Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that sucks, was looking forward seeing the wolf cavalery and world bosses in AV. I hate Retail AV, but i loved the hr long ones in vanilla.

Do you guys realize that 1.12 AV is not the AV people know vanilla for? It has been nerfed heavily.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Do you guys realize that 1.12 AV is not the AV people know vanilla for? It has been nerfed heavily.
    Yep it was the worst version for the last few months of Vanilla. Korrak's revenge on Retail is almost the same AV people remember. Blizzard should just copy and paste it into Classic. They can cave in the side paths with the gnolls and trolls/Korrak but keep the rest imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be honest, Classic players deserve this crap of a version of AV. At least Korrak's Revenge you can force longer games.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Lol, i used to go home from school and join the SAME AV that was going on for 3 days.. and i kept on doing this for 3-4 more days lol. Yes! 1 week long AVS ruled. :PIt really felt like a battleground/battlefield/battlezone. Not a game that last 5m.. a match or whatever :P

The players will play in wichever way give the most honor/hour.

Im slightly surprised thou that they arent capping the towers. Doesn't they give alot of honor each?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaterasuNyan View Post
    They're called zoomers for a reason
    Aight, not gonna lie. That gave me a chuckle.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    The players will play in wichever way give the most honor/hour.

Im slightly surprised thou that they arent capping the towers. Doesn't they give alot of honor each?
    Games are ending before the towers finish capping. But yes, each tower gives around 200 honor.

My group would just all plan on getting as many as possible in one and cheese it that way in vanilla. Poor alliance didn’t know what hit them.

The same AV on private 1.12 servers lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Let's be honest, Classic players deserve this crap of a version of AV. At least Korrak's Revenge you can force longer games.
    One GY back cap and its a turtle in classic.

We harrassed Blizzard for almost 2 years straight to give us 1.12 #nochanges. I can't understand how anyone is surprised at us getting exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    I take it that you can kill the bosses with out capping towers?
    With a well geared tank, easily
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

How are people surprised? Its 1.12 av and xrealm. Just like it was in 1. 12 in vanilla. And it was a zergfest back then.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i mean, they could have had classic start at the beginning, but with how people are pushing for content to be released faster and faster, i cant imagine it would have gone over well.
    They could have gone with literally any other version of AV and it would have been better. Remember when they said they don't have the map/numbers for pre 1.12 AV? Well, korak's revenge proves that to be false statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    its sad to see how the classic team wanna bring back good old stuff, but instead the old stuff it is derailed into a monstrosity, cause of „embedding yesterday into today“ never really works 100% well. every thing has its time. classics was 2005 (obviously).

i mostly talk about things like raiding MC after gear change and with Naxx talent trees. as good as it is meant by the developers, that will not bring back that „classic feeling“.

a quote from brown (architect, mathsman): crossing a border for the first time, and crossing that same border again, is NOT the same.
    Can I ask what version of wow did the guys who fought for vanilla played? Oh, 1.12 :O ! Your quote is quite right, even with old patches in place, people would moan, because, and this is true, most people did not start at day 1 of wow. I think it was what? 300k? So yeah.. everyone has their own "vanilla"

Launching at 1.12 ruined the idea of classic in general

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    They could have gone with literally any other version of AV and it would have been better. Remember when they said they don't have the map/numbers for pre 1.12 AV? Well, korak's revenge proves that to be false statement.
    #nochanges that is why. Classic could have had best versions of all systems, but hey

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    #nochanges that is why. Classic could have had best versions of all systems, but hey
    Well, #nochanges is down the drain with them breaking addons that were working back in the day as well as the guards changes.

I mean, the only thing this version of AV was good for, was to farm honor to buy R13 and 14 gear during the TBC prepatch after they changed the honor system. But I don't see that happening in classic any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Yep it was the worst version for the last few months of Vanilla. Korrak's revenge on Retail is almost the same AV people remember. Blizzard should just copy and paste it into Classic. They can cave in the side paths with the gnolls and trolls/Korrak but keep the rest imo.
    I'm not sure how it's in Korrak's revenge since I havent played BFA, but Korrak was in vanilla AV
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Going for the late vanilla patch for Classic was a mistake to begin with, this is just further proof of that. What a waste.