Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    You mad bro? Seem kinda mad there, sitting up on that hill talking down to people.. You probably don’t even know what side of the fence this guy was on. Or if he even took part in the discussion concerning Classic. You’re just thrashing about at anyone who mentions improvements for classic, with your pride in shambles upon the realization your precious retail wasn’t good enough for everyone. You’re on the internet. The shit your spewing isn’t as important as you like to think it is. Nobody needs your sympathy here.

And by the way, Vanilla IS going to save Warcraft. You just won’t be capable of understanding how. Carry on, ignorant soul... carry on.
    Not mad at all... I'm sitting out here laughing at all you retail haters that cant grasp that the money you are throwing at Blizzard is going to the very thing you hate... retail and its future development... Your vaunted vanilla/classic is going to remain as it is... a museum...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

go play retail you goddamn baby

they made a version of wow for people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNicestFellow View Post

Time consuming =/= hard. Literally nothing in Vanilla WoW is hard. Only time consuming. All you need to be "successful" in vanilla WoW is time.
    Yup. Thats vanilla for you. Want to accomplish anything? Throw your life away. Just wait for bg honor ranks. Vanilla was one massive grind fest.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Yup. Thats vanilla for you. Want to accomplish anything? Throw your life away. Just wait for bg honor ranks. Vanilla was one massive grind fest.
    meh, takes us one and a half hour each week to clear ony + mc.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Classic+ won't happen. Classic TBC servers will, most likely. TBC brought to the game what people bitching about Classic+ want, and it did it well. There would be zero reason to introduce a vanilla based release with the changes that TBC brought to make the game better, without the content.
    Taking the game on its own alternate timeline would be awesome and that is what Classic+ is, stop acting like you know hat everyone wants lmao.

Also Shaman can tank in the classic setting and that was demolished in TBC for the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I agree. The whiners wouldnt even be happy if blizzard listened to them and made the changes they want. Theyd find something new to bitch abt lol
    Precisely, and why the no changes people are right. The moment they start adding things like dual spec everyone will see it and start whining for their own fave change.

Quote Originally Posted by RWQ View Post
    Exactly. And shit like this is exactly why that guy said "you think you want it but you don't." Because a bunch of people liked some aspect of classic, remember it through nostalgia, and forgot about all the tedious and annoying shit that came with it.
    Yep, you're 100% right.

I played a warrior. There was 5-6 different specs you had to juggle if you wanted to Raid tank, raid dps, dungeon tank, dungeon dps, or PvP.

I hate farming gold, but did back in the day because you had to.

"I don't want to play Spec A! (which is a 1-3 button rotation) I want to play Spec C (which is a 1-3 button rotation)".
    FTFY

additional characateraasdfsdf

10+ Year Old Account
    Respeccing to try different off-meta specs is one of the most fun parts of classic WoW since you have so much spec flexibility. Being forced to pick one spec and stick with it 100% of the time just makes the game even more monotonous than it already is. It's like the vanilla WoW devs focused on making the game as boring, punishing, and monotonous as possible.

Honestly, leveling, dungeons, raiding, and grinding in general is all terrible. "Gaming" the auction house and trying new specs is the most fun part of the game. "Fair" PvP is also fun.
    It's like the game was made to resemble the game of old as much as possible!?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No changes
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    To be fair, I signed the original petition and I included a blurb SPECIFICALLY about wanting them to fix all the issues with classic, such as spec imbalance, etc.

