Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Because Blizzard, in their continuing endeavor to make themselves look like assholes once more, decided to do the same thing they did with that prize money for the shop toys and hard cap the donations. They will pocket everything above that cap for themselves when 100% of the money should go to the charity. So, in more cynical words, once they reached $3m, they will start "stealing" money from a charity that commits itself to granting dying children some comfort.

That's why people are disliking the video.
    Are you trying to make the point that everyone who purchased these charity pets in the past given the 100% period did it for the charity and would not have bought it unknowingly? Also: It's 100% transparent this time and not as shady as the toy sales for the prize pool.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    wow i have never seen such mis-information.
    the pet and plush will not sell 300,000 copies, end of story, that 3 million threashhold will not be reached, grow up.
    We all know you rush to Blizzard's defense whenever possible, but I don't care about this discussion in any way, so save your energy for something else. I simply answered why people dislike the video.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Are you trying to make the point that everyone who purchased these charity pets in the past given the 100% period did it for the charity and would not have bought it unknowingly? Also: It's 100% transparent this time and not as shady as the toy sales for the prize pool.
    Many people I personally know (myself included btw) only buy pets when they're up for charity, so it's definitely true for some people. But as I stated above, I simply answered a question about why some people feel the need to dislike the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

wow i have never seen such mis-information.
    the pet and plush will not sell 300,000 copies, end of story, that 3 million threashhold will not be reached, grow up.
    Which is exactly my point Why have the cap at all if the conditions will never be met?
    Is so...strange

Is it a treshold of "If for some reason it happens...we would feel stupid...better implement a cap" (>_<)
    It just makes no sense in my mind.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-12-04 at 12:29 AM.

Many people I personally know (myself included btw) only buy pets when they're up for charity, so it's definitely true for some people. But as I stated above, I simply answered a question about why some people feel the need to dislike the video.
    People dislike it because they are outraged. You find almost no relevant information given by the accompanying comments. It's just the usual outrage mob that cares more about them having a reason to be outraged than the actual cause itself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Which is exactly my point Why have the cap at all if the conditions will never be met?
    Is so...strange

Is it a treshold of "If for some reason it happens...we would full stupid...better implement a cap" (>_<)
    It just makes no sense in my mind.
    Legality.
    Why put "Please dont shove screwdriver into your urethra" when its obvious?
    Cause some fucker will sue you for it is you dont.

- - - Updated - - -

We all know you rush to Blizzard's defense whenever possible, but I don't care about this discussion in any way, so save your energy for something else. I simply answered why people dislike the video.
    because they just want to hate on blizz for doing a charity event.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah nah, i know 100% these events are done 100% for blizz to get tax cuts for donating.

but the thing is this monjey would not be donated otherwise, people would not be donating if not for the deal of getting this pet.
    so overall this whole thing is good, i rather people donate money dfirectly to the charity.
    i rather people donate to the charity and they get given a code for dottie for free!
    but this is better then nothing.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-12-04 at 12:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Legality.
    Why put "Please dont shove screwdriver into your urethra" when its obvious?
    Cause some fucker will sue you for it is you dont.
    Could you explain? Please?
    Its a legality to have a cap? One must have a "profit" in a charity for legal reasons?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Could you explain? Please?
    Its a legality to have a cap? One must have a "profit" in a charity for legal reasons?
    If they reach a cap...
    where would you want the money to go?
    the void?
    shredded?
    burned?
    Thrown into the ocean?
    Or put in their pockets.. fior them to give as bonuses to their workers
    for them to donate at a later date
    for them to use to better the game.

although none of this matters, as we are lityerally never hitting or getting even close to that 3 mil cap, not before, and not now since everyone is making a fucking hissy fit over charity.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Buying it since I want it and best to do so before the proceeds stop going to charity.

Hoping to be gifted a number of store mounts/items I haven't purchased for Christmas, gonna gift this little one to a few people in return.

If they reach a cap...
    the void?
    shredded?
    burned?
    Thrown into the ocean?

although none of this matters, as we are lityerally never hitting or getting even close to that 3 mil cap, not before, and not now since everyone is making a fucking hissy fit over charity.
    The cap is like a sore to the eye...as a wannabe artist i get triggered by it.

