Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    Hmmm

I was never sure if I wanted to spend 5 million on this thing, but it was nice to have the option if I one day really end up having that much gold, and no reason to spend it on tokens instead. I think if I have that much gold lying around, I'd still rather spend it on Hearthstone packs.

Then again, I think everybody who can just buy this thing without a thought probably already has it, and if not, you have 1 year to get enough gold together to buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't think people will buy tokens with real money to get enough gold to buy this thing. It's an AH mount. If you need to buy tokens with real money, you don't need an auction house mount.
    um I will. why? because it's a fucking brutosaur mount! lol

am now hoping for a Dec 9 release of Shadowlands haha

Honestly I rarely criticise Blizzard but this is legitimately just a massive crash grab.

Don't care. Would never spend 5M on it, even having the gold for it. It's just too expensive.

Rewarding a Feat of Strength doesn't add value to me, but good bonus for those who did purchase it, i guess.

Now... if people get crazy about a FoS and start getting tokens to buy it for that specific reason? Well, a fool is easily parted from his money.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2019-11-22 at 01:18 AM.

I used to feel bad when blizzard's snake were getting laid off but now I think they deserved it.

Really hope WOW is in a state where either they keep pulling this kind of pr stunt every 6 months or get another 800 snakes laid off

Keep doing this Buzzard, see how many whale you have left in budget Shadowbringer-land.

7+ Year Old Account
    I buying 27 tokens for this mount right now. No jokes

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Don't you know? Blizzard is a small indy dev team who just wants to make passionate games for the love of the players!
    They have never once created a false sense of scarcity to push a feeling of urgency and sell things.
    And they never would.
    Corporations are my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Because like with the Yak, plenty of people were planning on saving up gold for maybe next expansion to get it for 5M, perhaps? Considering there really was no reason for them to expect that it would be removed from the vendor.
    You have 9 months to go, at least. And I doubt Shadowlands will make gold-making easier if the Legion-BFA transition is any indication. Blizzard is obviously trying hard to deflate the economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://wowtoken.info/

This doesn't indicate a 25% price drop.

- - - Updated - - -

But those people would pay the price anyways. Whales will be whales.
    Who says people are gonna drop $500 outright? People may drop $100. Or $50. Slowly over time until they have enough gold for the mount. The absurdity of your argument is disproven every time they announce a store mount or a new tier or patch comes out.

It's been going down steadily since they announced this and I fully expect it to further decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Those bastards are getting greedier by the second.
    How is stopping selling a mount ... 'getting greedier' ?

How does it make you get more tokens ?

None of what you said makes any sense.

Taking out a massive gold sink from the game - LEAVES WAY MORE GOLD in the economy, REDUCING the demand for wow tokens as people can use GOLD to pay for their subs.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand the cynical outlook, but really, if they remove ANYTHING that cots gold from the game you could use this excuse.

Thinking they did it to get people to buy tokens is tinfoily at best.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You have 9 months to go, at least. And I doubt Shadowlands will make gold-making easier if the Legion-BFA transition is any indication. Blizzard is obviously trying hard to deflate the economy.
    I'm just saying. There's plenty of people who didn't get the Yak in MoP, but saved up to get it later. There is really no pro to this change, so people aren't likely to just swallow it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Whales would have spent the money already. This change is not targeted at whales.
    Exactly right, this is to force the people that have been saving for months to get the mount and didn't want to buy tokens, to actually buy tokens to get it and jack up the quarterly report for Acti/Blizztard.

This also creates a sense of urgency with all in game mounts that can be bought with in game gold.

This is also a mount that they don't want to end up looking easily affordable with in game farming like the transmog yak is now so they will probably release it later occasionally for a limited time at a higher price. The finance dbags have definitely taken over completely at Blizz.

I'm just saying. There's plenty of people who didn't get the Yak in MoP, but saved up to get it later. There is really no pro to this change, so people aren't likely to just swallow it.
    Depending on starting BMAH price it might just be cheaper in a few years in fact. The whales will already have bought it.

