days cooldown. If you turn it on, you're stuck with it for a week. It is vital for players to understand that when a brawl emerges, their only solution is to fight and bring friends rather than hearting and turning warmode off.
    This is a terrible idea. Basically, this would open a new world of griefing as players are now getting camped and have no way to stop it because they can't turn war mode off. Stuff like that is why PvP servers were removed. A lot of PvPers are incredibly toxic and will spend their entire afternoon camping someone out of spite or because they can.

Personally it bothers me that I'm OMG PVP ON for 5 minutes if I encroach by 5 millimetres some invisible Horde camp on Kul Tiras. Enough of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    If I'd knew your server I'd camp you too for that stupid post of yours.
    I deserve worse but I will settle for this.
    I’m on arthas

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I dont why you turn this into a Classic praise. Classic had a shit ton more problems than current WoW. Alliance not participating in Warmode is only annoying, but it's a luxury we can complain about it as it's Just a minor issue.
    Plus its a player thing not a system thing.
    Because im part of these annoying guys lol. Not my fault, it's stronger than me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is a terrible idea. Basically, this would open a new world of griefing as players are now getting camped and have no way to stop it because they can't turn war mode off. Stuff like that is why PvP servers were removed. A lot of PvPers are incredibly toxic and will spend their entire afternoon camping someone out of spite or because they can.
    In that scenario you call your guild and ask for help in chat. It is very important to give no other alternative to players than to call their friends or logout if you want a PVP realm to work. It is pretty much how it is right now in Classic and people seem to love it.
    Also you gotta think about the gankers too. It sucks for them. Everytime they feel like starting a war, people just chicken out. Sometimes I feel like blocking the way the BRD or bootybay with my friends by killing everyone who dares trespassing and we're having lot of fun until they bring an army to wreck us and do the same thing.

I think the issue is that Mythic raiders see PVP differently. Since they optimise everything, they think they could just benefit from the 20% buff, hop in warmode and do their dailies and leave. But for PVP warmongers, we dont want warmode to be a tool for better reward, we want the whole world to be about war and we don't care about the warmode pvp rewards.

Because im part of these annoying guys lol. Not my fault, it's stronger than me.

- - - Updated - - -

In that scenario you call your guild and ask for help in chat. It is very important to give no other alternative to players than to call their friends or logout if you want a PVP realm to work. It is pretty much how it is right now in Classic and people seem to love it.
    Also you gotta think about the gankers too. It sucks for them. Everytime they feel like starting a war, people just chicken out. Sometimes I feel like blocking the way the BRD or bootybay with my friends by killing everyone who dares trespassing and we're having lot of fun until they bring an army to wreck us and do the same thing.

I think the issue is that Mythic raiders see PVP differently. Since they optimise everything, they think they could just benefit from the 20% buff, hop in warmode and do their dailies and leave. But for PVP warmongers, we dont want warmode to be a tool for better reward, we want the whole world to be about war and we don't care about the warmode pvp rewards.
    The vast majority of people I know that mostly only enjoy PvP are toxic human beings. Blocking the way to a town or dungeon is toxic as all hell. I don't understand why people get enjoyment out of ruining OTHER people's play time. What if the person is currently guildless? What if their friends aren't on? What if there's only a couple of guildies online but are busy playing the game elsewhere? I'm sure none of those questions come to the mind of a person who camps another player. They just care about causing another player hell. In Classic, I've seen more people laugh in general chat when I've asked for help on PvP realm or told me to "git gud" than offer to help. I had joined a pvp realm because my friends picked that server. Because I sometimes had to play when they were offline, I ended up quitting the server because it was just an incredibly toxic atmosphere.

I think warmode should be removed and the only pvp is optional through battlegrounds. In my experiences, world pvp always has been just an excuse for people to be jerks to other people on the game.

7+ Year Old Account

Red face

Perhaps a bit unexpected, but an old and much more relevant counterargument
    - WM should not be a toggle, moreover, in a good way, it shouldn't exist in principle, and it much better would be return PvP servers so not to look at this nonsense.

ps. +(+/+/+/+/+) for more information.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    Running is a perfectly valid solution.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)