Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The circumstances surrounding his death are plausible if each event happened in isolation.

A camera in a prison facility failing? Plausible.

Two cameras in a prison facility failing? Less plausible, but not impossible.

Two specific cameras in a facility failing, both pointing at the same cell? Much less likely. If it was due to a failure of a single part further upstream, it should have knocked out more than just those two cameras. Based on what we know, it was only the two on Epstein's cell which failed. At that point, if you've eliminated an upstream failure then you're left with the idea that two specific cameras both happened to fail within the same tiny window. As someone who works with AV infrastructure among other stuff, I personally find that highly unlikely. It would be far more believable if e.g. all of the cameras on that particular block had failed - that way you could suggest it was down to a failure on a shared infrastructure piece the cameras connect back to (n.b. I don't know how jail CCTV is wired so it's not impossible there is no single point of failure).

A guard falling asleep when overworked? Very plausible. Two guards falling asleep at the same time? Much less likely but not impossible.

When looked at as a collective, however, what we are left with is a situation where, in order to believe that Epstein killed himself, you have to accept that two cameras independently failed, two guards simultaneously fell asleep right as the cameras failed, and Epstein happened to try and commit suicide during the tiny window that the two sleeping guards and two failed cameras provided.

It's not impossible, but it's highly implausible and should have been fully investigated. There's certainly no way we can say he was definitely killed, but we're being asked to believe in an enormous number of coincidences here without a full inquiry being held. The fact it was buttoned up so fast only adds another suspicious bullet point.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    The circumstances surrounding his death are plausible if each event happened in isolation.

Two specific cameras in a facility failing, both pointing at the same cell? Much less likely. If it was due to a failure of a single part further upstream, it should have knocked out more than just those two cameras. Based on what we know, it was only the two on Epstein's cell which failed. At that point, if you've eliminated an upstream failure then you're left with the idea that two specific cameras both happened to fail within the same tiny window. As someone who works with AV infrastructure among other stuff, I personally find that highly unlikely. It would be far more believable if e.g. all of the cameras on that particular block had failed - that way you could suggest it was down to a failure on a shared infrastructure piece the cameras connect back to (n.b. I don't know how jail CCTV is wired so it's not impossible there is no single point of failure).

A guard falling asleep when overworked? Very plausible. Two guards falling asleep at the same time? Much less likely but not impossible.

When looked at as a collective, however, what we are left with is a situation where, in order to believe that Epstein killed himself, you have to accept that two cameras independently failed, two guards simultaneously fell asleep right as the cameras failed, and Epstein happened to try and commit suicide during the tiny window that the two sleeping guards and two failed cameras provided.

It's not impossible, but it's highly implausible and should have been fully investigated.
    There's certainly no way we can say he was definitely killed, but we're being asked to believe in an enormous number of coincidences here without a full inquiry being held. The fact it was buttoned up so fast only adds another suspicious bullet point.
    Well said all of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not impossible, but it's highly implausible and should have been fully investigated.
    It is being investigated....

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/45...il-cell-report

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Insofar as I am aware, they're only looking at the cameras, not the totality of things. If they're looking at everything then great.

So there is a somewhat newer video circulating. A reporter from ABC was caught on a "hot mic" and unaware she was being recorded. She said she had the story for 3 years and was told she could not report on it. Will link here. Note: I know this comes from Project Veritas a supposed right wing site. Any information to expose anyone connected to Epstein is not a partisan issue. Anyone involved Right wing, left wing, center wing needs to go down I don't care if its Trump, Clinton etc. Whoever is involved needs to pay. Link to Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lfwkTsJGYA
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

I’m sorry but I don’t think this is a meme?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he killed himself, though there's motive for him to do so (shame for being caught with no other way out.)

The circumstances however are too shady for me to accept that conclusion. However I refuse to lay the blame on Donald Trump or the Clintons or any other power player without any evidence.

But I don't think he killed himself.
    Putin khuliyo

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

It's not impossible, but it's highly implausible and should have been fully investigated. There's certainly no way we can say he was definitely killed, but we're being asked to believe in an enormous number of coincidences here without a full inquiry being held. The fact it was buttoned up so fast only adds another suspicious bullet point.
    Agreed. And very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I don't think he killed himself, though there's motive for him to do so (shame for being caught with no other way out.)

