Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    George wrote the shit prequels. He also wrote fucking awful OT scripts which had to be redone at every level, at his own wife's insistence - the point that they brought in a second screenwriter for ESB and only gave George "Story by" credits. Give me Rian Johnson's writing any day of the week.
    I would watch the prequels for the rest of my life than watching TLJ ever again, the prequels suffer from dialog issues, and i gotta say that TRoS is a very good movie and one of the best Star wars movies

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    I would watch the prequels for the rest of my life than watching TLJ ever again, the prequels suffer from dialog issues, and i gotta say that TRoS is a very good movie and one of the best Star wars movies
    They were full of interesting ideas, and the basic plot was really solid, just poorly executed. Wish he'd had other directors make the films.

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    It was a major plot element in the Thrawn Trilogy and later Hand of Thrawn : Spaarti cloning cylinders allowing for the cloning of fully grown clones with duplicate memory.
    I think all of it gets pretty ridiculous with the increasing power levels. As I said before episode 7 came out, my vision of the Star Wars universe is a place where society is going backwards technology-wise. Example: In the prequels, a ship of the same class as the Falcon is just another ship docking in port in a quick scene. In the Original Trilogy, the Falcon has become a notable ship that holds records like the Kessel Run which modern ships cannot match. By the time we get to the sequel trilogy, The Falcon should be a legendary ship that few if any even know how to repair let alone make more of. In the OT, most worlds are clean with amazing tech advances, in the OT many worlds are run down and the Empire doesn't look as powerful as the Old Republic, in the Sequel trilogy, the galaxy should be crumbling, with many backwards societies barely hanging on to lost tech.

I think the sequels HAD to be about a galaxy in tech collapse, because I felt if they went the other way, it just gets ridiculous and stupid (like Starkiller Base).
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    I'll watch Episode IX out of curiosity. Hopefully the franchise ends with this film, and doesn't pull a Terminator by continuing to make pointless or SJW-pandering sequels.
    Why hope that the franchise ends?
    Does it affect your life? Does it affect you on a day to day basis? Did it insult your mother?

No but seriously, why hope for any kind of entertainment franchise to end? There are real problems in the world that need to end. An entertainment franchise that seemingly hurt your feelings, yet brings joys to millions of others, is not one of them.

It's a shame this world is so full of self-entitled jackasses.
    What is worth fighting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I guess Luke is a Mary Sue too, remember that time he outflew everyone in the rebellion and blew up the death star in that day or two after he was working on a farm for a living with zero combat skills? Then got fanfare and ceremony dedicated to him? All with zero effort.
    Zero effort? What movie did we watch?
    Ben died to help him pull out that effort, which was also his first time truly managing to tap into the Force and guide his senses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I don’t know if your defending the Rey is a Mary Sue but Luke isn’t view but if you are do you not see the irony in going into detail about what luke does but leaving out all the details to Rey’s feats?

Even ignoring that when you compare the two for Luke we are just told he knows how to fly while Rey actually shows combat skill and training before she actually fights any one of note.

Rey is literally show don’t tell but people complain about that instead of her complete lack of character traits. It’s mind boggling.
    It's mind boggling that people would defend Rey "Oh look now I know Jedi Mind tricks on day0!" Sue.

Luke was like 70% failure and effort 30% success for the most part of the three movies. Only in the third, by the end, he was a fully competent Jedi.

Rei is already an amazing Jedi from the moment she vaguely hears about the Force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    I'll watch Episode IX out of curiosity. Hopefully the franchise ends with this film, and doesn't pull a Terminator by continuing to make pointless or SJW-pandering sequels.
    The new terminator is actually a rather decent movie Starwars could do and has done worse then it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    It's mind boggling that people would defend Rey "Oh look now I know Jedi Mind tricks on day0!" Sue.

Luke was like 70% failure and effort 30% success for the most part of the three movies. Only in the third, by the end, he was a fully competent Jedi.

Rei is already an amazing Jedi from the moment she vaguely hears about the Force.
    I agree he being able to do a mind trick is off but it’s her only stand out feat with in the two movies. Her combat skills are explained her engineer skills are explained her using basic force ability’s like lifting rocks or a force pull isn’t far fetched as it’s what they teach kids and Luke also force pulls without training. Her being able to fly isn’t In the movie I guess but is explained in the novel of the movie I Believe.

Rey has a lot more character flaws as she has no character then feat flaws.