Its like seeing a voluptuous women from behind...only to realize she has a poop stain.
    The poop stai...the cap...is ruining it for me.

I understand it is a nitpick...but damm...it pisses me off for some reason.

If they reach a cap...
    the void?
    shredded?
    burned?
    Thrown into the ocean?

Why do you keep bothering with these people...?

They wanna hate Blizzard and WoW/Retail WoW, they ain't gonna change their minds. Not with any amount of facts thrown at them. You do you and know that you're not as miserable as them, that's my new approach.

And as expected Heelvsbabyface is milking it for outrage clicks. Also good to see that his comment section is so well muted/censored that you find 0 counter arguments for years by now.
    Blizzard could make a tweet saying just hello. Heelsvscrybabyface would make a 30 minute video, with commercial breaks every 5 minutes trying to break down how in reality it is the most evil thing on twitter at the point in time. (And people on this forum would eat it up)

Always glad to see them donate to Make-a-Wish. Personally means a lot to me cause I had leukemia when I was 7. Make-a-Wish gave my family a much needed vacation to a few theme parks in Florida. It’s beautiful work that they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Why do you keep bothering with these people...?

They wanna hate Blizzard and WoW/Retail WoW, they ain't gonna change their minds. Not with any amount of facts thrown at them. You do you and know that you're not as miserable as them, that's my new approach.
    I see what you did there.

It definitely does not help if you throw NO FACTS at them at all tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    I see what you did there.

It definitely does not help if you throw NO FACTS at them at all tho.
    I asked the poster Why was it a "legality" reason to have a "cap" when the Shadow pet had no cap at all...and apparently he/she thrown "facts" at me.
    My question still ended up not being answered.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Posts like this are why I tend to do a fast u-turn after coming to mmo-champ.
    You literally have zero clue. Zero.
    ROFL.

Yeah.

So tell me, do you honestly think Blizzard is doing this out of the graciousness of their heart? And that they're not going to take a huge, massive tax break for it? And that they're not trying to build up PR?

And if so, tell me, why aren't they just straight up donating $3,000,000 themselves (and why stop at $3,000,000 in the first place; be sure to look up corporate tax laws before you reply!)? Why do they need you to supply the money for their charitible donation? Seriously. Answer that fucking question alone with anything even remotely relating to a sensible response and I'll shut up completely.

Jesus Christ, how delusional can some people get...

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    ROFL.

Yeah.

So tell me, do you honestly think Blizzard is doing this out of the graciousness of their heart? And that they're not going to take a huge, massive tax break for it? And that they're not trying to build up PR?

And if so, tell me, why aren't they just straight up donating $3,000,000 themselves (and why stop at $3,000,000 in the first place; be sure to look up corporate tax laws before you reply!)? Why do they need you to supply the money for their charitible donation? Seriously. Answer that fucking question alone with anything even remotely relating to a sensible response and I'll shut up completely.

Who cares about Blizzards motive for it, of course they're going for a tax break, just like every rich person who makes a large donation.

Point is, many people will buy this pet or plushie who wouldn't have normally given that 10 bucks to MAW or WE, or is extra beyond what they would normally give because they also want the in game pet. So yea, even thought Blizzard execs motive is taxes, doesn't matter, the charity is still getting money.

I would pay 10 dollars for a toy that killed any vulpera or lama on sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    ROFL.

Yeah.

