Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There are tons of Legion demons still about and kicking, but what made the Legion a force to be feared was their organization, most especially the will of Sargeras pushing them to a single overriding goal. Without Sargeras at the helm, and lacking the command structure we butchered our way through, the Legion is a deeply diminished threat to us. More likely they've devolved into a series of carping and infighting factions, more inclined to split up the spoils of the physical universe for themselves than to work to enact universal omnicide. There will always be demons, but the power of the Legion is broken.
    Kind of sad to think about. For most ardent WoW fans, the meat of the lore was from Warcraft III; Legion and Scourge. Warcraft 1 opened the door but 2 and 3 kicked it down with Legion and Scourge stories. In many ways, The Legion and Scourge no longer being the heart of Warcraft's conflicts is like Batman losing The Joker and new villains being created. Yeah, the story must go on, but in many ways, it'll never be as good as it once was.

Then again, Mists of Pandaria showed us new lore can be just as good if executed well.

Look at the Argus skybox.

I can't find a picture of it to save my life, but there's Legion ships being sent constantly straight to us. The portal was 2-way, so while we're on Argus, Azeroth was fighting for their lives as Sargeras literally had it in his clutches. Between that and all the invasion points, the Legion was busy elsewhere.

The argussian reach stayed alive mainly by staying off their radar and in the shadows, and they showed us how to do the same, using tunnels and the like to navigate under, rather than through, Legion forces.

With Antorus, we blew open a side entrance hidden away from their heavily guarded main one, and caught them right in the middle of what would have been game over: making a force of dark titans out of the weakened souls of the titans. We instead free them, and all of a sudden have the Pantheon on our side, weakened as they were, combined and using Argus's soul as a battery, they were enough to imprison Sargeras. Without any way to respawn to maintain the "infinite army" and left leaderless, they were toast.

In PvP terms, we capped their graveyard.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-11-19 at 06:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Legion has lost 3 times against Azeroth, so the power is there and we had the Illidari, the army of the Light and every class representative from Azeroth wielding the strongest weapon there is. We sent an elite strike force and we killed their leaders while their army was invading Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Look at the Argus skybox.
    I think this is the best shot I have in my Imgur history:

And perhaps a better shot of the same panorama:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Kind of sad to think about. For most ardent WoW fans, the meat of the lore was from Warcraft III; Legion and Scourge. Warcraft 1 opened the door but 2 and 3 kicked it down with Legion and Scourge stories. In many ways, The Legion and Scourge no longer being the heart of Warcraft's conflicts is like Batman losing The Joker and new villains being created. Yeah, the story must go on, but in many ways, it'll never be as good as it once was.

Then again, Mists of Pandaria showed us new lore can be just as good if executed well.
    Definitely the end of an era, I agree. For WoW specifically, though; I think the game is generally at its best telling micro-stories, in a sense - major arcs come and go, but I find the stuff that's the most compelling isn't the grand and sweeping dramas but more the bottle-stories, usually the ones confined to a given zone. That's kind of why I've always wanted an expansion more focused on exploration and discovery as opposed to world-shaking circumstances going down. MoP kind of started off that way as we explored Pandaria and encountered the Pandaren, the Mantid, the Hozen, the Jinyu, and the Mogu and dealt with their interconnected net of storylines.

While I appreciate big-name villains, as it were, I think the writers kind of get it wrong focusing on them so completely as they've done in BfA and even Legion, though I appreciated Legion because it had a lot of exploration-type material in addition to its strong focus on "big bad." BfA shined best when it wasn't focused on the main big bad of its story (namely whichever faction you weren't part of, followed by arrowing in on Sylvanas). Exploring Kul Tiras, Zandalar, Mechagon, and Nazjatar were its best parts - the War Effort campaign was, for me, kind of lackluster.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-11-19 at 06:58 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

And how it doesn't make any sense? BL was attacking through the portal in Tomb of Sargeras. It was best strategy to fight them in that choke point.
    Riight we didn't do that until 7.2 which means the decision still doesn't make any sense... also the ships attacking aren't just gonna vanish either, they would definitely come after them in not too long considering that they usually travel in space at decent speeds..
    Last edited by Heffladin; 2019-11-19 at 07:18 PM.

We did a covert strike attack and defeated the leadership before the Legion could actually Zerg rush Azeroth.

And remember, Sargeras IS the Legion, without him, demons will chaotically demonize.

The guy, who retired in 2016, and before that was in charge of Overwatch development? Ok.
    lmfao is this a joke!!?!?!? sweet jesus

You wouldn't have Warcraft without Metzen
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    We did a covert strike attack and defeated the leadership before the Legion could actually Zerg rush Azeroth.

And remember, Sargeras IS the Legion, without him, demons will chaotically demonize.
    What? They're an army. Just because their leader is off doing his own task doesn't mean they have no directive or chain of command.