If Rey has flaws the movie did a shit job at portraying them, because she comes off as near perfect at everything to the viewers.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

7+ Year Old Account
    If Rey has flaws the movie did a shit job at portraying them, because she comes off as near perfect at everything to the viewers.
    Both movies have Rey screwing up and making mistakes but neither movie has Rey show any real character traits other then being endlessly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Hasn't the script been leaked and basically confirmed?
    Seems fair to pro-actively judge a movie based on that.
    Well that and you can look at the last two and apply logic and reason to determine that the third will be the biggest failure. There isn't anywhere to go with any of the story lines, which is why they had to bring back Palpatine to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Zero effort? What movie did we watch?
    Ben died to help him pull out that effort, which was also his first time truly managing to tap into the Force and guide his senses.

I mean Luke couldn't even beat Palpatine without his father's help. Even at the end he wasn't really a competent Jedi.

And then he starts the Jedi school and fails at that too.

And then he tried to hide from the universe, but leaves a map and is found. Another fail.

Luke was pretty good at failing upward with help from others, really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure nobody gave a crap about Leia before Return of the Jedi either. Luke always was the main focus (how will he complete his formation? Is Vader really his father?) and people were surely interested at how Han would be rescued. But Leia?

Strangely enough, I'm rather interested to see what will happen with Poe since he has been set as leader-to-be since Episode 7. Poe is the Sequel Trilogy's Leia. Yes, he's a dashing pilot, like Han, but his role in the trio is really Leia's. Like Leia was the only one that was part of the Rebellion in ANH, Poe is the only member of the Resistance in TFA. In TLJ, he is put in a leader's role, even if it is as a mutineer, and Leia herself is grooming him as a Resistance leader. He makes lots of mistakes in Episode 8, that's for sure, but I'm very curious to see how he learned anything from them in Episode 9.

We can like or dislike what Rian Johnson did in Episode 8, but I believe he did try to give some growth to each character of the heroic trio. In the OT, the main focus was put on Luke, who goes from farmboy to Jedi Knight and learning his own origins. Then you have Han, growing from a self-centered scoundrel to Rebel General, from believing only in himself to believing in a cause. But Leia? She does not change much in three movies (her hairstyle and clothing apart) and her character arc seems to revolve solely around her love story with Han. Now, Rey is in Luke's role. She's the "Jedi to be" in the trio, the one destined to beat the Big Bad. Therefore she has the main focus of the fanbase. Finn is the outsider, like Han. They need to show how he integrates himself in the Resistance. And as I said, Poe is Leia and his story is more straightforeward and thus less interesting for the fanbase. He's the Rebel leader, his place is already made (like Leia), but at least we are shown how he is growing as a leader inside the Resistance (unlike Leia).

No, my biggest problem with the sequels right now is that the trio only became one at the end of TLJ. Rey is introduced to Poe only at the end of the movie, and it should have happened much sooner, in my opinion. But it's J.J. Abrams' decision, not Johnson's. Still enjoying the ride so far, though.
    Poe's major role in the last two movies was to be the "wrong cis white male who gets corrected by empowered women" so I'd be surprised if they change that in the final installment. They'll just have additional women talk down to him, especially if he uses his "gut" for anything.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

I agree he being able to do a mind trick is off but it’s her only stand out feat with in the two movies. Her combat skills are explained her engineer skills are explained her using basic force ability’s like lifting rocks or a force pull isn’t far fetched as it’s what they teach kids and Luke also force pulls without training. Her being able to fly isn’t In the movie I guess but is explained in the novel of the movie I Believe.

Rey has a lot more character flaws as she has no character then feat flaws.
    Luke had to suffer through crazy ass yoda to learn how to levitate one spaceship with great effort, ray did pretty much levitate the 4 dozen boulders effortlessly. Her forcepull powers are also equal to kylo who has activeky trained his powers for 1 or 2 decades and had a mentor in luke, since they were equal in the scene where both tried to get the lightsaber - before it snapped.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Luke had to suffer through crazy ass yoda to learn how to levitate one spaceship with great effort, ray did pretty much levitate the 4 dozen boulders effortlessly. Her forcepull powers are also equal to kylo who has activeky trained his powers for 1 or 2 decades and had a mentor in luke, since they were equal in the scene where both tried to get the lightsaber - before it snapped.
    And yoda points out the only reason luke has trouble lifting any thing is because he has his own mental blocks. Force lifting is literally something they teach to 12 year olds who use it with enough skill to lift several light saber parts and put them together fine enough to make a working light saber. It’s not a master class ability.

Force pulling also isn’t something you get better at by training in. Strength wise kylo and Rey are equal an when using a basic ability like force pull they should always be matched as long as neither wavers. You don’t train for power in Starwars your born with that you train for mastery and when your doing the most basic stuff there isn’t much mastery to be had.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-11-27 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I mean Luke couldn't even beat Palpatine without his father's help. Even at the end he wasn't really a competent Jedi.
    Because being a Jedi is not about beating people but rejecting temptation and the Dark Side, which Luke did fully by the end of the movie.
    Even the Emperor recognized he had no chance of converting this one to his side.

