Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Google stadia games performance...

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/18/...s-chrome-pixel

Destiny 2 runs at 1080p upscaled to 4k at medium PC settings.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...ia-tech-review

RDR2 runs at 1440p 30 fps(paying that sub fee for 60 fps? Too bad Charlie) and settings equivalent to Xbox One X/ PS4 Pro(at a lower res then it runs at on the X mind you).

So google expects you to pay money to get bad performing console versions with lower IQ and more input lag then the console versions? I thought one of the draws to stadia was that theoretically power wasn't an issue and you could get the high end PC experience without owning a high end PC. Why would anyone use this shitty service over PS Now or XCloud(when it go's live)?

It's DOA.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-11-18 at 09:42 PM.

https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1196488999524802562

This gif of the input response tho.

Seems mostly like what most folks thought - it can work well in some instances, but largely it's plagued by input delay/latency, image compression problems etc. that compromise the user experience.

I guess it's launch and they have a lot of kinks to iron out so maybe they can find some quick fixes with all the new data they'll have access to from users. But I still think we're a ways off of legit game streaming, especially if we're shooting for 4Kp60.

10+ Year Old Account
    What an absolute fucking clown fiesta, lol.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1196488999524802562

This gif of the input response tho.

Seems mostly like what most folks thought - it can work well in some instances, but largely it's plagued by input delay/latency, image compression problems etc. that compromise the user experience.

I guess it's launch and they have a lot of kinks to iron out so maybe they can find some quick fixes with all the new data they'll have access to from users. But I still think we're a ways off of legit game streaming, especially if we're shooting for 4Kp60.
    His earlier tweet probably showcased the best response time we'll get, and even then the lag is there. It looks great in terms of cloud gaming but I just don't see the appeal over simply using my own hardware.

Not sure why this is being compared to PS Now and XCloud, comparing apples to oranges. PS Now is trying to compete with the MS's gamepass, xcloud from what I've seen is simply gaming on the go. Stadia oversold itself for sure, but it's in competition to a home console more so than those console's sub services. Stadia's appeal is PC gaming without a gaming PC, which atm it doesn't look to be the case.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    whoa oh my god let me cancel my preorder right now i thought this would be revolutionary like glass and +

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Not sure why this is being compared to PS Now and XCloud, comparing apples to oranges.
    They are all cloud gaming solutions. Just because Stadia is shit doesn't make it an orange, it makes it a shitty apple. Cloud gaming by nature is shit, but at least PS Now is offering the value of loads of games with it. Similar to XCloud which will no doubt be bundled with gamepass in some way.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-11-19 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They are all cloud gaming solutions. Just because Stadia is shit doesn't make it an orange, it makes it a shitty apple. Cloud gaming by nature is shit, but at least PS Now is offering the value of loads of games with it. Similar to XCloud which will no doubt be bundled with gamepass in some way.
    They are different solutions that are cloud based. Would be like comparing Twitch to Netflix. Stadia isn't in competition to either of those services unless they add features that Stadia is trying to promote themselves. You mentioned yourself the appeal to stadia which neither PS Plus or XCloud offer (PS Plus to a minor extent). Stadia's flop will be due to it's own doing, not because it lost to other services.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Dang, was really hoping this new thing would be a success.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It will short term, but https://killedbygoogle.com/
    I bet a lot of the people that preordered dont know you still have to buy the games

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Current IT technology is not ready for cloud-streaming action games. But there are plenty of games that do not care about input lag.

Plus if they build a cloud-datacenter in each major city of the world, and upgrade the internet infrastructure in the city as well - input lag will disappear.

Both Microsoft and Sony are doing it, also Tencent.

It might look laggy and unappealing today, but this is the future of gaming. Radio/Music and TV/Movies are already there.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you just love massive corporate tech giants charging you as much as they can and giving you as little as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It might look laggy and unappealing today, but this is the future of gaming. Radio/Music and TV/Movies are already there.
    Not interested in more SaaS (Shit as a Service). The model is designed simply to make it easier to milk a constant stream (pun intended) of money from users. It's like leasing a car. No ty. I'd rather own all the goods myself.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Not interested in more SaaS (Shit as a Service). The model is designed simply to make it easier to milk a constant stream (pun intended) of money from users. It's like leasing a car. No ty. I'd rather own all the goods myself.
    Progress doesn't care.
    Everything is made with the sole purpose to milk a constant stream of money. It's the capitalism baby.
    Leasing a car is more cost-effective than owning a car, though. You are been milked by the car-dealers.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/18/...s-chrome-pixel

Destiny 2 runs at 1080p upscaled to 4k at medium PC settings.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...ia-tech-review

RDR2 runs at 1440p 30 fps(paying that sub fee for 60 fps? Too bad Charlie) and settings equivalent to Xbox One X/ PS4 Pro(at a lower res then it runs at on the X mind you).

So google expects you to pay money to get bad performing console versions with lower IQ and more input lag then the console versions? I thought one of the draws to stadia was that theoretically power wasn't an issue and you could get the high end PC experience without owning a high end PC. Why would anyone use this shitty service over PS Now or XCloud(when it go's live)?

It's DOA.
    I run D2 at ultra at 1440p 144fps with 110% downscaling, if any1 wants to play from rig lemme know

About latency, well, have fun going in the crucible with that
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone with a half a brain knew this from the get go.

Gaming through a stream isn't feasible with our current technology. Probably won't be in the future either - would require faster than light communication.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Indeed, current internet cant handle it. In some parts of the world where you can get cheap and fast internet connections you can play some games that dont require instant actions. This excludes fps games and such. I'd also imagine games like dark souls are going to be bad.
    I also happen to live in one such place where internet is good so I dont really get to see the bad places, but arent internet connections in, for example, US extremely bad? You need to pay a lot to get fast and uncapped connection. Many areas are even on really old tech and fast connections arent even possible outside of population centers?

Another terrible thing this would bring. Stadia costs money to even access. You need to pay full price for a game you dont really own. What happens when there are more of these "services"? Right now PC is quite exclusive free, but once there are few of these services they will all have their own access payment for many exclusive games. They can hike up the price too making gaming much more expensive hobby that has been relatively cheap one. There will be no piracy once games are on these services so that wont work if any of you planned this one as backup...

I can only see negatives for consumers. I'm still hoping technology simply wont allow this to ever become the main way to play games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. If they can solve the latency problems.
    The thing with radio, music, TV, and movies, is that you don't really care if you have 100-1000ms of lag, as long as the audio and video are still synced. But for an interactive media, that is unacceptable.

- - - Updated - - -

Progress doesn't care.
    Everything is made with the sole purpose to milk a constant stream of money. It's the capitalism baby.
    And they'll probably have some success, but if the experience isn't good, no one will buy it.

Leasing a car is more cost-effective than owning a car, though. You are been milked by the car-dealers.
    I hardly see how that is anywhere close to true. Leasing is nowhere near as cost effective. Same with this or streaming game services: it will be nowhere near as cost effective, especially considering you still have to buy the game.

It's DOA.
    For now.

This model suits companies a lot better turning you into a revenue stream. This crap is coming even if you do not want it and the PR will be out to tell everyone what to think about it, true or not.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    For now.
    That's not how google works.

Google is not going to put some grand effort into saving this, they will kill it off as they always do all of their failed projects.