Free character transfers closing tomorrow

https://www.wowhead.com/news=298809/...in-classic-wow

Right before battlegrounds launches they announce free transfers are closing. What is Blizzards goal here? The server balances are still a bleepshow and queues are terrible for at least three servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mivoc View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=298809/...in-classic-wow

Right before battlegrounds launches they announce free transfers are closing. What is Blizzards goal here? The server balances are still a bleepshow and queues are terrible for at least three servers.
    This is fine if we get paid transfers in the near future. I've only logged on a few times in the last month but my server is dying fast and is super Alliance dominated, making it tough to finish leveling to 60 as a solo oriented horde player.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    This is fine if we get paid transfers in the near future. I've only logged on a few times in the last month but my server is dying fast and is super Alliance dominated, making it tough to finish leveling to 60 as a solo oriented horde player.
    Kinda sucks players will end up having to pay Blizzard for their failure to properly balance factions and server pops.

Quote Originally Posted by Mivoc View Post
    Kinda sucks players will end up having to pay Blizzard for their failure to properly balance factions and server pops.
    I'd rather have the option to pay, rather than Blizzard say "You can't roll on this server with your friends because you're the 4,999th Horde player to queue, better luck on another server because this one is too full for your kind"
    Unless there's another, workable system by Blizz to actually control a population. Heck, all but one of my BFA friends that came for Classic have quit outright and mailed me their stuff, which would be a great time for me personally to just buy a transfer to a server I know is roughly 50/50 and not start from level 1.