Yeah, it obviously is because, once it is added to tbe BMAH, it will probably be going for more and they know people are aware of this. It will also be a lot harder to get by, giving it a price spike dimension due to the rarity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Depending on starting BMAH price it might just be cheaper in a few years in fact. The whales will already have bought it.
    That's true, though I believe that there will always be a lot of people constantly looking for it at a good price, making the price spike regardless of how many already have it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    I think it's much more likely that the reason they are removing it is because in hindsight, they don't like the idea of everyone having their own auction house with them at all times.
    I dont know what you mean by everyone. My highpop server ive seen maybe like 4 or 5. We only have one in my guild and her kids mainly farmed it for her

They have never once created a false sense of scarcity to push a feeling of urgency and sell things.
    And they never would.
    Corporations are my friend.
    If it's so easy to see through this, then it won't affect you, because clearly you will be smart enough not to fall for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I dont know what you mean by everyone. My highpop server ive seen maybe like 4 or 5. We only have one in my guild and her kids mainly farmed it for her
    I'm talking about more and more people getting it in the future because of inflation, like it happened with the yak mount. They can't take the mount away from people who already have it, so the best thing they can do is to limit the access to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, time for the yearly "let's change something about an in-game mount because we need to make it seem like we're doing something" Blizzard mentality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It's everybody's problem. People who wanted to slowly grind their way to 5m gold like myself can't get the mount now because it's going to be gone so that blizzard can catch a few last minute whales.
    You have about a year to get it. If you haven't made close to 5 million by now then you weren't really trying to slowly grind your way to it. You have also proven nothing that it is to target last minute whales. A whale would have already spent the money to get it if they were interested in the mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Who says people are gonna drop $500 outright? People may drop $100. Or $50. Slowly over time until they have enough gold for the mount. The absurdity of your argument is disproven every time they announce a store mount or a new tier or patch comes out. It's been going down steadily since they announced this and I fully expect it to further decrease.
    At the time of my post it was actually gaining gold in NA. Yes people might drop tokens over a period of time. But they would have already been doing that anyways if their goal was to get the mount anyways. My argument is not disproven because whales will be whales. A limited time thing will not sway a whale or be targeted for them. If anything it is targeted towards non-whales to convince them they need to spend $20-$500 on a mount they don't really need.

The token price has only gone down 2,000 gold since the release. In the EU it is about the same price now as it was before the announcement. But sure. Your ignorance has disproved things I've said. You can prove anything if you ignore all the facts apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    This is also a mount that they don't want to end up looking easily affordable with in game farming like the transmog yak is now so they will probably release it later occasionally for a limited time at a higher price. The finance dbags have definitely taken over completely at Blizz.
    The entire reason why they added the mount for 5 million was because it was easily affordable for those that farmed gold in Warlords and Legion. It was not designed for people to farm up all the gold in BfA. The fianance people have not taken over anymore then they already existed the past 15 years. Blizzard wants to make money and always has plain and simple.

One of the main reasons why they stopped the TCG loot was because they weren't getting a cut. Same thing with D3 and the RMAH. They wanted to provide a safer place for players and get their cut. Nothing has changed except the scapegoats you and others use for the stupid hate.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You basically give the reason why Blizzard is doing this in your own comment.

Tons of people weren't able to afford the yak in MoP but were then able to afford it later.

The same will be the case with the AH mount. Which means having your own AH mount will be the standard for most people. Making it harder to obtain is a way of counteracting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Yeah, it obviously is because, once it is added to tbe BMAH, it will probably be going for more and they know people are aware of this. It will also be a lot harder to get by, giving it a price spike dimension due to the rarity.

- - - Updated - - -

That's true, though I believe that there will always be a lot of people constantly looking for it at a good price, making the price spike regardless of how many already have it.
    Very possible, but personally I doubt it will hit goldcap every time. Especially if Shadowlands adds its own 5+M mount which I'm pretty sure it will.