Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Hunting cosmetics and achiemevemts is no longer lucrative. It was ok back in Wotlk where it was possible to actualy be more less done with this type of content. But Blizz now just throw so many mounts, pets and achievemets for all kind of nonsense that by the time you are close completing some part of the game blizz throws on you 30+ new mounts with 0.01% drop and 200+ new achievements.
    um yes it is. how are the achievements in BfA any different to ones back in WotLK? same goes for mounts? and very few mounts are less than a 1% drop chance. so your claim about 30+ new mounts with a 0.01% drop rate and 200+ new achievements is laughable. only new expansions carry that many new achievements, not content patches

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    They're staying in Blizzard's good books until they get exclusive Shadowlands Alpha access.
    so you're saying that the people testing the PTR are wrong? and also that they are happy to completely compromise their own integrity and truthfulness for something that they will probably get anyway?

Will be looking at getting cutting edge for once. With a play schedule of 10h/week I'm fairly certain I fall into the casual category.

15+ Year Old Account
    How about play a different game? Are WoW players just addicts who can do nothing but play WoW? I ask this because I see people in discord who can do nothing but play WoW, as if there's a masked man behind them forcing them to play nothing but WoW, especially when handfuls of your friends are playing Diablo.
    We'll ask people to come play a game with us, they'll dance around it never saying yes or no, log in to WoW, stand in Boralus for 20 minutes, log on an alt, log off. Is their brain just fried from WoW and they can't play anything else??

Is it the sub fee that forces people to feel they need to be logged in 24/7?

It's just such bizarre behavior, looks like addiction to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    According to the PTR testers, this patch includes more content than the release of BFA and the Nazjatar/Mechagon patch.
    Im testing it rn.

Its a grandma content, do once, 0 challenge, lasted 4-6 hours (of porting around the world clicking shinies and killing mobs that does 0.4% of your hp per hit) and you're done, wait for LFR and unsub.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    Im testing it rn.

Its a grandma content, do once, 0 challenge, lasted 4-6 hours (of porting around the world clicking shinies and killing mobs that does 0.4% of your hp per hit) and you're done, wait for LFR and unsub.
    so you've done basically nothing; you haven't done the raid, you haven't done horrific visions, you haven't done any of the new cloak stuff or anything like that - basically the only thing you have done is the N'Zoth invasions

Casual players play the game a lot less so the content lasts a lot longer.

Things hardcore players do every day a casual player might only do once or twice per week.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    Im testing it rn.

I haven't tested it myself so I won't have a strong opinion about this. Just inserted a second opinion into the thread based on what I heard. I don't really care about the content that much either, I'm just here to experience to raid and get transmog for my new monk and gold in preparation of Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so you've done basically nothing; you haven't done the raid, you haven't done horrific visions, you haven't done any of the new cloak stuff or anything like that - basically the only thing you have done is the N'Zoth invasions
    so lets sum it up

he didnt do raid

he didnt do usless grind that he doesnt need if he dont raid

he didnt do another usless grind tied direckly to previous usless grind if he doesnt raid

so if you dont raid you have nothing to do in 8.3

amazing patch indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    How about play a different game? Are WoW players just addicts who can do nothing but play WoW? I ask this because I see people in discord who can do nothing but play WoW, as if there's a masked man behind them forcing them to play nothing but WoW, especially when handfuls of your friends are playing Diablo.
    We'll ask people to come play a game with us, they'll dance around it never saying yes or no, log in to WoW, stand in Boralus for 20 minutes, log on an alt, log off. Is their brain just fried from WoW and they can't play anything else??

Is it the sub fee that forces people to feel they need to be logged in 24/7?

It's just such bizarre behavior, looks like addiction to me.
    Dunno man, I personally never felt "content drought", always found myself stuff to do, be it alts, collections, achievements, gold making, etc. I also knew people I raided with who would log for raid, log off and then play whatever floats their boat from Fortnite to Runescape, and they didn't complain about content drought, they just subbed for the raids and then enjoyed their time off.

