Poll: Clicky clicky

Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Indeed. Good to see the rise of conservatism.
    Great things are about to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Because the Fash can stuff out a campaign of 88% lies and not get called on it.
    do you want to just write all your excuses down into one post so we can get them out of the way quickly, or is this gonna be a week long thing?

- - - Updated - - -

interesting that bercow thinks the Brexit party has actually saved labour in a couple seats that did have huge labour majority's but got slashed to leads of a couple K.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Scottish independence, Irish reunification. Sure, good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Question: If the UK ceases to exist as a result of Scotland leaving the union does that mean England forfeits that permanent security council seat or does there have to be a resolution of some sort.
    Given the historic precedent of the break up of the USSR, everything would go to the legal successor of the UK, as it did Russia when the USSR broke up. "The Kingdom of England and Northern Ireland" would inherit all of the UK's legal obligations and responsibilities.

This would be comparatively a bigger deal with the USSR->Russia (but it wasn't that big a deal). For example, Russia didn't need to resign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty that the USSR signed. It was just understood that where it said "USSR", it now meant "Russia", but didn't mean "Ukraine" or "Belarus".

It would be the same here, where it to happen. Wherever it says "United Kingdom" would just be seen as "Kingdom of England", and not Scotland. If Scotland wanted to dispute that, it would be unprecedented. They probably wouldn't though, considering that getting British nukes out of Scotland is a big SNP issue (there is a major submarine base in Scotland with no replacement in the rest of the island).

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    i shouted, i really did. i kicked and screamed and shouted with every policy released that moved further from the center left liberal stance. they all thought it would win them votes, from god knows where but they thought it would. they thought staying neutral on Brexit would keep both sides of there party voting for them and i shouted and screamed it was stupid.

and now here we are, the election being handed to bojo constituency by constituency.
    That fucking "radical" manifesto didn't help. They went full Red - nationalise everything, free broadband, £10 an hour minimum wage and all the rest of it - and the public were like, woah, ok yeah we need change, but how much is this shit gonna cost? They went too far, and Corbyn couldn't sell sandals to an Arab if his life depended on it. The public didn't buy it and here we are.

It’s a rise of straight up fascism. It comes from a place of blaming ‘the other’.
    Lol oh FFS. The elections over now, you can quit the propaganda.

It's nothing at all about "fascism".
    This whole thing pretending that Johnson is some huge racist homophobe far-righter has just been perpetuated by left wing press and Momentum, based on 10-20 year old comments, mostly out of context.

Even his comment about burqas looking like post-boxes was in an opinion-piece defending people's right to wear them.

Johnson's always been more moderate for a Torie, that's how he won the London mayor. He's still a useless upperclass classist twat.. and a Torie.. but he's not some far right fascist.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Given the historic precedent of the break up of the USSR, everything would go to the legal successor of the UK, as it did Russia when the USSR broke up. "The Kingdom of England and Northern Ireland" would inherit all of the UK's legal obligations and responsibilities.

This would be comparatively a bigger deal with the USSR->Russia (but it wasn't that big a deal). For example, Russia didn't need to resign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty that the USSR signed. It was just understood that where it said "USSR", it now meant "Russia", but didn't mean "Ukraine" or "Belarus".

It would be the same here, where it to happen. Wherever it says "United Kingdom" would just be seen as "Kingdom of England", and not Scotland. If Scotland wanted to dispute that, it would be unprecedented. They probably wouldn't though, considering that getting British nukes out of Scotland is a big SNP issue (there is a major submarine base in Scotland with no replacement in the rest of the island).
    Gotcha.

Boy I bet the fellas weren't foreseeing this end when they were drafting the Atlantic Charter, huh? Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    That fucking "radical" manifesto didn't help. They went full Red - nationalise everything, free broadband, £10 an hour minimum wage and all the rest of it - and the public were like, woah, ok yeah we need change, but how much is this shit gonna cost? They went too far, and Corbyn couldn't sell sandals to an Arab if his life depended on it. The public didn't buy it and here we are.
    Again, the manifesto wasn't radical.

Your position isn't supported by how badly the Lib Dems did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    No, this is the rise of the populist right, not one nation Conservatism as I know it.
    Enlighten me then. I confess I am not well educated about British politics, but what is conservatism there and why do they call the party such? I know what it means here in the US, so assumed it was the same basic principle.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Neither of these things are going to happen. Sturgeons been banging on about if for years but they lost the last referendum and there isn't the support. Boris won't do another vote.

Only Sinn Fein want Irish reunification and they can go fuck themselves. Eveeyone else has made it clear that isn't in the table.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it wasn't so much the nationalisation, but that he was in bed with all the Unions pulling the strings from day one. If all the services were nationalised and given to the unions we'd be in total lockdown.

He did have some good promises, despite the mad costing. The problems were Corbyn and Brexit. The Brexit vote is still too strong.

If they'd just let Brexit happen in October so it was out of the way, and then had LITERALLY ANYONE running in Corbyns place, then I think Labour could have walked it.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Oh, it won't be his fault. It'll be the 'MSM', it'll be the Blairites for not being loyal enough, it'll be Laura Kuenssberg, it'll be Luciana Berger, basically everyone but Corbyn.
    Hell they're already doing it. Essentially "our policies are sound. It was xyz reason."

So how many Jews are you planning to kill in the next Kristallnacht?

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2019-12-13 at 03:16 AM.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scotland becoming independent is very possible imo, not so sure about Irish reunification though.

Enlighten me then. I confess I am not well educated about British politics, but what is conservatism there and why do they call the party such? I know what it means here in the US, so assumed it was the same basic principle.
    To be fair, fascism is just conservativism on meth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Scotland becoming independent is very possible imo, not so sure about Irish reunification though.
    The Withdrawal Agreement that Boris wants to push through effectively creates a hard border down the Irish Sea.

Makes it a lot more likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

No, British independence from the continent. There hasn't been a day like this since Dunkirk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm off to bed, I cannot watch anymore... Hopefully I die in my sleep so I dont have to see the Boris buffooning his way into No.10.

So what exactly is radical about that?

- - - Updated - - -

No, British independence from the continent. There hasn't been a day like this since Dunkirk.
    So who invaded the UK and forced them to join the EU in the first place. Also, who are the EU committing genocide against that the UK wishes to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    So how many Jews are you planning to kill in the next Kristallnacht?
    Tories won, not labour.

it was too much. if you want to move the over all political stance of a country it needs to be in small steps, election by election. too much change puts people off, creates risk, scares people away.

what labour should be 100% focused on atm is just getting into power. doesn't matter how soft left there manifesto needs to be to do it, but they need to get back in power and get governing, then they can start adding in more left wing policy's bit by bit, GE by GE. change in democratic politics takes generations. Brexit was decades in the making to get enough support for that slim majority, in the 90s UKIP was seen as a joke and so was leaving the EU. and yet im wearing that egg for under estimating the brexiteer's. but it was slowly slowly catchy monkey and corby went full far left like a bull rushing a target and this is exactly what happens when you go to radical from what people know.

- - - Updated - - -

you dont have it in the USA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-nation_conservatism

its kinda left ish wing conservationism, or like philanthropy as a political philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    So who invaded the UK and forced them to join the EU in the first place. Also, who are the EU committing genocide against that the UK wishes to stop.
    The elites invaded. They fought them on the beaches and they never surrendered.