The circumstances however are too shady for me to accept that conclusion. However I refuse to lay the blame on Donald Trump or the Clintons or any other power player without any evidence.

He had ways out. He had massive amounts of money, he had powerful friends, and he had hard dirt on a ton of people to barter with.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

I think it's a mistake to try and lay blame on any one person - so many rich/powerful people would have been negatively affected by the information Epstein was set to release. I think it's just important look at the totality of the circumstances of his death, such as @Drutt laid out so clearly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Come on we all know Epstein was Epsteined. You don't make so many enemies of so many various powerful/extremely wealthly people and get caged with no escape and live to tell the tale. Just hope someone is watching those guards bank accounts who were on duty that night. Wonder how many will be sitting on a boat on some tropical island in a few years.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it even matters. The disturbing part is that his death seems to have stopped people from talking about who else was involved in his crimes, like the whole case died with him.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I thought we weren't allowed to talk about conspiracy theories?

I do like how people keep bring it up and also calling out ABC for burying the story.
    This isn't a conspiracy theory. This is a suicide with questionable circumstances. We're just reviewing the circumstances. Huge difference.

This was the best summary I've seen as to why some people might be questioning the circumstances of Epstein's death:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I don't think it even matters. The disturbing part is that his death seems to have stopped people from talking about who else was involved in his crimes, like the whole case died with him.
    It certainly won't now. If Epstein was murdered, no one is interested in finding it out, and certainly no one is going to be arrested for it. The whole file is buried in some idiot investigator's office file cabinet labeled "No Fucking Way".

AP sources: Epstein jail guards had been offered plea deal

Federal prosecutors offered a plea deal to two correctional officers responsible for guarding Jeffrey Epstein on the night of his death, but the officers have declined the offer, people familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.

The existence of the plea offer signals the Justice Department is considering criminal charges in connection with the wealthy financier’s death at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York in August. The city’s medical examiner ruled Epstein's death a suicide.

The guards on Epstein's unit are suspected of failing to check on him every half hour, as required, and of fabricating log entries to show they had. As part of the proposed plea deal, prosecutors wanted the guards to admit they falsified the prison records, according to the people familiar with the matter. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not permitted to publicly discuss the investigation.

-------------------

This is disturbing...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    AP sources: Epstein jail guards had been offered plea deal

Federal prosecutors offered a plea deal to two correctional officers responsible for guarding Jeffrey Epstein on the night of his death, but the officers have declined the offer, people familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.

The existence of the plea offer signals the Justice Department is considering criminal charges in connection with the wealthy financier’s death at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York in August. The city’s medical examiner ruled Epstein's death a suicide.

The guards on Epstein's unit are suspected of failing to check on him every half hour, as required, and of fabricating log entries to show they had. As part of the proposed plea deal, prosecutors wanted the guards to admit they falsified the prison records, according to the people familiar with the matter. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not permitted to publicly discuss the investigation.

-------------------

This is disturbing...
    That is all kinds of problematic.

So did they actually fall asleep.
    What records did they falsify (I'm assuming their "30-minute checks" on Epstein that didn't happen).

Anyone else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That is all kinds of problematic.

So did they actually fall asleep.
    What records did they falsify (I'm assuming their "30-minute checks" on Epstein that didn't happen).

Anyone else?
    It was the log they have to fill out after every count. Friend came over this week and told me about some of the changes the Feds are looking into because of this.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It was the log they have to fill out after every count. Friend came over this week and told me about some of the changes the Feds are looking into because of this.
    Interesting. So really kind of corroborates them merely falling asleep more than anything else upwardly nefarious?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Interesting. So really kind of corroborates them merely falling asleep more than anything else upwardly nefarious?
    Or just being shitty at their job and finally getting caught. No telling how long this kind of thing has been going on and who has/is doing it. Probably why it's a felony charge.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Or just being shitty at their job and finally getting caught. No telling how long this kind of thing has been going on and who has/is doing it. Probably why it's a felony charge.
    Could be. And if this were the only issue I would tend to agree with you more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to waste my time burying myself in conspiracy theories. I'd rather wait for actual evidence to the contrary of the original determination. The way I see it, he had a motive to kill himself, so his action is not particularly surprising.