Page 1 of 2
LastLast

This auras/buffs are so satisfying

This is so satisfying to see, raven addon has some relics of the class before the pruning.

I want a lot of this abilities in the past to come back, or some that are on talents or pvp talents. I was really not to keen about the ones they presented on blizzcon but after seeing this images from the addon "Raven" i just got a slap in the face in a good old nostalgic way.

A bunch of passives... yeah, sounds like a ton of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't dislike buffs and stuff, i dislike buffs and stuff with no visual representation besides the buff in the corner...

Sometimes the class and spec is fun, but you spend more time watching the corner of your screen than watching the game itself.

At some point there were so much buffs and debuffs, comps were complicated, especially in 10 man. Now there are only 3 buff and 2 debuff, so we kinda forced to have a person of these 5 classes as there are no overlaps with other. I'm not sure which system is the best.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

you are entitled to opinion. but your opinion is wrong

I personally enjoy buffs, main reason being that its creates the demand for a versatile comp setup.

I used to play with a bunch of mates 10 man heroic(Mythic now) back in WOTLK (which I wish comes back even if its 5 ilevels lower) and we all had to come up with the best comp so we can get as many buffs as possible, otherwise you run into guilds playing with 7 rogues 7 spriests (bit of an exaggeration but you get my point)

10+ Year Old Account
    They are inconvenient. They are not needed. They give the game more flavour.

The third point is far more important than the other two.
    Speciation Is Gradual

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post

Indeed. I would like Lock nice curses like Exhastion back. or Farie fire removing rogue stealth. Or paladin buffs. Bufs are a Flavor. No buffs = to the class with the best dps or mitigation or healing being chose always. With buffs he class may not be super competitive but it will find groups because it would improve dps or suvival of the group OVERALL

Well i like flavour. i totally miss this tiny things of classes.

Since mythic requires 20 people anyway, why not have the buffs again? It was cool flavor. Blizzard does't have to balance around 10 man anymore. Why NOT reintroduce these buffs again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    At some point there were so much buffs and debuffs, comps were complicated, especially in 10 man. Now there are only 3 buff and 2 debuff, so we kinda forced to have a person of these 5 classes as there are no overlaps with other. I'm not sure which system is the best.
    Personally, I greatly prefer the WoD system - 8 buffs and 5 debuffs, BUT there is quite a bit of overlap, everybody has at least 2 buffs/debuffs, and some have 3 to bring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Personally, I greatly prefer the WoD system - 8 buffs and 5 debuffs, BUT there is quite a bit of overlap, everybody has at least 2 buffs/debuffs, and some have 3 to bring.
    The "problem" now is you have to bring a DH, a monk, a priest, a mage and a warrior in any raid from 10 to 30 man. Buff and debuff are exclusive to these 5 classes (scrolls are weaker and don't exist for debuffs).
    I only say that it could be an issue sometimes (I had some difficulties getting a dh and mage).
    I would like (this is my opinion) that either other classes bring significant buff/debuff or each buff/debuff could be provided by several classes.
    I'm fond of the "bring the player not the class" principle (hc raider, semicasual roster), doubling the sources could be great.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Yep. People really underestimate/miss this point entirely.

Inconveniences that you need to work around / overcome are not inherently bad. All these minor spices come together for the full meal.

There's a reason old expansions are so craved even though they're "worse/not as convenient/not streamlined" in almost every measurable way.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    While that might work in a raid environment, it might open a veritable can of worms in M+. Especially in high keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    While that might work in a raid environment, it might open a veritable can of worms in M+. Especially in high keys.
    The simple answer is to keep what we have now: an int buff, a sta buff, an attack power buff, a magic damage debuff, and a physical damage debuff, and make each brought by another class too.

Magic Damage Debuff -> Warlock, Demon Hunter (Both Demonic in Nature)
    Attack Power Buff -> Shaman, Warrior (Thematically different, but both fit here; Warrior as the muscle, and Shaman used to be a buffer)
    Sta Buff -> Paladin, Priest (Both Holy in Nature)
    Physical Damage Debuff -> Death Knight, Monk (Thematically different, but both fit. DK being all necrotic, Monk for the same as now)
    Int Buff -> Druid, Mage (Both Arcane in Nature)

That's how I'd do it.

This only leaves Rogues and Hunters without some form of major buff/debuff, so...

Shroud -> Rogue, Hunter (Both fit this, too. Hunter with Camouflage, Rogue all sneaky sneak)
    Last edited by Raji; 2019-12-13 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Clarification, fleshing out ideas.

I don’t see how a bunch of 10-60min passives are any fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    The real importance of buffs is to make you feel stronger when you're in a group than you are on your own.
    I don't see any problem with buffs. I do see a problem with essences and all other traits, and stuff that you need to get instead, a single buff when you're on a raid is better than all those traits that "make u feel stronger" too and it's more annoying than buffs itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I don't see any problem with buffs. I do see a problem with essences and all other traits, and stuff that you need to get instead, a single buff when you're on a raid is better than all those traits that "make u feel stronger" too and it's more annoying than buffs itself.
    Amen to that.

When I see a druid or a paladin, I get excited because I am getting a kings, might, or motw, which is crucial for a melee dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Raji View Post
    The simple answer is to keep what we have now: an int buff, a sta buff, an attack power buff, a magic damage debuff, and a physical damage debuff, and make each brought by another class too.

Magic Damage Debuff -> Warlock, Demon Hunter (Both Demonic in Nature)
    Attack Power Buff -> Shaman, Warrior (Thematically different, but both fit here; Warrior as the muscle, and Shaman used to be a buffer)
    Sta Buff -> Paladin, Priest (Both Holy in Nature)
    Physical Damage Debuff -> Death Knight, Monk (Thematically different, but both fit. DK being all necrotic, Monk for the same as now)
    Int Buff -> Druid, Mage (Both Arcane in Nature)

That's how I'd do it.

This only leaves Rogues and Hunters without some form of major buff/debuff, so...

Shroud -> Rogue, Hunter (Both fit this, too. Hunter with Camouflage, Rogue all sneaky sneak)
    I'd totally buy that.
    I like the idea that every class could bring a raid wide mandatory utility, the same way brez/bl are shared amongst several classes.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.