Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I say they don't work lore wise because all the night elves are losing their faith in Elune. Even Tyrande, the high priestess, is pissed with her. Not exactly paladin material.
    that's actually why it could work, building on the pally campaign in legion even. As Nelfs lose faith in Elune some turn towards the light becoming pallies
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I say they don't work lore wise because all the night elves are losing their faith in Elune. Even Tyrande, the high priestess, is pissed with her. Not exactly paladin material.
    You do know that the Night Warrior is a reflection of their faith in Elune right? That it's Tyrande giving herself to the dark aspect of Elune and taking on the spirit of vengeance.

Elune is a goddess of duality that is every changing. This is pretty common with most myths about moon creatures, they wax and wane and even in the times when the light they have is shrouded they remain.

While you can certainly say that many have lost faith where we see the loss of faith is in the resurrected Night Elves. Which is less a referendum on Elune and more a display of the despair that comes with being an undead. We see it in the Forsaken all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I might actually play a paladin if I could make a Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    what do Kul'tirans have to do with Undead? Kul'tirans are alive.
    Do Drustvar, it's a little contradictory about the "opposite cosmic forces" stuff and seems to establish that life and death are basically the same thing, it's one cycle in and of itself.

Ardenweald in Shadowlands is specifically where the Drust (who the Kul Tirans learned druidism from) got their druidic abilities from, which again seems to establish that life, death (and rebirth) are just one thing. I'm looking forward to that being explored in Shadowlands as so far, it appears like the Blighted Lands/Thros where Gorak Tul was lurking is actually in Ardenweald, so you can go there ahead of the expac if you're up for some Alliance questing.

I mean, colour me surprised we're retconning yet another thing out of the chronicles, but there you go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Wasn't there a night elf priestess who literally decided to roll a paladin?
    There's been several. In the Well of Eternity instance, there are multiple male and female nelf paladins, and one of the followers for the paladin class hall is a night elf paladin.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2019-11-23 at 08:30 PM.

i dont give a fuck about lore i think limitations in general are retarded. every class and race combination should be possible.

Undead are unnatural and have no way to attune to nature or the emerald dream.

Priests channel the Light, and suffer great pains to do so. But Paladins are vessels of the Light, full of Light, even when they aren't actively using it. A classic paladin as we know it, would constantly be experiencing being on fire, and the pain of being a damaged dead body. That's enough to certainly drive you mad. Unless you go Lightforged Undead, I suppose, so that you aren't animated by unholy energies.

I can see undead Paladins work if they are like clerics, only channeling the Light when they need it.
    Or alternatively, if they draw their power from a holy relic that serves as their vessel of the Light, rather than their own body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night elf paladins wouldn’t really work lorewise.
    Yeah they would. Just as Rezan's light was thing, the light of Elune been empowering the night elves for thousands of year. The idealogy for the paladins across all races are the same except for figurehead(s) that represent the light, that being the figurehead may be different but the light is still the same. As for forsaken druids....that is not happening, forsaken don't give a fuck about nature, if anything the powers that govern nature probably see them as obstruction to the nature order of life....souls unnaturally tethered to something broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    i dont give a fuck about lore i think limitations in general are retarded. every class and race combination should be possible.
    ^But then again blizz did just retcon their whole lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Yeah, shes is a lightbound Undead. Literally the ONLY ONE.
    there was a case of a paladin so zealous that even after being reborn as undead he was able to wield the light. It's not something completely out of scope, but it's definitely not something that PC should be
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    there was a case of a paladin so zealous that even after being reborn as undead he was able to wield the light. It's not something completely out of scope, but it's definitely not something that PC should be
    That was the 2nd paragraph of my reply.

Sir Zellik from the four horsemen in Naxx, again literally the ONLY ONE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night elf paladins wouldn’t really work lorewise.
    Blame blizz giving us one as a follower and having elune worship be close enough to permit it

- - - Updated - - -

Ok that explanation makes some more sense

- - - Updated - - -

You do know that the Night Warrior is a reflection of their faith in Elune right? That it's Tyrande giving herself to the dark aspect of Elune and taking on the spirit of vengeance.

Elune is a goddess of duality that is every changing. This is pretty common with most myths about moon creatures, they wax and wane and even in the times when the light they have is shrouded they remain.

While you can certainly say that many have lost faith where we see the loss of faith is in the resurrected Night Elves. Which is less a referendum on Elune and more a display of the despair that comes with being an undead. We see it in the Forsaken all the time.
    Which would work great as a rest or dark paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    I personally think every race should be able to be every class where it's physically possible.
    So, are you saying Gnomes shouldnt be warriors?

Forsaken paladins have been in the game for years. Calia Menethil is a Lightbound undead.

If Kul’tirans can be druids, so can Forsaken. Death is a a part of the life cycle.

It’s time to let Forsaken have access to these two classes.
    Death is part of the cycle. Undeath is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Calia's a Priest.

I'm sure they'll consider adding new race/class combos whenever they feel is strategically-wise to market.

Not sure on Undead Druids though, this is the first I've read about it. Life and death are opposing cosmic forces... I mean, gameplay-wise you can do anything, but what do Kul'tirans have to do with Undead? Kul'tirans are alive.
    The Kul'Tirans druid forms are based on Drust magic which is confirmed as 'death magic' and they will appear in the shadowlands. In addition Ardenweald, a realm of death, is the place where druidic beings such as Cenarius go and then come back from...so it seems druidic powers do, at least in part, stem from death magic.

Undead druid sounds interesting, think i'd like to play a zombie cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Blame blizz giving us one as a follower and having elune worship be close enough to permit it

- - - Updated - - -

Ok that explanation makes some more sense

- - - Updated - - -

Which would work great as a rest or dark paladin
    I'm going to reply to all three of your replies.

1) There's actually two night elf followers, although only one actually takes the step to becoming a paladin.

2) Again, the only Night Elves that have really lost their faith in Elune are the undead ones.

3) I don't know what you mean as "a rest" but currently the "dark paladin" class is the Death Knight. Although I wouldn't mind seeing a Tyrant class added modeled after the eredar tyrants in Hellfire Citadel. So sort of a mix between death knight and paladin with debuffing auras instead of buffing ones.

Forsaken paladins have been in the game for years. Calia Menethil is a Lightbound undead.

If Kul’tirans can be druids, so can Forsaken. Death is a a part of the life cycle.

It’s time to let Forsaken have access to these two classes.
    Given the whole Life/Death and Light/Shadow themes of Shadowlands, it wouldn't at all surprise me to have Forsaken unlocks as something available later in the expansion after some lore and story has been revealed.

15+ Year Old Account
    As for the Forsaken Paladins - there has literally only ever been ONE in the game. Sir Zellek, whose faith in the light was such that even once resurrected as a death knight the light did not forsake him.
    Except if you go to Icecrown you'll see undead paladin mobs out there. Undead paladins make sense when it comes to lore since Foresaken are risen Lorderon humans which includes people who were in life a paladin. As much as I'd love to see undead druids, I don't see how they could be argued for in terms of lore. This all would change if one of the Allied Races become the undead Night Elves like Sira.

10+ Year Old Account
    undead monks seem too out of place as is, so i'm not so sure about undead druids.
    paladins, sure. there have been undead light wielders since vanilla, so why not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panta View Post
    So, are you saying Gnomes shouldnt be warriors?
    I'll sure as hell say it! Warriors are supposed to be strong fighters not slightly taller than knee level comic reliefs.

Every class should be playable by every race. They should also make druid forms for every race.