Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Really disappointed I can't use Youtube until beating this as videos that appear in my feed put huge spoilers in the thumbnail and headline.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Hmm Sekiro parry system
    So Sekiro invented the parry system? And Sekiro is a Souls game now when it's actually just an action samurai game? Furthermore the parry system is closer to the old Assassin's Creeds then it is to Sekiro... shocker another game that came out before Demon's Souls did.

stamina bar, bonfires, losing XP on death until you fight the enemy that killed you. I could name more, but yeah dude this game totally isn't like Dark Souls
    It's not anything like Dark Souls, and really you're just furthering the meme when it comes to things like this. Death Stranding and GTA both have guns, vehicles and a big world is Death Stranding a GTA game? Holy hell your logic is terrible. The game literally plays nothing like a Souls game outside of having mostly action melee combat(which big shock, existed long before Demon's Souls came out).

How dare games have a stamina bar and action melee combat! Souls ripoff!(even those these things existed before your precious franchise ever did). Don't even get me started on the death differences which aren't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulflayer View Post
    Just finished it after 26h of gameplay. I really enjoy every moment of it. Only a few things to rage about: Not having a jedi robe of somekind. Or something jedi to wear. Always with the same look really hurt me. And no, ponchos are ugly af xD Maybe I will continue it a bit so I can collect all the cosmetics, but was a good ride.
    Full price for 26 hours? Sounds like a deep sale for me.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    How dare games have a stamina bar and action melee combat! Souls ripoff!(even those these things existed before your precious franchise ever did). Don't even get me started on the death differences which aren't even close.
    No one said anything about it being a ripoff, but it is clear that the developers were inspired by the Souls series when making this game. Limited number of heals that you find items to upgrade your total count as you go through the game, Said number of heals refresh by resting at designated spots throughout the level and all enemies respawn when you do so. Loosing your current, unspent XP when you are killed by an enemy and being able to get your XP back by going back to the enemy that killed you (here you only need to damage them, not kill them but it's still similar). Long, twisting zones where you are able to open shortcuts so you can quickly backtrack without going through the whole level again. The combat is methodical and more about dodging/parrying and attacking at the right time over button mashing and combos but there are a lot of games other than Souls-like that have that.

Is it a Souls game? No. Is it clear that key aspects were inspired by the Souls series? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Is it a Souls game? No. Is it clear that key aspects were inspired by the Souls series? Absolutely.
    More like is it clear they wanted 3rd person action melee combat.

Stop acting like Souls invented it. Stop claiming everything is a "Souls Game", or "inspired by Souls". This is literally the meme, and you guys are actually saying it seriously with a straight face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So Sekiro invented the parry system? And Sekiro is a Souls game now when it's actually just an action samurai game? Furthermore the parry system is closer to the old Assassin's Creeds then it is to Sekiro... shocker another game that came out before Demon's Souls did.

It's not anything like Dark Souls, and really you're just furthering the meme when it comes to things like this. Death Stranding and GTA both have guns, vehicles and a big world is Death Stranding a GTA game? Holy hell your logic is terrible. The game literally plays nothing like a Souls game outside of having mostly action melee combat(which big shock, existed long before Demon's Souls came out).

"I think [Jedi: Fallen Order’s approach] will feel fresh; it’s not exactly like Metroidvania. We also looked at games like Bloodborne and Dark Souls that have the same types of methodology. We studied those games and they inspired us to find an experience that works well for our game.”

https://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-je...metroid-prime/

Direct quote from Stig Asmussen the game director himself. Get over yourself bro. You're wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Full price for 26 hours? Sounds like a deep sale for me.
    It might be my curmudgeonly old self talking but I'll happily pay full price for 26 hours of good, solid singleplayer entertainment over most of the gatcha-machine, hamster-wheel, grindy and repetetive junk the AAA industry spends most of its time shitting out these days.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

i got to say, and i'm surprised i'm saying it. i was impressed with what EA did with this game.

So I would expect Cal to die in a suppose sequel since there's only suppose to be Yoda and Ben left as jedi in Episode 4.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I just started chapter 4 and I had a question for those who play and are further or at this point; My chapter 2 says 2 quests done out of 3, and now i finished the 3rd chapter.. is it normal? Or is it just a visual bug of some sort? Cause its weird to be at 2/3 when the chapter is done... Asking here cause i couldnt find anything on the internet.

Just beat the game. Really doubt this will spoil anything since it's basically just me complaining or praising gameplay systems.