What I don't get is the constant moaning on the forums about "content drought" and "nothing to do" especially from people who ignore 90% of what WOW has to offer because it's childish / boring / stupid / too casual / too hardcore / you name it. They expect WOW to be their personal babysitter that provides endless entertainment but only of the kind they accept, everything they discard automatically isn't "content" and "doesn't count".

I'd say I played WOW more than an average player and I'm still against the notion that WOW should provide 20h+ of entertainment per week to everyone, all year round, especially when we have people who don't raid / pvp / m+ / play alts / gather collectibles, I don't know what they even do in this game if they discard all of the above, and they still demand "content". If you're a solo player with no alts and no desire to collect / play group content / participate in competitive endgame / grind, then a patch will probably provide you 1-2 afternoons of gameplay, tops. Wow is probably a waste of money in that case, just buy some console games instead.

P.S. I don't know why did you mention Diablo, if wow has content droughts, then what would you say of Diablo, they didn't implement anything interesting since Necromancer DLC and that was ages ago. Woohoo they implemented 2 class sets after ages of nothing new, yet people don't even play that, they play Barb because it was buffed to high heavens, even though it's basically the same build as existed for years just with bigger numbers.

I can somewhat understand the allure of Classic especially for people who never experienced the original vanilla period or ones who have the fondest memories from 15 years ago. But Diablo? Mehhh... And Diablo 4 is probably 3+ years away.

I believe Blizzard's solution is Death Knights for ARs.

lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just mentioned Diablo because it happens to be the game our group of friends were playing that wasn't WoW, you can literally replace "Diablo" with "other games", how you could take that and run as far away with it as you did is beyond me lmao.

I see Shadowlands hitting us in late August, so 8 months is my guess.

Not sure any game could keep casuals occupied for 9 months. They tend to get bored very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    No, but WoW Classic will.

And that's if WoW still has any player base after the great Blitzchung betrayal.
    None of my "casual" friends made it past level 30 in Classic.

Also I think you'll find that far fewer people give a damn about the whole Blitzchung thing than you think.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2019-12-02 at 06:29 PM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

We have Classic to keep us occupied so no big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 1know View Post
    Ya, I would be surprised if beta doesn't hit sometime in March.

with how unfinished bfa was when it launched, i would not be surprised to see Shadowlands release closer to halloween. either just before, or just after Blizzcon.

will be interesting to see when the beta goes up.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's very very optimistic. More likely 9.0 in late September and Shadowlands in November.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

the you see wrong

devs confirmed during blizzcon interviews that shadowlands is planned for december 2020/january 2021.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Imo Shadowlands is scheduled for late September/early October, so Blizzcon will have new classes and dungeons for tournaments. For Summer release they would put "will be released before September 21st" notice like for Legion and BfA.

But hopefully they will delay it if Beta will need more polish or feedback, not rush it to meet date set in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the you see wrong

devs confirmed during blizzcon interviews that shadowlands is planned for december 2020/january 2021.
    Lol, I think you confused devs with "I know it all" youtubers.

This post makes no sense. The casual player will have no problem with content, because they play casually. They will probably dabble in some PvP, pet battles, collecting or some of the other past 15 years worth of content they missed as well, in addition to the new stuff.

The hardcore player is the one who will eat up all the new content and then complain there is nothing to do. And there's nothing you can do for those people. Content simply can't be pushed out as fast as it is consumed by hardcore players without artificial timegating and ridiculous levels of repetitive grinding, both of which are already done to the maximum reasonable level imo. Maybe, just maybe, if you find yourself in the "there's nothing left to do" boat, try going outside, hanging out with friends, or even play another game. You don't need WoW to stay busy for 9 months.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2019-12-02 at 07:13 PM.

@ Title.

It won't, and it never has. And who cares?