What I always wanted was classic remastered or classic plus. So I'd say you should probably stop assuming everyone was a strict #nochanges shill. There is plenty of evidence that a metric ton of us didn't want a pure recreation and just settled for it because it was still better than retail.
    But you knew you were getting no changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    You know not everyone who wanted classic wanted it with no changes. I'd venture to guess that the ones who really wanted no changes would probably be in the minority of everyone actually playing classic. I think most people just didn't want glaring changes like total class overhauls for balancing, gearing re-itemized, raids re-tuned, etc.
    Then they did not want Classic. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You can tank and dps. No cost. You're a warrior. You should learn your class so it will make your experience better.
    I know my class just fine and have tanked as dps. The experience is easier when you're actually in the proper spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, how about you find a spec and stick with it for a few weeks before changing? It's not our fault or blizzards that you decided to change specs too frequently. Everyone knew that switching specs could be costly if you do it too often, so most of us found a spec and leveled to 60 without changing it. We then optimized our talents at level 60 for efficient builds and kept it that way until we're geared enough. If there's some funky build you want to try, then try it. If you know you'll have to switch specs because the off meta build you wanted to use isn't viable in content you're trying to pursue, then maybe you should have thought of that in advance.

Honestly, this just comes off as a kid crying about melted ice cream because they didn't want to eat their ice cream right away, so they put it on the night stand and forgot about it. Lucky for you, if you don't switch specs constantly, the price will go down each week. I've probably switched specs no more than 4 times so far and I've never paid more than 5g.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

It was definitely one of the most frustrating things about classic. I can see where if you came off of current retail you would find it infurating, as changing specs for the task at hand is something I do very often in the current game. That was very uncommon in classic wow though. I played a healer and went full total commitment to the healing talents. I had a set of "dps" gear that I swapped to do solo content, but if I could get a few DPS friends to help me with something we would go like 3-4 times faster. If I'd had the ability to swap to a DPS spec back in classic when I wanted to, it would have been a life changer.

I'm torn about some of these things ever getting changed. I agree that they are unfair and probably for no good reason. But I also think that seeing these complaints pop up on the forums makes me feel that was also part of the experience of playing classic, and that stuff like that needs to stay in. I couldn't really say exactly, but it might be that super frustrating elements in the game added to satisfaction in other areas. The difficulty of changing your spec might have made the experience more meaningful.... I'd say that changing it would definitely be qualified in the "slippery slope" category...
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    But you knew you were getting no changes.
    Not when I signed the petition, no. But when they came out saying "no changes" yeah I knew then. Didn't like it, but also I'm not asking them to change things now. Just saying that a lot of people wanted changes and disagreed with their decision is all, so I'd appreciate not getting lumped in with the nocahnges crowd at every turn on this forum.

"You knew what you were asking for!" No, I specifically asked for shit to not be this way.
    "You knew what you were getting!" Yes, but still wish it wouldn't have been this way.

That ship has sailed. I don't expect them to fix anything, which is why I've moved on and don't play classic (or wow in any form) any longer. I was hoping somehow the pservers were wrong and it was just naivety that kept ret weak back in actual vanilla, but it turns out that, nope, it was actually just straight garbage and needs a fix to work in raid environments.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Not when I signed the petition, no. But when they came out saying "no changes" yeah I knew then. Didn't like it, but also I'm not asking them to change things now. Just saying that a lot of people wanted changes and disagreed with their decision is all, so I'd appreciate not getting lumped in with the nocahnges crowd at every turn on this forum.
    You should have known though. The very name gives it away... Classic. They're not going to remake World of Warcraft. They did fox Classic... with BC, Wrath, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Money is king in classic that's why people are leveling alt hunters and mages for the sole purpose of farming money.

Noone wanted Vanilla. It is and always was trash. BC and Wrath were the best expansions.
    You don't speak for anyone except you.

I wanted Vanilla. I received Vanilla. I am happy with Vanilla.

Did you just admit you think Vanilla is trash yet you still play it? ...and we're supposed to appreciate your opinion after that?

Orly? Is that why BG's are being released in 3 weeks due to people (rightfully) complaining about the (terrible) world PvP?

No changes subhumans: PLZ REMOVE FUN.

Noone wanted Vanilla. It is and always was trash. BC and Wrath were the best expansions.
    My Response to you is stop playing Classic Til Classic BC and/or Wrath or deal with how things are since they are not going to change.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

I was also upset by the respec cost until I realised there are so many incredibly easy ways to make 100g to cover the cost that it became a non-issue.