If we are basing everything off of zero evidence, such as your post suggests, let’s look at some other possibilities:
    Maybe Blizzard does donate on their own while this is a way to get OTHER people to donate.
    Fact of the matter is, most people in this world won’t donate money without some kind of incentive or compensation, which is what this pet is and Blizzard motivates that.
    As for the limit, I have no idea. I’m not going to wade thru millions of words in legal speak that I mostly wouldn’t understand; however, attempting a rudimentary Google search shows limits based off gross income. While I understand that is per person, it’s possible there are limits on corporations as well before it becomes nondeductible.
    So, to sum up, Blizzard is providing a virtual pet in an attempt to get people to donate to a charity who may not do so otherwise while also giving themselves an advantage as well in tax write offs and charitable contributions. The limit may be arbitrary or it might have legal reasons. Regardless, if you want the pet then buy it and take solace that you are also helping a great organization (Make a Wish) and move on. If you don’t, then don’t get the pet. If you want to donate more or do it on your own, then do that too. Anyone who does taxes is usually asked if they want to donate any of their return to charities, so start there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    If we are basing everything off of zero evidence, such as your post suggests, let’s look at some other possibilities:
    Maybe Blizzard does donate on their own while this is a way to get OTHER people to donate.
    Fact of the matter is, most people in this world won’t donate money without some kind of incentive or compensation, which is what this pet is and Blizzard motivates that.
    As for the limit, I have no idea. I’m not going to wade thru millions of words in legal speak that I mostly wouldn’t understand; however, attempting a rudimentary Google search shows limits based off gross income. While I understand that is per person, it’s possible there are limits on corporations as well before it becomes nondeductible.
    So, to sum up, Blizzard is providing a virtual pet in an attempt to get people to donate to a charity who may not do so otherwise while also giving themselves an advantage as well in tax write offs and charitable contributions. The limit may be arbitrary or it might have legal reasons. Regardless, if you want the pet then buy it and take solace that you are also helping a great organization (Make a Wish) and move on. If you don’t, then don’t get the pet. If you want to donate more or do it on your own, then do that too. Anyone who does taxes is usually asked if they want to donate any of their return to charities, so start there.
    Not to forget the base cost blizzard put into actually making the pet, marketing it, and everything else that goes into this kind of thing, that is their part of the donation. Also yes blizzard is writing off what ever money they make for the charity during this period, but they made that money on the books for selling the pet. It's not like they are writing off anything that wasn't part of this deal, they are just turning themselves into a middle men with zero personal gain or loss (other then the previously mentioned development costs.). This BS where people think blizzard will be paying anything less tax wise on their normal profit flow is ridicules.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I wish I was you, so that I would have enough free time in my day to be pissed off about how corporations conduct business, and how people donate to these "scummy", Ebenezer Scrooge-minded, 1%, money grubbing, morally bankrupt, white collar CEO motherfuckers. I really do. I mean, it's not like I don't work 40 hours a week, crunching numbers, and meeting deadlines. I don't have enough free time to fucking nitpick the moral compass of Activision-Blizzard and judge people on an online forum I'll never personally meet under a veil of anonymity, about their knowledge, or lack thereof, about the proper fucking channels of donating money! I need that kind of fucking free time and priority in my life, seriously. Thank you for educating me, you are both a saint and a scholar.
    Well... you seem to have enough time on this forum to be that mad on random person from internet.
    Chill, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Next Christmas when a thread like this goes up, first thing I'm going to do is attack someone for buying from scummy Blizzard! HOW FUCKING DARE THEY!?
    Yes i totally 'attacked' everyone on this thread.

No charity pet has reached 3 mil in the past, the closest was mischief which got to 2.5 mil, and released just after legions launch.
    this pet plus plushie will not sell 300,000 of them, a year after the respective expansion launch, the highest "non expansion year" charity pet was 1.8 mil
    so unless you think this will sell almost double the amount shadow did at the midway point of legion... then well all for you then.
    Again i have still not idea why do you keep saying they will not reach 3mil.
    They could reach 2.5mil ONLY with pet so with plushie it will be EZ.
    They literally made cutest pet ever so all pet oriented players will be happy and buy this shit.
    3mil cap is here for reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Not to forget the base cost blizzard put into actually making the pet, marketing it, and everything else that goes into this kind of thing, that is their part of the donation.
    Base cost blizzard put into actually making the pet? You mean one model that some talented person could finish probably in 1-2 evenings?
    Marketing? You mean this yt vid and blue post?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Also yes blizzard is writing off what ever money they make for the charity during this period, but they made that money on the books for selling the pet. It's not like they are writing off anything that wasn't part of this deal, they are just turning themselves into a middle men with zero personal gain or loss (other then the previously mentioned development costs.).
    Yes. They will totally not gain anything after they reach 3mil or december will end.
    They already making money since only 10$ from plushie is going for charity.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2019-12-04 at 07:53 AM.