Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maximillian of Northsire is objectively the most powerful and the best paladin of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Gonna have to agree. Fighting the legion for over 1000 years straight? Kinda trumps whatever fetish you have going on with Liadrin.
    I thought storytelling was about showing, not telling. I guess I was wrong.

Look over here, a gnome paladin who fought the undead for 1001 years across time, space, and even the maw itself. Isn't he awesome? He's the strongest paladin there is. I'm telling you, he has no equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Liadrin’s great. Her political savvy got the Nightborne to act as the Horde’s meatshields.

She’d stomp Turalyon into the ground.

No thanks, I'm fed up with this elves or ex-elves taking up all the space in lore. Besides, she pops up here and there, but she hasn't played a huge role in any storyline yet. I'm a hordie, but I think Turalyon is a better successor of Tirion and Uther.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2019-12-10 at 08:58 AM.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Liadrin is probably going to be sidestepping this expansion, along with most of the Elf caste. Outside Malfurion and Tyrande I do not see anyone else elven needing to be driven into the Shadowlands story.
    Kael'thas is making a return. That's an entire Blood Elf storyline right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes, Liadrin should be more powerful than the thousand year old paladin reforged in immortality by the Light itself.
    And yet he STILL got his butt kicked by the first little bit of trouble that came along. He had a flying space cannon and didn't do jack shit. Liadrin was always right up in there, at the front lines, slicing heads and chewing bubble gum. She's a certified grade-A badass. Turalyon is a plot device used to tell us how big of a deal Argus is.

We are going to meet Uther in the Shadowlands and I hope they take the chance to see Lothar as well.
    So I'd rather hope Turalyon gets a spotlight in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes, Liadrin should be more powerful than the thousand year old paladin reforged in immortality by the Light itself.

I mean, she cannot even keep her man
    Lets not use new Turalyon as a metric, that guy is the epitome of pathetic, can't beat Illidan after the guy is utterly exhausted after blowing up the windchime and gets squashed like a bug by his girlfriend in stormwind.

OT

It shouldn't be Liadrin either.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Not Uther, not Turalyon either. The game is objectively better when she’s leading storylines and is in the forefront.

And her “darkness cannot abide within the Light!” catchphrase is great too. Who else thinks Liadrin should be more represented in Shadowlands?
    Certainly not with Turalyon and Anduin in the mixer, who are both way more powerful; the former having fought the legion for 1000 years and the latter, well we saw his power in the battle for Lorederon.............where was Liadrin in that fight btw? Oh yeah being a Sylvanas shill and standing back and letting her get away with all that shit, hardly a champion of lights virtue in my opinion. I also can't help but feel like there is an undercurrent of "cause wahmens" in your post, i could be wrong, but it's so rife nowadays that its come to be expected.

Oh btw the most powerful paladin was supposed to be Illadin in case you forgot, Xe'ra picked him as the champion of the light until he had other Eyebeam based plans

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I stopped right there. I had hoped for a discussion. Just another troll. Thanks buddy. This is objectively the best thread ever.
    While I'm sure they're being insincere, I'm also at a loss for how "4D-chess trolling" one can get about arguing the power levels of fringe WoW characters.

Like... "Oh man, I said something STUPID about a niche NPC that a large chunk of the playerbase probably doesn't even know about, and then these people responded in EARNEST! What a bunch of STUPID NERDS!"

Kudos, I guess. He sure fooled us all into thinking he's dumb.

And if that's how this guy needs to get his jollies... he definitely needs a new hobby.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    TBC Liadrin might have been interesting, but now? Not so much.

Like in D&D it's very hard to make paladins interesting, and arguably they're the most interesting when they're kinda fanatical, think Scarlet Crusade.