7+ Year Old Account
    it just fel bad and forced yes, like a deus ex machina moment, we barely hold their invasion, but instead we open a fucking portal to their own homeworld and base, that alone would lead to our defeat, but instead we just streamdrolled then.

Its the same thing we did with the iron horde, its blizzard new team suck ad storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    Yeah, it's just bad storytelling. That happens when you rush things. Blizz wanted to get rid of the Legion no matter what.
    No its not bad storytelling, its as simple as its a game, if it would be logical, we shouldnt even have been able to clear MC.

With the sizes of raid bosses every raid boss should just crushed the tank in 1 hit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

yes, but he is not responsible for this crap, last thing i know he did work was suramar

Quote Originally Posted by Heffladin View Post
    What? They're an army. Just because their leader is off doing his own task doesn't mean they have no directive or chain of command.
    An army forged by fear of Sargeras. Same army that was originally jailed by Sargeras.

Demons are chaotic beings, the Legion is actually not the nature of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    Yeah, it's just bad storytelling. That happens when you rush things. Blizz wanted to get rid of the Legion no matter what.
    Then all story telling is bad. I cannot think of one piece of fiction where the protagonists where more powerful than the bad guys.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heffladin View Post
    Riight we didn't do that until 7.2 which means the decision still doesn't make any sense... also the ships attacking aren't just gonna vanish either, they would definitely come after them in not too long considering that they usually travel in space at decent speeds..
    Wrong. Did you forgot about pre-Legion Broken Shore attack, during which Varian died?

Not sure what are you getting at. That he didn't retire?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Christie Golden wanted a female protagonist, Legion had none, hence they killed them off quickly for Sylvanas.

Emo Illidan and now we are getting emo sylvanas, enjoy bad writing.

Not sure what are you getting at. That he didn't retire?
    From his own brain, the last thing he had a hand in was the Battle for Azeroth Cinematic, so the retirement thing although besides the point here, doesn't line up with him not having any presence post 2016.

Moreso I was taken aback by your wording of "was in charge of Overwatch development before that? Ok" because this is incredibly short sighted. What, as if all he ever did was work on Overwatch? Don't even try to tip toe around that crap, you know what you said and how you meant it and we all do.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    So you're telling me that a single spaceship, much smaller than the exodar, capable of housing at most a couple thousand soldiers just went onto the Legion home planet filled with milions of blood thirsty demons and we just kicked their asses?
    The Legion went all in on the invasion of Azeroth. We defeated them and their top fighters. Guerilla Warfare can be a powerful thing as is under estimating forces. The Legion likely ignored the Kro'kul because what harm can a weak group do? They didn't even do much. It wasn't until we came that they all became a threat rather then an annoyance.

The strike force did enough damage at the right spots to get into the heart of the Legion and defeat them. It really isn't that hard to understand. I am going to guess though that you are purposefully changing "I don't understand" with "I don't like it".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    So you're telling me that a single spaceship, much smaller than the exodar, capable of housing at most a couple thousand soldiers just went onto the Legion home planet filled with milions of blood thirsty demons and we just kicked their asses?

- An army that numbers in the millions;
    - It is comprised of immortal creatures who can only die in a very specific dimension of the Cosmos;
    - Controls the most advanced technology in the Cosmos and can use the souls of their fallen enemies to vastly empower their war machines;
    - Is led by a myriad of powerful individuals - Sargeras, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, Gul'dan, Mannoroth, Kazzak, Mephistroth, Tichondrius, Talgath etc...
    - Transends realities;
    - Controls at the very least 10.000 planets scattered across the Cosmos;
    - Can assimiliate ANY mortal race, as any mortal can be turned into a Demon if they are infused with a large amount of Fel.

How was the argussian reach even alive? Isn't it like 25,000 years since Velen fled Argus? How in the world are they still a thing? Is the legion really that incompotent or is it just bad story telling? Hell I even heard the army of the light was on their last legs.

How?
    They did not need to beat their entire army, all they needed was to cut the source of the demons reanimation and lock sargeras up.

The fact we killed some of the higher ups really messed up their plans too.

We basically won because we struck quickly and precisely.

The argussian reach were simply hiding.

Not going to question that it is a little bit off, but nothing major.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

7+ Year Old Account
    From his own brain, the last thing he had a hand in was the Battle for Azeroth Cinematic, so the retirement thing although besides the point here, doesn't line up with him not having any presence post 2016.

Moreso I was taken aback by your wording of "was in charge of Overwatch development before that? Ok" because this is incredibly short sighted. What, as if all he ever did was work on Overwatch? Don't even try to tip toe around that crap, you know what you said and how you meant it and we all do.
    You seem to be terribly angry for no reason.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.