Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    A lot of people really care about this issue when it never affects them. The funniest part is, American conservatives are one of the biggest guilty parties in this and then of course they often go to other countries and complain that people there don't speak English for their convenience.
    on the flip side, the democrats have conditioned a large portion of the non english speaking populace that its an offence against them if a company does not cater to speaking spanish. i've seen it in two different industries ive worked it. i chalked it up to most humans are assholes and desire other humans to either A live by their views of the world or B like to lord over others any advantage they may have via law.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    on the flip side, the democrats have conditioned a large portion of the non english speaking populace that its an offence against them if a company does not cater to speaking spanish. i've seen it in two different industries ive worked it. i chalked it up to most humans are assholes and desire other humans to either A live by their views of the world or B like to lord over others any advantage they may have via law.
    Because in the US there is no default language? So if a company doesn't cater to spanish for example, then it's quite obvious why people are pissed, especially as there are regions in the US where spanish IS the dominant language (just to add if that is your reason why they should speak english)

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Because in the US there is no default language? So if a company doesn't cater to spanish for example, then it's quite obvious why people are pissed, especially as there are regions in the US where spanish IS the dominant language (just to add if that is your reason why they should speak english)
    like i said i don't care, it's just funny to me that the dems have conned everyone that wanting immigrants to speak english in america is racism while demanding that others must speak the migrants language is not.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    like i said i don't care, it's just funny to me that the dems have conned everyone that wanting immigrants to speak english in america is racism while demanding that others must speak the migrants language is not.
    Maybe there is a difference between people speaking a specific language and government agencies providing their services in a specific language?

Are there really democrats who want everyone to learn spanish, because that sounds more like one of these baseless talking points.

I don't care. I haven't met many foreigners who know vietnamese.

They should make an effort to integrate. Learning a country’s native language is considered the bare basics.

There is something very disrespectful about someone coming from another country to live but refuses to even learn how to speak out language.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the work environment and the other workers.
    It doesn’t help anyone if something dangerous occurs and the one guy who notices it starts screaming about it but no understands him.