Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    FF14 forums are that way ======>

This is a forum about WoW, and no, other companies doing... um, questionable things doesn't mean that Blizzard is right by doing the same.
    Well its a point of comparison....every other sub to play game has a cash shop...wow is miniscule compared to the others and isnt really that predatory despite what people believe

I used ff14 as an example because....well its the biggest next to wow

to make money

You're about a decade late with this complaint my guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know what, I'm a whale. I have a 6 figure salary, no kids (and never will by choice), and a lot of free time - So why not?

I enjoy a good cosmetic store, and paid for exclusives across a number of games/MMO's. And I enjoy a good gatcha game on phone (but it has to be REALLY good).

I draw a line at pay to win though. I will not play any game like that.

Personally I think wow is falling behind the curve by not having a more in-depth cosmetic store, and definitely it should have player/guild housing by now... Especially with the game really pushing communities in game at the moment.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    You know what, I'm a whale. I have a 6 figure salary, no kids (and never will by choice), and a lot of free time - So why not?

I enjoy a good cosmetic store, and paid for exclusives across a number of games/MMO's. And I enjoy a good gatcha game on phone (but it has to be REALLY good).

Personally I think wow is falling behind the curve by not having a more in-depth cosmetic store, and definitely it should have player/guild housing by now... Especially with the game really pushing communities in game at the moment.
    The last thing WoW needs is more cosmetic cash shop bullshit. And it sure as hell doesn't need gatcha trash.

That is, unless WoW goes F2P. At which point I say screw it...open the floodgates and show the entire world just how bad WoW can get.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The last thing WoW needs is more cosmetic cash shop bullshit. And it sure as hell doesn't need gatcha trash.

That is, unless WoW goes F2P. At which point I say screw it...open the floodgates and show the entire world just how bad WoW can get.
    WoW definitely does not need Gatcha in ANY form.

I disagree with your opinion on cash shop though.

The answer you dont want to hear is: customers want this.

I disagree with your opinion on cash shop though.
    As would anyone who has enough expendable cash to want to be able to leverage it in-game. "It's just cosmetic" is not a good argument, as has been explained. Every item in the cash shop is something that could be used as a reward in-game to promote more activity. Especially in a game like wow where one of the largest complaints is "There's nothing to do".

15+ Year Old Account
    As would anyone who has enough expendable cash to want to be able to leverage it in-game. "It's just cosmetic" is not a good argument, as has been explained. Every item in the cash shop is something that could be used as a reward in-game to promote more activity. Especially in a game like wow where one of the largest complaints is "There's nothing to do".
    *shrug* sounds like a you problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    how does that actually hurt the game though? people who don't want to level don't have to and lose out on all the stuff you get while leveling like golds world drops ect.
    People buying boosts dont know how to play half the time.. it hurts everyones experience who plays with that player.

- - - Updated - - -

*shrug* sounds like a you problem.
    Sounds like a retail problem. Wow's decline started with the Activision merger and since then and only since then have store items existed. Everyone knows its scummy.. youre just in denial.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Sounds like a retail problem. Wow's decline started with the Activision merger and since then and only since then have store items existed. Everyone knows its scummy.. youre just in denial.
    Well clearly not everyone, I'm part of this mythical everyone, and I don't.

But go ahead, continue speaking for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Because the whales are paying.
    It's the year of 2005, WoW is not released yet and things like Diablo2-100EUR-per-ITEM-on-Ebay existed. People bought trash items from ebay for diablo2 SOFTCORE and everything went for at least doubledigits.

That what happens when the community is mostly made up of working adults.

Blizzard kept WoW pretty clean with the mog-stuff-only for cash rules. Diablo2 with its real black market or Diablo3 with the ingame RM-AH showcased pretty much how fast things can get really bad.
    -

Every item in the cash shop is something that could be used as a reward in-game to promote more activity.
    simply put, NO
    the item in cash shop were literaly MADE for the cas shop, to make money, if there wasnt cash shop those items wouldnt be ingame (where already is crapload of collectibles anyway), they would simply not exist at all...

Because money you dummy. Like, what else.

Wow's decline started with the Activision merger and since then and only since then have store items existed.
    sooo... burning crusade? before wow actualy had its peak? bcs thats when the merger happened you know... also wotlk had the first shop mount...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    sooo... burning crusade? before wow actualy had its peak? bcs thats when the merger happened you know... also wotlk had the first shop mount...
    Right, a couple months before Wrath where it peaked and started to drop, coinciding with stuff like store items. Do you not remember how despised that horse was? People were denied groups if they had it... it was a big thing... people then, saw it as the beginning of the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Well clearly not everyone, I'm part of this mythical everyone, and I don't.
    Because youre in denial, I just said that lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I'm talking about utter crap like:
    -store mounts
    -character boosts
    -"get this now before it's too late and we arbitrarily remove it"
    -purchasable cosmetics
    -whale targeting
    -cute fox people

I mean yeah sure it allows Activi$$ion Bill$$ard to rake in more money but it damages the integrity of the game. You'd expect to see crap like this in games like League of Legends and all of those billions of mobile "clash of clashes" clones. Not a monthly-sub based game like WoW.

Listen up, Kotick. If you want to suck $$$ out of your hapless victims then by all means do so but do it in a separate mobile game that is clearly designed to bleed the whales dry. Leave WoW alone and let us have our fantasy RPG.
    You aren't even close at nasty F2P tactics. As for 'Cute fox people' is not a tactic, that is just your own hate.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity

Oh dear god, im sad sylvanas didn't bomb them away instead of peaceful nightelfs.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait for southmkorean devs to develop game engine, so greedy chinese can use to milk others.

- - - Updated - - -

And the state of china bots in this forum hasn’t changed. Let OP in peace, at least he speaks truth ( but the vulpera thing)

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Why would you ever need a character boost?
    Idk, to better fit a certain arena or m+ setup with my friends in case i don't have that specific character close to 120. That's a rare occasion i guess, but still good to have an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinx View Post
    Idk, to better fit a certain arena or m+ setup with my friends in case i don't have that specific character close to 120. That's a rare occasion i guess, but still good to have an option.
    no. no and NO.

such a fail design, so you would advice people to visit the doc to change their gender, nose or whatever?

Right, a couple months before Wrath where it peaked and started to drop, coinciding with stuff like store items. Do you not remember how despised that horse was? People were denied groups if they had it... it was a big thing... people then, saw it as the beginning of the end..
    Ah yes, the beginning of the end. That's precisely why WoW has existed longer with value added services than without it.

If you want to be technical, this trend began in Vanilla with server transfers. Moreover, the cash shop exists for one single reason: People pay for shit in it. If the demand for the services in the shop didn't exist, people wouldn't buy them. Of course, then the argument becomes whether conspicuous consumption is necessary but this is easily explained. If the bare minimum were the status quo, why do luxury brands exist? Why doesn't everybody live in a one bedroom apartment and drive a Kia Forte? I don't like the cash shop any more than the next bloke but most of the arguments against it are incredibly weak.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-11-24 at 01:19 PM.