Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Tesla unveils the Cybertruck

https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7atGkba-Z8

Range up to 500 miles. 0-60 in 2.9s. 1/4 mile in 10.8s. 3500lbs payload, 14,000lbs towing.

The windows apparently need a bit more work.

So, people who have been waiting for the electric pickup, thoughts?
    Last edited by Masark; 2019-11-22 at 06:12 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

They should put the veil back on. That design is an embarrassment, and if any other mfr displayed this, they'd be laughed into oblivion.

As much as I love Cyberpunk, dear God that looks tacky...

For a Tesla, most shocking thing is its price tag -- $40k? That's relatively cheap!
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-11-22 at 06:52 AM.

Not really a fan of the design. Doesn't help that I've never been a fan of SUVs pretending to be pickup trucks with tiny beds, though.
    But it's only a matter of time before electrics offer everything that a gas-powered vehicle could.

April 1st came fast this year.. wait it's still 2019?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    They should put the veil back on. That design is an embarrassment, and if any other mfr displayed this, they'd be laughed into oblivion.
    Electrocars are emarrassment to begin with

Ok jokes aside, this thing shows that musk has no idea why cars are built the way they are. Making sharp edges into your design so that every pedestrian that gets hit by your car gets sheared in half instead of breaking a few bones, glass that doesn't shatter so you can't have easy access in case of an accident, the reason the metal deforms to absorb the impact of crashes .. oh my this hurts. Not just because it's fucking ugly.

Edit: Seriously, I want to see the crash test studies of this death trap.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-11-22 at 07:32 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Electrocars are emarrassment to begin with
    And you say this because: _______________

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    And you say this because: _______________
    Ok joker funlord

10+ Year Old Account
    Really hope they're gonna reconsider that design.

It looks like a computer graphics test from the 1980s.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Ok joker funlord
    I have no idea what this means.

5+ Year Old Account
    Looks radical, dude!

The most environmentally friendly thing Tesla can do is turn Elon Musk into compost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    The most environmentally friendly thing Tesla can do is turn Elon Musk into compost.
    Don't be daft, that'd just contaminate the plants.

Ok joker funlord
    Does that phrase not translate or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I have no idea what this means.
    Mining, refining and processing materials essential for batteries takes a toll on environment heavier than a regular car does in its lifetime. Charging those takes same amount of fossil fuels burned on power plant and on top of that some extra comversion/transportation expenses. Batteried tesla cars are nothing but a rolling hypocrisy of outsourcing city smog to somewhere else. Whoever wants to be environment-friendly with his car should stick to hydrogen fueled cars or bicyles

Mining, refining and processing materials essential for batteries takes a toll on environment heavier than a regular car does in its lifetime. Charging those takes same amount of fossil fuels burned on power plant and on top of that some extra comversion/transportation expenses. Batteried tesla cars are nothing but a rolling hypocrisy of outsourcing city smog to somewhere else. Whoever wants to be environment-friendly with his car should stick to hydrogen fueled cars or bicyles
    Ah. I would say I'm surprised to see you quoting PragerU. But that would be a lie. And speaking of lies, that's pretty much all they peddle...and this topic is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/0/05/TheHomer.png/revision/latest?cb=20090908145331
    Personally it reminded me more of a Canyonero.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like shit

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that at least 50% or energy generation is through nuclear and hydro electric power stations, right?