So no, the game isn't better when she's at the forefront, but then, neither is it when literally any other paladin or priest is at the forefront.
    I mean she is a Paladin that revels in the slaughter of innocents, I am pretty sure a compelling story could be made out of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by villie View Post
    Certainly not with Turalyon and Anduin in the mixer, who are both way more powerful; the former having fought the legion for 1000 years and the latter, well we saw his power in the battle for Lorederon.............where was Liadrin in that fight btw? Oh yeah being a Sylvanas shill and standing back and letting her get away with all that shit, hardly a champion of lights virtue in my opinion. I also can't help but feel like there is an undercurrent of "cause wahmens" in your post, i could be wrong, but it's so rife nowadays that its come to be expected.

Oh btw the most powerful paladin was supposed to be Illadin in case you forgot, Xe'ra picked him as the champion of the light until he had other Eyebeam based plans
    Anduin is a Priest, not a Paladin. I know it makes no sense, but that is the official Blizzard statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Liadrin is probably going to be sidestepping this expansion, along with most of the Elf caste. Outside Malfurion and Tyrande I do not see anyone else elven needing to be driven into the Shadowlands story.
    You have Kael'thas in one zone, Tyrande in the other, so yes for sure, there is no elven lore in ShL

She's not even close at the Turalyon level of paladiness.

Human paladins do get all the glory. Even before Turalyon went off to fight the Legion he was mentored by Alonsus Faol, Uther the Lightbringer, and Anduin Lothar. He went on to basically kick Doomhammer's ass by himself with less than half of a broken sword at a time when he was seen as little more than a priest or squire who had to pull the entire Alliance together when greater men around him were falling. Uther, meanwhile, literally the first paladin who only died after fighting in single combat against Arthas without the aid of anything like the Ashbringer. Meanwhile, Liadrin, canonically losing the warfront versus Turalyon. "Present" when Illidan slayed Gul'dan. "Present" when the player sacrificed artifacts to heal Azeroth. And "present" when Velen used a Naaru to reignite the Sunwell. However, Liadrin has been the most relevant to World of Warcraft, and especially recently. Turalyon and Uther were mostly novel and RTS material.

With humans having gotten all the big epic paladin moments like destroying Frostmourne and stopping the Lich King over the years, it would be cool to see other non-human Paladins do something cool when the opportunity for cool paladin stuff comes up. Granted, we've lately run the gambit of enemy types that Paladins specialize in, so if Liadrin was going to be relevant it would have to be in more of a Horde capacity. Given the Blood Elves' history, their greatest ally were the Undead at one point. But with the recent direction of Sylvanas, there may not be much opportunity in the story for Undead and Blood Elf alliances to flourish in the story.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    More Turalyon please. A lot more.

I first learned of him in the novels, watching him grow from a young inexperienced paladin to a leader and a true warrior of the light - I absolutely loved his arc, generic fantasy arc as it may be.

Then nothing for years, when I heard he was back for legion I was absolutely buzzing, and bumping into him and Alleria on Argus was so cool for me.

So yeah - Turalyon wins for me.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lady Liadrin should be portrayed as a massive hypocrite that supported a genocidal warlord while screaming "Darkness cannot abide within the light!" It's incredible how self righteous she can be while fighting for mass murderer that killed thousands of civilians on a whim. Her actual power level doesn't matter at all to me, just give her a "what have I done?" moment... otherwise, she's pretty much a modern WoW version of any deluded Scarlet Crusader.

And she is a sexy elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    And she is a sexy elf.
    Guessing this was the OP's reason aswell.

Objectively the dumbest thread on MMO-C right now.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Turalyon should be the most powerful by a mile. He's too boring though.

But darkness cannot abide withing the Light.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I played Warcraft II, Warcraft III, and Wow since WotLK. If you said to me, what do you think of Lady Liadrin? I would say, "Who"?

No idea who this person is.
    So you are Alliance and not a Paladin then. Good for you.

---

On topic, I seem to recall that Liadrin followed my character's Paladin in Legion. However, for Horde, doesn't see appear as the Paladin champion in that one cutscene? So, she is arguably the strongest Paladin on the Horde's side.

Also, people need to stop hyping on Turalyon just because he fought for 1000's years. (Which honestly just sounds like BS to me personally) It doesn't mean he is strong, just that he is smart and knows his enemy.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2019-12-10 at 11:22 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code