And then he starts the Jedi school and fails at that too.
    I consider that non-canon, honestly. Disney hired a trash director with a boner for pissing off people and throwing stuff they love into the mud.

"The rise of Skywalker" This title still doesn't fucking make sense...

Who in the fuck? Isn't Luke dead? Nani?

And yoda points out the only reason luke has trouble lifting any thing is because he has his own mental blocks. Force lifting is literally something they teach to 12 year olds who use it with enough skill to lift several light saber parts and put them together fine enough to make a working light saber. It’s not a master class ability.
    You're being disingenuous here though.
    There's a difference between lifting small lightsaber parts and an X-Wing and massive rock formations. Let's not pretend it's the same.
    Luke had to train with Yoda to achieve that feat, Rey did it just out of her ass like everything else.

Force pulling also isn’t something you get better at by training in. Strength wise kylo and Rey are equal an when using a basic ability like force pull they should always be matched as long as neither wavers. You don’t train for power in Starwars your born with that you train for mastery and when your doing the most basic stuff there isn’t much mastery to be had.
    ....no.
    The only thing you're born with is being able to use the Force. You train for both power and skill with stuff, like with everything else.

You think a 3y old Emperor would've been able to shoot body-charring lightning from his cradle because he was born with that power? I doubt it.
    He needed to train both the skill to use it and the power to make it as deadly as it was.
    Last edited by Malaky; 2019-11-27 at 03:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're being disingenuous here though.
    There's a difference between lifting small lightsaber parts and an X-Wing and massive rock formations. Let's not pretend it's the same.
    Luke had to train with Yoda to achieve that feat, Rey did it just out of her ass like everything else.

....no.
    The only thing you're born with is being able to use the Force. You train for both power and skill with stuff, like with everything else.

You think a 3y old Emperor would've been able to shoot body-charring lightning from his cradle because he was born with that power? I doubt it.
    He needed to train both the skill to use it and the power to make it as deadly as it was.
    Yoda’s literal words to Luke are “size matters not” if you want to say yoda knows nothing about the force sure fine but as far as the movies go size doesn’t matter in one way or another. The only difference between an x wing and the light saber parts is that little billy has no strength in the force and Luke is at the top end.

And yes we know for a fact that the emperor would be able to shoot lightning as a child if he knew how as in both the old and new canon we have examples of children using advanced force ability’s. In the old canon the old republic emperor snaps his dads neck and tortures his mom and then whole town at the age of 6 or8 and in the new canon we have a kid making flesh sculptures with the force.
    Hell they even flat out say anakin is stronger then yoda in the phantom menace.

Said new canon kid using the force to make flesh art.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    "The rise of Skywalker" This title still doesn't fucking make sense...

Who in the fuck? Isn't Luke dead? Nani?
    Kylo is a Skywalker, I hope it’s about him but I’m ready for disappointment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kylo is a Skywalker, I hope it’s about him but I’m ready for disappointment.
    He isn't, he is Solo. SW is a patriarchal system.
    If it was about Kylo, the title should be Rise of Solo.

If it truly is about Kylo, then the name is a horrible misnomer. It's a bad name regardless, I don't know how they thought it would be a good name for a movie anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    He isn't, he is Solo. SW is a patriarchal system.
    If it was about Kylo, the title should be Rise of Solo.

If it truly is about Kylo, then the name is a horrible misnomer. It's a bad name regardless, I don't know how they thought it would be a good name for a movie anyway.
    I mean if your gonna go with you can only take the name of your dad then anakin wasn’t a Skywalker either he was a what ever Palpatine’s last name was.

Kylo is part of the Skywalker blood line a blood line that has no real male figure head as you know the first Skywalker was made by the force.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean if your gonna go with you can only take the name of your dad then anakin wasn’t a Skywalker either he was a what ever Palpatine’s last name was.
    He was always called Skywalker. Kylo was never that, he was Ben Solo.

Kylo is part of the Skywalker blood line a blood line that has no real male figure head as you know the first Skywalker was made by the force.
    Is this canon?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    He was always called Skywalker. Kylo was never that, he was Ben Solo.

Is this canon?
    Being called solo after his dad doesn’t make him any less part of the Skywalker blood line, hell Han’s last name isn’t even really solo and anakin’s dad was Palpatine/the force.

And ya in the current cannon palp made anakin using the force in the old cannon it was palp’s master who has a name I won’t try and spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    -snip-

You know full well the conspiracy and social/political agenda talk that this YouTuber espouses is forbidden on this subforum. You cannot circumvent that rule by posting a YT video without commentary and hope it goes unnoticed.
    LOL pedomod strikes again!

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-11-27 at 06:38 PM.