Meh, couldn't care less about the box art, be buying it digital anyway. Don't really ever care about any box art, haven't bought a physical game in like... 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Meh, couldn't care less about the box art, be buying it digital anyway. Don't really ever care about any box art, haven't bought a physical game in like... 10 years.
    That's cool but some of us like to actually own our games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That's cool but some of us like to actually own our games.
    Then you have to deal with a notice in the corner /shrug

Then you have to deal with a notice in the corner /shrug
    Which is not the point at all.

The point is that it's ugly and pointless. Saying "it's not a big deal because I buy digital" is a non talking point about it because it's still on the damn cover art on the digital store as well lol. That's why I gave you that shitty reply in the first place, thought it would be a good hint...

Which is not the point at all.

The point is that it's ugly and pointless. Saying "it's not a big deal because I buy digital" is a non talking point about it because it's still on the damn cover art on the digital store as well lol. That's why I gave you that shitty reply in the first place, thought it would be a good hint...
    Well here then, I don't think it looks bad either way.

It's their right to put it on there. Being as hyperbolic as VG over it and saying "now it's ruined" is just silly. It's like... I care more about the box art then the game itself, not saying that's what they're saying, but it's what it makes it sound like.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well here then, I don't think it looks bad either way.

It's their right to put it on there. Being as hyperbolic as VG over it and saying "now it's ruined" is just silly. It's like... I care more about the box art then the game itself, not saying that's what they're saying, but it's what it makes it sound like.
    I can care about both because of how iconic it is, the reason its even being remade in the first place. Lets just slap this on it while we're at it

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I can care about both because of how iconic it is, the reason its even being remade in the first place. Lets just slap this on it while we're at it
    It's not even more distracting or out of place then the original case.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not even more distracting or out of place then the original case.

A timed exclusive box with the exact date on it is very out of place for games. I dont see that box saying coming soon to pc! on it

A timed exclusive box with the exact date on it is very out of place for games. I dont see that box saying coming soon to pc! on it
    Timed exclusivity being the norm is a newer thing, I expect we'll start to see that on the box art a lot more now.

I'm not saying things didn't release on other platforms at a later date in the past, just there wasn't as many plans for it to be "on this date"

15+ Year Old Account
    Timed exclusivity being the norm is a newer thing, I expect we'll start to see that on the box art a lot more now.

I'm not saying things didn't release on other platforms at a later date in the past, just there wasn't as many plans for it to be "on this date"
    Its not on this, another square game we knew was a timed exclusive

A meh box art in its own right

Its not on this, another square game we knew was a timed exclusive

A meh box art in its own right
    That was 4 years ago, I'm talking moving forward since "timed exclusives" are all the rage atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was 4 years ago, I'm talking moving forward since "timed exclusives" are all the rage atm.
    I dont know what you mean. Off the top of my head I can think of plenty of n64 games that were ported to ps1/pc and vice versa

The hell lol, if anything timed exclusives are going the way of the dodo. They where far more common at the start of this gen and before that- I mean the entire reason this game is a timed exclusive is likely cause the deal was made in 2015 almost a half decade ago.

Almost all of the "timed exclusives" in current day are just Japanese games by small dev teams who only have the funding to release the PS4 or Switch version at the time and port the rest out later. No real involvement from Sony in the matter. This game is a relic of last gen strategy, because the deal was made barely into current gen.

I dont know what you mean. Off the top of my head I can think of plenty of n64 games that were ported to ps1/pc and vice versa
    But were they "timed exclusives" that were only being held on one system for X amount of time on purpose, with a definite end date? Most of the time a port just took time because they would release the game on one system and have another company port it to another system because back then systems were so proprietary if you didn't work on that system you wouldn't know enough to make the game with the same quality.

Now it's not that hard to release on all platforms, but they are doing this thing where they only release on one "for a year" "for 6 months" so people have to jump on that platform if they want it "first"

- - - Updated - - -

The hell lol, if anything timed exclusives are going the way of the dodo. They where far more common at the start of this gen and before that- I mean the entire reason this game is a timed exclusive is likely cause the deal was made in 2015 almost a half decade ago.
    Epic would like a word about that.

Are we really comparing a store front exclusive to an actual *you need this hardware to play this game* exclusive? Cool goalpost shift I guess.

Are we really comparing a store front exclusive to an actual *you need this hardware to play this game* exclusive? Cool goalpost shift I guess.
    I mean, there's barely a reason to have an "exclusive" today other than to bolster the platform. Whether that platform be physical or digital.

15+ Year Old Account
    But were they "timed exclusives" that were only being held on one system for X amount of time on purpose, with a definite end date? Most of the time a port just took time because they would release the game on one system and have another company port it to another system because back then systems were so proprietary if you didn't work on that system you wouldn't know enough to make the game with the same quality.

Now it's not that hard to release on all platforms, but they are doing this thing where they only release on one "for a year" "for 6 months" so people have to jump on that platform if they want it "first"

- - - Updated - - -

Probably, we just didnt know about the inner workers of game companies back then and they were more secretive and barely anybody had internet. Now we get reggie, phil and shawn on the stage together to touch butts

I mean, there's barely a reason to have an "exclusive" today other than to bolster the platform. Whether that platform be physical or digital.
    I mean you brought up the dumb epic comparison, when those games still release on consoles and even other store fronts on PC. Just not on steam. Not even close to being comparable and I'm not sure why you're trying to retreat from that bad comparison now lol.

Now we get reggie, phil and shawn on the stage together to touch butts
    Only if they wiggle while doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean you brought up the dumb epic comparison, when those games still release on consoles and even other store fronts on PC. Just not on steam. Not even close to being comparable and I'm not sure why you're trying to retreat from that bad comparison now lol.
    Only reason FFVIIR is exclusive is to provide for the platform, same reason an Epic exclusive exists, just because one is hardware and one software doesn't mean a damn. They could have easily released it on all intended platforms at the same time, but Sony probably had a contract for exclusivity, just like epic often does.

Epic would probably love to get games exclusive over even console if they could, but that'd be a lot of money to give up on the dev's side, so I doubt anyone would go for it.

It was a given it wasn't going to be a exclusive.

When it was first show off it even said "Play First On Playstation". With that said its PS sales will dwarf all other platforms and that's all both Square and Sony care about.

It will likely sell enough to justify releasing it on other platforms that will provide little to no gain.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD