Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Fantastic analogy. Pelosi/Schiff and the Democratic leadership have really put together a stunningly effective game plan. Trump being Trump is the worst thing the GOP can have happen.
    Well yea, I don't think it can be understated how dismayed even Fox News was when he attempted live witness intimidation in that hearing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    BREAKING ON CBS: Roger Stone was just found guilty on all 7 charges.
    I bet he gets a year with time served.

I have no faith, absolutely none, in our system at this point.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Well to be fair his Presidency is a subversion to the actual will of the voter, but that pesky process where land means more than people keeps getting in the way.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Well to be fair his Presidency is a subversion to the actual will of the voter, but that pesky process where land means more than people keeps getting in the way.
    Lol the EC will be studied by future political science students as the most failed system of a democracy.

Meanwhile, the White House is blaming a decorated war veteran for their lies again. AND, lying about the irrelevant phone call to Ukraine. The White House claimed that the call was to discuss corruption but the White House released transcript mentions nothing about corruption.

In that transcript, there is no mention of corruption despite a White House readout of the call that was released in April that stated the issue arose. A White House spokesperson put that discrepancy at the feet of a central witness to the House impeachment inquiry in a statement.
    GOP lying shitbags once again. They can't even get their lies straight.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think FOX and even moreso the radical Brietbart and Infowars type websites have put us in the situation we're in that is so surreal. You've got the hardcore Trump supporters that are so attracted to his racism and bigotry that all common sense and morals for them are just completely out the window. To them, ANYTHING he does (including crime, or doing things that seriously undermine democracy) is worth that trade. Even with abortion or guns, we had 8 years of Obama and despite all the scare tactics that convinced people to do a run on ammunition, it never happened. Don't buy the lies that either you support Trump or they are going to confiscate your guns.

The bigger problem is that the x% of hardcore Trump people aren't even reasonable or rational to debate. A normal human would say, a President bribed a foreign gov't with taxpayer money to investigate and find dirt on a political rival, that's a fundamental threat to our democratic system and much worse than Watergate. But Trumpers don't, they have been programmed to defend anything he does and attack anyone that calls him out on his crimes. It's the same routine every single time.

The good news is looking at the UFC and World Series games where he was seriously booed, should tell him that the Trumper % is getting to be in the increasingly small minority. So he can go to his carefully selected rallies where he gets his usual worship to feel good. But come November, if he isn't impeached by then be better start packing because the masses have figured his con game out and it ain't working anymore.

VP aide Williams, who listened to July Trump/Zelensky phone call, found "the mention of these specific investigations" into Bidens & 2016 "unusual and inappropriate," relevant to Trump's "personal political agenda...as opposed to a broader foreign policy objective" of USA
    https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...856707073?s=19

2/ Q: How did it make you feel?

WILLIAMS: I guess for me it shed some light on possible other motivations behind a security assistance hold.
    Coming direct from Pence's aide. So umm, Mike Pence knew or ws really having to play ignorant on what's going on.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    I think FOX and even moreso the radical Brietbart and Infowars type websites have put us in the situation we're in that is so surreal. You've got the hardcore Trump supporters that are so attracted to his racism and bigotry that all common sense and morals for them are just completely out the window. To them, ANYTHING he does (including crime, or doing things that seriously undermine democracy) is worth that trade. Even with abortion or guns, we had 8 years of Obama and despite all the scare tactics that convinced people to do a run on ammunition, it never happened. Don't buy the lies that either you support Trump or they are going to confiscate your guns.

The bigger problem is that the x% of hardcore Trump people aren't even reasonable or rational to debate. A normal human would say, a President bribed a foreign gov't with taxpayer money to investigate and find dirt on a political rival, that's a fundamental threat to our democratic system and much worse than Watergate. But Trumpers don't, they have been programmed to defend anything he does and attack anyone that calls him out on his crimes. It's the same routine every single time.

