Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pathfinder is good as it is. The whistle helps a lot and you dont even loose much time with it.

The only problem i see with pathfinder is the immense amount of rep grind for people that didnt play at the start of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in that crowd that isn't really a fan of flying, I think it's a detriment to world design and takes away from the immersion and overall experience.
    But I realize the pro/con ratio is almost 50/50 on the issue.
    And even if I don't like it, once it's in you don't really have the option to not use it, same as with heirlooms and any other stuff that speeds up gameplay.
    The Pathfinder compromise is the best way to appease both crowds, proven by the fact that both sides are bitching about it.
    As they say, a good compromise is reached once neither side is happy.
    Last edited by Krawu; 2019-11-12 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorp View Post
    Honestly, it should either change to a just 1 part achievement, that is: explore the zones and doing the main story quests in each zone, and is available at the start of the expansion, or just going back to being purchased once a character is at max level.
    And are you going to be ok with world q rewarding 3-4× less stuff? Becouse thats exactly what will you get if flying would be unlock after completing exploration and story. Blizzard will always get that time from you no matter if you fly or not.Ok you are now 3x faster than your rewards will be 3x lower becouse we expect you to farm rep for this amounth of time.

I like it the way it is.
    Edit Signature.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    And are you going to be ok with world q rewarding 3-4× less stuff? Becouse thats exactly what will you get if flying would be unlock after completing exploration and story. Blizzard will always get that time from you no matter if you fly or not.Ok you are now 3x faster than your rewards will be 3x lower becouse we expect you to farm rep for this amounth of time.
    I'd be fine with that personally. As long as I don't have to do part 1, then wait 4-6 months to do it again (part 2) just to fly in zones that are half a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    If they have earned it several times then they should have the achievement for it, because thats how you earn it. Pathfinder is 2 part achievement which you can fully complete when the specific patch comes that enables flying, aka flying is part of that patch and nothing before. Would you really be happier if Pathfinder was 1 part achievement that arrived in the same patch but that one part included everything current 2 parts require?

It is literal entitlement.
    Entitlement is when you believe you have a right to something, usually something that you haven't earned. The problem with claiming that people who are sick of pathfinder are entitled is that players HAVE earned it. We earned it in WoD, the again in Legion, and now in BfA. And guess what, suddenly we magically have to put in even MORE work in Shadowlands.

The idea that a person who's earned flying 3 times already (assuming they didn't earn the gold for it in previous expansion on top of that) is "entitled" because they don't think the 8 month delay is fair is.....stupid.

And yes, Pathfinder Part 1 should be available to complete and re-earn flying in the launch patch. If later patches are going to release new areas, then those areas can have their own pathfinder achievements and unlocks. But making players wait an unknown number of months after they've already done all the grinds and achievements because Blizzard can't be assed to put the new zone in its own instance, or under a no-fly dome...is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Entitlement is when you believe you have a right to something, usually something that you haven't earned. The problem with claiming that people who are sick of pathfinder are entitled is that players HAVE earned it. We earned it in WoD, the again in Legion, and now in BfA. And guess what, suddenly we magically have to put in even MORE work in Shadowlands.

The idea that a person who's earned flying 3 times already (assuming they didn't earn the gold for it in previous expansion on top of that) is "entitled" because they don't think the 8 month delay is fair is.....stupid.

And yes, Pathfinder Part 1 should be available to complete and re-earn flying in the launch patch. If later patches are going to release new areas, then those areas can have their own pathfinder achievements and unlocks. But making players wait an unknown number of months after they've already done all the grinds and achievements because Blizzard can't be assed to put the new zone in its own instance, or under a no-fly dome...is asinine.
    You have earned flying in different location. Just like in TBC you bought flying for only Outlands and nothing else, just like in WotLK you bought flying only for Northrend. Now you earn flying for specific zones via pathfinder.
    So if you want something that you haven't earned, aka flying in Shadowlands that you have NOT earned yet, that is literally entitlement - even by your definition.

Flying is patch content, it literally is, so your argument can be said just as well "oh I don't want to wait for X months to have a new M+ season, I want it NOW!"

You can complete Pathfinder 1 just fine, and you'll earn flying when you've completed all required parts for flying. Flying is patch content, if you don't want to play without it then I suggest that you wait until that patch hits the servers.

You have earned flying in different location. Just like in TBC you bought flying for only Outlands and nothing else, just like in WotLK you bought flying only for Northrend. Now you earn flying for specific zones via pathfinder.
    So if you want something that you haven't earned, aka flying in Shadowlands that you have NOT earned yet, that is literally entitlement - even by your definition.

Flying is patch content, it literally is, so your argument can be said just as well "oh I don't want to wait for X months to have a new M+ season, I want it NOW!"

You can complete Pathfinder 1 just fine, and you'll earn flying when you've completed all required parts for flying. Flying is patch content, if you don't want to play without it then I suggest that you wait until that patch hits the servers.
    I seriously just don't get why the flying hate. You can have all those nice things, and you can't enjoy it for a year, just feels so bad. Part 1 is easy to do, i don't even care about how many things i should complete, but that's that. I would rather just have loads of things to do and hard ones, and a hard quest-chain of all zones or a scenario that would be hard to do in each zone of shadowlands for example, to fly there.

