Poll: Which expansion will you level through first?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WoTLK and Pandaria Might try WoD again too. I liked the zones and their stories. The zones were gorgeous. Except Gorgrond. That was a bit of a mess, just like Blade's Edge...
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Mop had best leveling experience ever in my opinion. Everything just pointed you where to go, it was easy, quick, so great for leveling alts.

Shadowlands got all classes at max level by SL prepatch launch including the new 8.3 ar

WoD if flying is available early, unless they straight up remove exp from treasures and the like. (kinda afraid that thats how they will end up balancing it)

if WoD is nerfed too much, i think i'll just mix and mash expansions rather than sticking with one.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    WoD if flying is available early, unless they straight up remove exp from treasures and the like. (kinda afraid that thats how they will end up balancing it) if WoD is nerfed too much, i think i'll just mix and mash expansions rather than sticking with one.
    I’m sure you’ll be able to fly right off the bat. I’m also 99% positive that they’ll remove the XP from treasures.

They said all expacs would be equal so there’s no way they could balance WoD with treasures left intact. Blizzard hates fun and if this is truly their goal then they’ll want to ensure no expansion offers an advantage over another.

The one thing I can’t figure out is how they’ll actually do it. If they want you to be able to see the entire story of an expansion then aren’t older ones going to take longwe because of the sheer size of the zones? BFA is so condensed compared to WOTLK or Pandaria.

I’m not at home right now so I can’t look up the number of quests in each zone from each expansion. I’d imagine WOTLK has far more quests per zone than Legion or BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Shadowlands got all classes at max level by SL prepatch launch including the new 8.3 ar
    Kinda hard to have races at max level that haven’t been released yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Picked up tbc for the Nostalgia mainly as I haven't played through it for ages.
    If it was for speed I would go with wod or bfa

Shadowlands, Not gonna delete a max level char only to level a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Kinda hard to have races at max level that haven’t been released yet.
    what do you think how long it takes to level 2(!) ar from 20-120 when you have from 8.3 till pre-patch, lol?

is +XP still a thing with war mode on? if so

alliance - old world zones no horde ever go like night elf leveling areas and dwarf areas.

horde - pandaria war mode off.

whoever currently has their catch-up mechanic active: invasions, assaults, whatever. Each expansion has one and if they are offset at all this will be the fastest way to level unless you want to sit down and grind it all out in a sitting.

Vanilla/wrath probably take it slower and just enjoy the experience
    Mighty one, never forget.

Why is there no option for XP freeze and all of them ;'(

Mind blown over so many people choosing pandaria.
    Worst zones by FAR during my 15 years of playing wow.

Insane...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Mind blown over so many people choosing pandaria.
    Worst zones by FAR during my 15 years of playing wow.

Insane...
    Well i your eye's maybe.

I personaly will pick MoP most of the time. The Zone's where breathtaking and the Soundtrack got me hyped like none after that.

I must say i find is kind of sad that many people just say "Pandas suck and dont belong in Warcraft". If you ask me i think a reason why MoP is being chosen so much is that it brought a breath of fresh air to the game, something new aside from the "Orks v. Humans" that we have like every time. Compleatly new visuals and a fresh story. And thats why i think Shadowlands will also be a good exp.

But thats my opinion.
    This space could contain your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    Well i your eye's maybe.

I personaly will pick MoP most of the time. The Zone's where breathtaking and the Soundtrack got me hyped like none after that.

I must say i find is kind of sad that many people just say "Pandas suck and dont belong in Warcraft". If you ask me i think a reason why MoP is being chosen so much is that it brought a breath of fresh air to the game, something new aside from the "Orks v. Humans" that we have like every time. Compleatly new visuals and a fresh story. And thats why i think Shadowlands will also be a good exp.

But thats my opinion.
    I'm guessing it's the cartoonish nature and alot of younger players being so hooked on MoP.

The one with the least zones and best quest structure. If the stated goal is that you hit 50 once you're done/nearly done with your chosen expansion, question in an expansion with more quests will simply take longer than questing in one with less quests. No one will ever go through EK/Kalimdor if they want to get a char to endgame because it's just a lot more work for the same goal.

WotLK- the dungeons are good, the zones and aesthetics are good, the lore is the best and the questing and xp is fine. I don't understand how everyone is knocking it. plus lots of grind areas if you want.

Wod is going to be nerfed/normalized so go for what you like. If you liked wod then there's nothing i can do for you.

lightforged pally will go through wotlk
    elf or whatever can be a druid will go through tbc
    monk will have to be some kind of asian dude through pandaria lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria all the way.
    #TeamNecromancer #TeamDragonIsles

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I'm guessing it's the cartoonish nature and alot of younger players being so hooked on MoP.
    Dude, all of wow is cartoonish. MoP isn't more or less cartoonish than the rest of the game.

MoP had the perfect mix of calm and relaxed but also really dark undertones.

And regarding age I think it is opposite. Younger audiences want more "rawr! manly! blood and gore because that is cool!" while the older audience is tired of that shit and just wants a breather. Example I am 31 and after Cata I so wanted an expansion that wasn't just DESTRUCTION! MAYHEM! Which made me roll my eyes when WoD rolled in after MoP. To be honest I find wow more silly when it tries to be serious, like in BfA. It just feels weird.

Haven't read all of the posts, so forgive me if this has been mentioned before.

I wouldn't count on the treasure XP still being in WoD once this leveling revamp gets released. It defeats the purpose of what they are trying to do.

As for what I am going to do, I will likely rotate through the ones I like. Cata(1-60 & 80-90), MoP, WoD, Legion & BfA all have decent leveling experiences. I doubt I will ever level in BC or Wrath ever again.
    #TeamTinkers