Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Korrak Revenge Nerf for Alliance

Mount farming has now been nerfed by Blizzard, showing once again Blizzard's undying hatred for Alliance casuals.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...rraks-revenge/

We have been reviewing your feedback since this event started and while acquiring supplies from the mines and mounts for the ram and wolf riders does contribute to the battle, we agree that these can be a bit repetitive. To that end, we are converting a number of quests within the Battleground into dailies and removing the reward for the repeatable turn-ins. Then to keep the focus on the BG, the amount of Timewarped Bages for both winning and losing are being doubled to 20 and 10 respectively.

Thank you for your feedback and we’ll see you out there!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Mount farming has now been nerfed by Blizzard, showing once again Blizzard's undying hatred for Alliance casuals.
    Changing things to a daily quest is hardly hating on casuals. They just join the event do the daily and stop until the next day. Farming it all out with mindless turn ins is not "casual". The event is around till end of December.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...rraks-revenge/
    What does this have to do with the Alliance? Both sides have that stupid quest

So basically players are more likely to do things that actually send them into battle and risk instead of sitting right by their base and collecting rams or mine supplies.

I mean I don't see how that's alliance specific but whatever. As long as they keep that I can go traitor and do both sets of quests to get this over with a little faster. Not a huge PvP fan because I'm awful at it so if they nerf that I'm just skipping out on the mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Glad I got this finished before this change, took me 6 matches of farming Wolves and Scrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    What does this have to do with the Alliance? Both sides have that stupid quest
    Don't you know? Anything Blizzard does is Horde bias. It's common knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    So basically players are more likely to do things that actually send them into battle and risk instead of sitting right by their base and collecting rams or mine supplies.

I mean I don't see how that's alliance specific but whatever. As long as they keep that I can go traitor and do both sets of quests to get this over with a little faster. Not a huge PvP fan because I'm awful at it so if they nerf that I'm just skipping out on the mount.
    Roll ranged, get in a group, stand behind all the melee sacrifices, blast everything red, rinse, and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Roll ranged, get in a group, stand behind all the melee sacrifices, blast everything red, rinse, and repeat.
    Have everyone that isnt you steal the scrap from your kills because you were too far back to get it first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing I finished this Sunday.

so glad i finished this yesterday, jesus christ.

actually having to sit through that shitfest would have been true torment. join, do wolves till you can't anymore, leave, repeat 30min later. got it done in three matches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay for me getting it 2 days into the event

Winning didn't give enough to keep people motivated to actualy try to win. Just recently I was thinking that maybe increasing the amount from victory to 20 would give people more motivation to actualy try to win instead of sitting in the mines.

This is a buff for both sides, you casual.

Oof, glad I finished this before this change. Take care, scraps.

This is peak timegating. Doubling the reward to 20 makes 10%?

Im done. It should be 40 per win.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    This is a buff for both sides, you casual.
    I've been in numerous 2 1/2 hour matches today alone on various alts. If it doesn't speed the time up by 50%, it's a nerf for everyone. when it comes to stuff like this, seems get in and grind the crap out of it, is almost always the best option. Sucks got those that only play a few hours on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I've been in numerous 2 1/2 hour matches today alone on various alts. If it doesn't speed the time up by 50%, it's a nerf for everyone. when it comes to stuff like this, seems get in and grind the crap out of it, is almost always the best option. Sucks got those that only play a few hours on the weekend.
    What kind of logic is that? It was the WORST POSSIBLE WAY to farm badges anyway. It made you a detriment to your team also. Now you do it once (per day) and play the game like normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, they just needed to add a repeatable quest - kill 40 opposite faction players, 10 badges, turn in at Drek/Van.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the xp buff gone? Only reason I'm doing it atm. Got the mount a while ago.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    What kind of logic is that? It was the WORST POSSIBLE WAY to farm badges anyway. It made you a detriment to your team also. Now you do it once (per day) and play the game like normal.
    I fully expect folks to join, do their quests and leave and players will cycle in and out continuously. If folks knew the matches would be short(er) than maybe they would stick around and maybe on my ally toons I could get a fresh match instead of joining in mid game so much, I have a couple of Kill Korrack I'd like to get a chance at. The cycling in and out could keep the matches extremely long and unless you there for honor that normally isn't desired

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Is the xp buff gone? Only reason I'm doing it atm. Got the mount a while ago.
    I just played my last game 30 mins ago and it was still giving 30Kish a min for 111+ in heirlooms
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2019-11-12 at 04:11 AM.