At BfA for example, imagine how satisfying would be for you to get flying everytime you complete a exalted+ quest chain with a zone? For example you could not have flying for Vol'dun because you barely went there, but if you did all the zandalari quests you could have flying there, at Zuldazar.

Could be unlocked by zones on a new expansion and buy the flying there. That would be a grind for flying but at least it wasn't timegated, and would be rewarded flying even in places that you feel annoyed to be, and just do the sacrifice to do all you can to have it there.

And for example, in kultiras because you are not alliance and would have no actual rep from it as alliance, you would be grounded for a long time. And it's 50-50 because you're on a enemy territory.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-12 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    snip
    Simply the game is better without flying.

Well we can agree to disagree. What is good for you, it's not good for me

Yes, because running through a dozen mobs and getting dazed off of your mount is such an exciting mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove it. Flight becomes available with the first content patch.

As title suggests. I have a certain love-hate for pathfinder. I love having some challenge to fly, but i hate having too much time to wait until i have it. Would you like for blizzard for example, change pathfinder in a way that wouldn't take a whole grind rep but instead, just quest chains, that you can complete anytime you want and once that pathfinder part 1 is done, pathfinder 2 would then give you a rep to grind? Or the opposite, or just remove PART 2? What are your thoughts?

Edit 05/11: The hate part for it, it's about how long Pathfinder PART II takes to come out. Just want to clarify this for someone that reads this the first time.
    The love part is that i actually like having challenge to unlock flying. It's a satisfaction sensation that you get.

Also, forgot to add a poll. but still type about it. thanks.

Edit 06/11: After some hours of answers and discussions, the majority of people on this forum and this thread, would like for pathfinder part 2 to come sooner and for pathfinder to be required while you're leveling and doing quests and explore the whole zones/Loremaster linked to it exclusively without a timegated part 2. And for pvp related systems, i think and one just more person that there could be some area restrictions on flying, if it's considered a battlefield. Where you get instantly dismounted. It can either be a full zone, or just a place. I gave the example of Wintergrasp, Northrend is a flying continent yet, once you fly over wintergrasp, you get dismounted. More like this could be added to the game and new expansions.
    I seriously love pathfinder, adding requirements and work to gain something that will benefit you in a major way is awesome and how it should be, pathfinder 2 aswell, being able to fly within weeks of release of an expansion is just lame to be honest.

This forces people to embrace, experience and enjoy all the hard worked ground content a lot people spent so much time of their life producing for us.

So no it wouldn't see it changed

The only change I would make: Remove the time gating. Let pathfinder part 1 enable flying in the expansion starting zones. If there's a X.2 zone like Broken Shore/Najatar they want to enable flying in, give it its own pathfinder part 2.

No more of this waiting a year crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    The only change I would make: Remove the time gating. Let pathfinder part 1 enable flying in the expansion starting zones. If there's a X.2 zone like Broken Shore/Najatar they want to enable flying in, give it its own pathfinder part 2.

No more of this waiting a year crap.
    I'm starting to think, enabling zones flying is better than pathfinder. I said above somewhere there.

Every zone could have quest-chains and rep to enable flying when hit exalted and done those storylines, then you would unlock an achievement for doing the story + flying in the zone.

This would also give you the possibility of choosing where you want to pass more time and where you would want to have flying, and also at the same time, some zones, can just be no flying allowed. More like, timeless isle, for example. Or Isle of Thunder.

I'm actually going to add this on my thread edit.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-12 at 09:56 PM.

I'm starting to think, enabling zones flying is better than pathfinder. I said above somewhere there.

Every zone could have quest-chains and rep to enable flying when hit exalted and done those storylines, then you would unlock an achievement for doing the story + flying in the zone.

This would also give you the possibility of choosing where you want to pass more time and where you would want to have flying, and also at the same time, some zones, can just be no flying allowed. More like, timeless isle, for example. Or Isle of Thunder.

I'm actually going to add this on my thread edit.
    I wouldn't mind that.

I don't mind that I can't fly in every zone the moment I hit level cap. I don't mind if they have more zones where flying is NEVER enabled. I just dislike the arbitrary timegating in zones that they 'do' make with the plan for us to 'eventually' have flying but it's held off until pathfinder part 2.

I wouldn't mind that.