Some takeaways:

- The graphics at times can be stunning, and then at times can be atrociously awful and low-res. Kashyyyk was the best example of this, looking very good during the first trip to the planet, and much less so on the second.

- This game may have the worst designed boss fights of any game I've played. Ever. You can't go toe-to-toe with any boss in the game or you'll die in 2-3 hits. The game punishes you for spamming, but doesn't allow you to do the same to any of the bosses. The defense bar the bosses have is far too high, with perfectly timed parries usually only taking about 10% of the bar away, and the only boss fights I really enjoyed were the arena and the 9th sister. The worst fights in my experience were Malicos and Trilla, mainly because they simply spam X and there's really nothing you can do to punish them for doing it.

- The characters are hit or miss. Cere obviously has the bug eyes caused by bad motion cap equipment (her actress has eyes like that, but not nearly as extreme). For some people that will be a problem, but it wasn't for me. Greez is the most forgettable character in the group and does basically nothing. On that note, I believe he was supposed to be a gambler, but it's not really made clear, and his motivations for helping Cere are ambiguous. Merrin was the only one I think anybody cared about, and she's only with the group for the final 2 missions and barely gets to do anything for the group. Trilla was decent, and Cal was sort of just a boring plank.

- There were a good amount of bugs. I fell through the floor several times, and got completely stuck and had to reload the game once. Had several enemies teleport on top of me randomly or found myself teleported to them. A lot of the traversal mechanics failed to work as well. The worst bug came at the very end of the game, where the boss threw their saber and it got bugged out and disappeared, and they were able to fight me with an invisible weapon until I died. Basically no way to win if you don't have it there to indicate what attack is coming next.

- The controls feel very very clunky and unrefined. Maybe that's intentional, but there were at least a few occasions where the game simply didn't do what I told it to at all.

- The leisure time spent in this game is very very bad, maybe all-time bad. In between missions there is nothing at all to do on the ship.

- Customization is terrible as well. The ship isn't featured prominently enough for me to care what color it is, the ponchos look stupid, and all the outfits are slightly different colors of the same thing. The lightsaber customization is passable.

All of this may sound like I didn't like the game. That's wrong, I did. I just think the people raving about it are wearing rose-tinted glasses. The combat is not that good, the story is predictable, and most of the characters were forgettable. Very few times did I truly feel like I was having fun and much of the game was just pure frustration.

I think the worst thing by far was how linear the game was. It's basically one long hallway from start to finish. Idk if that will impact the game's replay value, but I know that having basically only 1 way to reach your destination is a terrible idea.
    Last edited by korijenkins; 2019-11-18 at 05:58 AM.

so i just made it to the tomb of miktrull, their is a part where you have to jump between 3 vine covered pillars, and can't seem to complete it using a mouse and keyboard. is a controller required for this?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's an ok game. The story and characters are the worst part about it really. Super bland and boring.

15 minutes of failing at a simple jumping puzzle iwth mouse and keyboard. succeed on first try with controller...

15+ Year Old Account
    It's about time to get decent single player SW games. Now if there's a new KOTOR, that would be something I would play too.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Gre...Purge.3B_1_BBY

Obi Wan himself said he and Luke weren’t alone and that they simply couldn’t rely on help from the others.
    That's under the legends tab. Not canon anymore.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Sounds like this game is a lot of people's first dark souls combat style system. Spamming is punished heavily. Animations lock you out of everything, so you have to know when you can and can't do things. You can't ever go toe-to-toe with bosses and expect to win, you have to get your 1-2 hits in and back off or die. I'm looking forward to it! Linear story line seems alright for this title as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    It's about time to get decent single player SW games. Now if there's a new KOTOR, that would be something I would play too.
    i keep hoping for a star wars kotor 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Sounds like this game is a lot of people's first dark souls combat style system. Spamming is punished heavily. Animations lock you out of everything, so you have to know when you can and can't do things. You can't ever go toe-to-toe with bosses and expect to win, you have to get your 1-2 hits in and back off or die. I'm looking forward to it! Linear story line seems alright for this title as well.
    the story is fairly linear but you can always backtrack to old planets to pick up cosmetic rewards you couldn't access before.

I have a gameplay related question, maybe it has been answered before. Is there a way to release the cables/ropes you're supposed to plug in, other than plugging them in?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I have a gameplay related question, maybe it has been answered before. Is there a way to release the cables/ropes you're supposed to plug in, other than plugging them in?
    yes. the z button if playing with mouse and keyboard.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.