The good news is looking at the UFC and World Series games where he was seriously booed, should tell him that the Trumper % is getting to be in the increasingly small minority. So he can go to his carefully selected rallies where he gets his usual worship to feel good. But come November, if he isn't impeached by then be better start packing because the masses have figured his con game out and it ain't working anymore.
    Agreed. The Trumpkin rabid-fan-base is demonstrably frightening and a complete threat to the very existence of the United States. That is not hyperbole. That is a poll that says 60% of GOP would support Trump no matter what he did, or failed to do. That is no longer a democracy, that is a dictatorship. Brainwashing and willful ignorance.

Even if Trump is removed from office or loses the 2020 election, I'm not sure where we go from here, when 30%+ of the United States voting population is literally insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Mike Pence knew
    I think most people assumed Pence knew...eventually.

Pence was out of town, with Ivanka (not what you think), in Florida promoting a work training program for felons. "Basically, half the people I know are going to need this," Pence didn't say but I'm pretending he did. It's not just possible, but likely, Trump tries to do his shadiest shit when Pence is out of town. Which is actually kind of often.

But it's safe to assume, with the level of shared concern we now know was the case, that someone told Pence. Pence, of course, knows he can't run for election on his own, but it's also too early to turn on Trump and evict him to become President Pence. Pence has been remarkably quiet about this, which in turn, speaks volumes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Person on Twitter, "I'm not watching the hearings because I don't see how what he did was wrong.'

You cant tell if your street is on fire if you dont go outside.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Speaking of martyrs, did Nunes just setup Stefanik to be cutoff by Schiff so they can continue to play victim?
    Yes, they know exactly what they are doing. This is a charade to make it seem like the Dems are silencing the GOP.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Person on Twitter, "I'm not watching the hearings because I don't see how what he did was wrong.'

You cant tell if your street is on fire if you dont go outside.
    Which summarizes the entire Trumpkin point of view. Couldn't have done anything wrong because he can't do anything wrong. As the world burns, the Trumpkins sit and stuff their faces with government check bought KFC telling the world their life is better all the while they get dumber and poorer.

Once again proving that Trump did nothing wrong... can't wait for another landslide victory in 2020! MAGA2020!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post

Wish I had your faith in the voting bloc.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Wish I had your faith in the voting bloc.
    You are literally one of those people he's talking about. After all, you are a Trump supporter, and have stated you will be voting for him.

Why are you trying to argue that you have no faith in yourself? That seems like a rather odd stance for you to take. Care to explain?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ampaign-Thread

https://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.ph...do=showresults

So, either you are being disingenuous and lying, or you are insulting yourself.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2019-11-17 at 02:39 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    Once again proving that Trump did nothing wrong... can't wait for another landslide victory in 2020! MAGA2020!!
    When you wake up to reality it's going be a real shocker. We're seeing time and again Trump administration officials confirming Trump's confession of multiple felony counts of bribery and extortion. And Cheeto tweeted Witness Intimidation as well.

But I love that you're one of those willfully ignorant who think he can do no wrong. I'm sure you feel the same way about Hitler. Remember, Trump's got Gobbels' doppelganger working for him already.

So you think obstruction, witness intimidation, fraud, bribery and using the office of the president to do political hit jobs is "did nothing wrong"?

the best part of this is the trump cult went crazy of the zero evidence conspiracy theory of Obama spying on Trump's campaign, but all this is "magically" no big deal.

the epitome of a republican pillar; "rules for thee but not for me"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    man you guys are trying too hard these days. it's gone from sad to boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Also a Bolton aide testified that
    a) Bolton knew Trump was withholding aid, and
    b) Bolton had a private one-on-one meeting with Trump on the subject, and
    c) this was in August, as in "the month between the quid pro quo and Democrats strangling the money out of Trump anyhow", and
    d) Bolton came out of the meeting saying Trump just didn't feel like releasing the money, despite being required to do so