I don't mind that I can't fly in every zone the moment I hit level cap. I don't mind if they have more zones where flying is NEVER enabled. I just dislike the arbitrary timegating in zones that they 'do' make with the plan for us to 'eventually' have flying but it's held off until pathfinder part 2.
    Yes, which is exactly my problem with it. I don't give a f*** if i need to do many things to have it, i mean - WITH PLEASURE BLIZZARD - , but there's zones i really can't go without flying, it's really frustrating.
    They are designed to be annoying so you want to unlock flying that bad, but they make you suffer even more waiting so much for it.
    So for me would be good just being able to choose something that removed the timegating. (Btw i'm not mad when i said dont give a f*** i was just being humorous xD)

I don't think flying is the most important thing, but many times i feel myself annoyed with the game because of that. The world enlarged and people keep making comparisons with classic, a game that was slow paced. Retail is suppose to be fast faced as everything nowadays is. You have fast computers, before you had slow. Before they would take months if not a year to just make good graphics, the game market and merchandising demands more from games now. Blizzard has a good thing on their game such as flying and oh boi how i love my drakes and dragons in general, and why having a flying cool mount when you can't use it for nothing more than just a butt going left and right walking and their wings are resting for a year? lol I have infinite timereaver, and i love that mount for example and it's always on the ground, i'm forced to not use it because it just feels on the ground that im treating my flying mount like a horse, ignoring they are dragons.

If all comes down to appreciate zones from the ground and content where you need to grind and unlock, so you get busy doing it, then instead of pathfinder part 2, make a long part 1, by adding it to the specific zones you need to grind on those same zones. That's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-12 at 10:38 PM.

Yes, which is exactly my problem with it. I don't give a f*** if i need to do many things to have it, i mean - WITH PLEASURE BLIZZARD - , but there's zones i really can't go without flying, it's really frustrating.
    They are designed to be annoying so you want to unlock flying that bad, but they make you suffer even more waiting so much for it.
    So for me would be good just being able to choose something that removed the timegating. (Btw i'm not mad when i said dont give a f*** i was just being humorous xD)

I don't think flying is the most important thing, but many times i feel myself annoyed with the game because of that. The world enlarged and people keep making comparisons with classic, a game that was slow paced. Retail is suppose to be fast faced as everything nowadays is. You have fast computers, before you had slow. Before they would take months if not a year to just make good graphics, the game market and merchandising demands more from games now. Blizzard has a good thing on their game such as flying and oh boi how i love my drakes and dragons in general, and why having a flying cool mount when you can't use it for nothing more than just a butt going left and right walking and their wings are resting for a year? lol I have infinite timereaver, and i love that mount for example and it's always on the ground, i'm forced to not use it because it just feels on the ground that im treating my flying mount like a horse, ignoring they are dragons.

If all comes down to appreciate zones from the ground and content where you need to grind and unlock, so you get busy doing it, then instead of pathfinder part 2, make a long part 1, by adding it to the specific zones you need to grind on those same zones. That's my 2 cents.

Yeah. Flying and pathfinder, as much as the current implementation annoys me, are not big enough factors to decide if I sub or buy an expansion or not etc. But it would still be nice to see the system adjusted.

Yeah. Flying and pathfinder, as much as the current implementation annoys me, are not big enough factors to decide if I sub or buy an expansion or not etc. But it would still be nice to see the system adjusted.
    What makes me buy a expansion is what the game has to provide me and earn back my trust. I had a good expansion after coming back from cataclysm, that was legion and now i'm sure i only bought bfa cause i have friends that wants to play with me + my boyfriend.

Shadowlands on the other hand, kinda has some Legion expansion feeling to me, and i'm up for it. And Legion still had pathfinder way later, but never really bothered me (the only zone i got annoyed was highmountain), as BfA zones did. In Zuldazar i felt so clunky, i felt like a retard going back and forth to finish something so much times, the great seal is so high up and everything so down there, for sure if i could have this option of choosing where to fly before all this, would be zuldazar, like no doubt at all lol.

Also in Legion you were pretty much at Dalaran most of the times that was basically centered in the map, close to every other zone, Zuldazar is like down there and even to go kultiras you need to travel to boat and all that, feels misplaced walking around in BfA. Feels really, i mean i'm saying this and i'm remembering feeling so misplaced, as if i wasn't going to a zone but like outland or something.

Literally bfa never made my eyes shine in any moment. Only moment i remember getting happy was actually going kultiras and hearing the Kultiras soundtrack, and the siren's music and i love mermaid stuff and pirate, so ye - DON'T TRUST ME - so, anyway, i just want to say there's a lot of factors that makes me buy an expansion, but not having flying after months starts to make me OCD, and scratch my arm, like a withered asking for mana, but me, for flying instead.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-12 at 11:04 PM.

As previously mentioned, Blizz has clearly stated that the alternative to Pathfinder is that new xpacs having no flying whatsoever, at any point in time. Ion said during WoD development that the team regrets ever implementing Flying into the game because, in their opinion, it has been a detriment to the game. They openly said WoD and future xpacs weren't going to have flying, which sparked a massive debate over the future of flying in the game, and blizzard proposed Pathfinder as an alternative. Essentially, half of the xpac would be restricted to ground mounts only, requiring everyone to play the game in what they feel is the properly designed way, and the back half would open up flying (to some degree, i.e. Argus).

It's fine to not like it, but it's rather foolish to think they will suddenly begin to unlock flying a few weeks/months into the expansion. If they were even do something such as releasing Part 2 in X.1, they would make it something so absurdly grindy (talking literally months worth of grind here) that you would wish for it be the usual 8.2 Revered/Storlyine stuff again. Knowing the actual alternatives, I'm just happy we have the system we currently do.