Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is N'zoth really dead?

Is he gonna make a comeback and somehow play a role in the Shadowlands, or even perhaps after the upcoming expansion?

We literally have no idea until the raid cutscene. Characters THINK he is dead: that's all we know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Given that he was supposed to killed and/or contained by the Xal'atath blade, and it seems he wasn't, I'm going to go with "no." Unsure if he'll reappear in Shadowlands, but I don't think he's completely done for either.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows.

There was some mention at Blizzcon apparently of what happens to Old Gods after they die, so maybe we'll find out. Maybe they all go to the Maw.

Personally, I was always a fan of the 'They Do Not Die' line that all their minions say, and the idea that if an Old God 'dies' their power survives and it infests the world and gives rise to more monsters. Like what happened with Y'Shaarj and the Sha. Plus Yogg-Saron's influence is still bubbling around up in Ulduar. I think it'd be cool if N'Zoth is dead but his essence starts producing some new breed of monster.

He's probably gone for good since we channeled a huge energy beam from Azeroth directly to destroy him. We'll see him in the Maw getting bullied by the bigger meaner baddies or fighting with Yogg and C'thun there.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

He's definitely dead, from the Titans' point of view. Totally not a waste of the first and only completely free Old God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

We break into his body and kill his, what I assume is his brain, so yeah I think he dies when we fry his brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    He's definitely dead, from the Titans' point of view. Totally not a waste of the first and only completely free Old God.
    From the Titan's point of view, something could also happen where he gets dragged out of the Maw and into the mortal realm again.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Soratoyo View Post
    Is he gonna make a comeback and somehow play a role in the Shadowlands, or even perhaps after the upcoming expansion?
    According to NK, he's still alive but is recovering his wounds.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment? No he isn't.
    After the final raid? Maybe leaning towards yes. Though Blizzard has suggested we might be have another Demon situation where [_____] can only be killed in a specific place saturated with/their home realm of [______]. So following similar logic, if Ny'alotha isn't considered the home realm of the Old Gods/saturated in enough void to "anchor him for death" then we might be seeing him again later... as well as all the other ones who "died" after being "killed".
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

He take a full reorigination beam to the face hes done.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    At the moment? No he isn't.
    After the final raid? Maybe leaning towards yes. Though Blizzard has suggested we might be have another Demon situation where [_____] can only be killed in a specific place saturated with/their home realm of [______]. So following similar logic, if Ny'alotha isn't considered the home realm of the Old Gods/saturated in enough void to "anchor him for death" then we might be seeing him again later... as well as all the other ones who "died" after being "killed".
    Riiiiiight... so that thing that they say whenever they want to keep reusing their dead characters for reasons.

Honestly getting kinda sick of this. Old Gods were interesting when they were some shapeless unknown entity of madness and corruption that existed for no reason... Ever since they became minions of the Void Lords, I've just lost interest in them entirely. I'd rather them just stay dead at this point.

I thought we blow him up with a Kamehameha wave?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    He take a full reorigination beam to the face hes done.
    What this guy said.

He's dead, at least in physical form. What a waste of an Old God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Riiiiiight... so that thing that they say whenever they want to keep reusing their dead characters for reasons.

Honestly getting kinda sick of this. Old Gods were interesting when they were some shapeless unknown entity of madness and corruption that existed for no reason... Ever since they became minions of the Void Lords, I've just lost interest in them entirely. I'd rather them just stay dead at this point.
    Existing for some nebulous reason isn't really interesting, that might of worked in vanilla but not anymore they need a reason to do what they do.

He's dead, at least in physical form. What a waste of an Old God

So was C'thun but....thats never talked about.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Seeing as other Old Gods are supposed be actually killed by us, yeah, bye bye, according to Blizzard. But that quote can be and is still interpreted in various ways.
    Personally, I think it would be best if they just died. No, everyone really does not need to be brought back. It cheapens their death.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yeah there's no way he's surviving that especially since it's from the player's perspective. But I'm sure it's possible we'll see him in the afterlife somewhere within the Shadowlands.
    Last edited by LarryWithTheWeatherReport; 2019-11-19 at 01:45 AM.

[QUOTE=LarryWithTheWeatherReport;51885428]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

Yeah there's no way he's surviving that especially since that's from the player's perspective. But I'm sure it's possible we'll see him in the afterlife somewhere within the Shadowlands.
    Argh, if Old Golds have souls, I'll throw my gun in the dirt. I always thought they were dimensional beings void of sentience, instruments of destruction of the equally enigmatic Void Lords (who themselves don't have souls because they are astral beings of some sort that transcend the concept of life and death. They're like viruses, and viruses don't have souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Existing for some nebulous reason isn't really interesting, that might of worked in vanilla but not anymore they need a reason to do what they do.

So was C'thun but....thats never talked about.
    They don’t need a reason at all. They’re based off of H.P. Lovecraft’s stuff. There was never really a reason. You can’t reason with madness incarnate. You can’t comprehend that which is beyond this world.

They took an incomprehensible creature and gave it something to comprehend. A reason for existing. They never needed one.

You took an army of chaotic evil creatures that drove mortals to insanity merely by looking at them and turned them into minions of something that has reason. C’thulu doesn’t need a REASON. It just IS. That’s what the old gods were and should have always been.

Also C’thun wasn’t dead until we beat him. He was canonically pretending to be dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alleria says that the whispers got worse rather than better. One can assume that even if he is dead, something seriously did not work out in our favour regardless.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.