Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As someone who worked in marketing, Microsoft needs to fire whoever decided that was an acceptable name, and an acceptable form-factor.

THE NAME:

It's garbage. It's "iPhone 4S". Nothing about it conveys "something NEW". It just sounds like a revised model of something that already exists. Look at the massive fucking failure the Wii U was, for the EXACT same reason. People didn't know it was a new console, they thought it was some add-on for their existing Wii.

THE DESIGN:

It simply doesn't work for most peoples' entertainment centers. As it, it quite literally WILL NOT FIT in most peoples' living room setups. That is a stupid fucking design. I cannot stress enough how massive of a fuck up this really is. People want consoles that that seamlessly integrate into their living rooms. Nobody is going to buy a new fucking entertainment-center or TV stand, simply to appease the design of a console. The form-factor completely disregards the literal space constraints that consoles have to live with. Not unless that thing is perfect safe to sit on its side.

Well it abbreviates sweet at least, XSX.

Lol, people talking about the design because they will magically fit the cooling system for a 4k capable GPU in the old console plebeian design, get real already.

Can easily assume its a 5700 XT variant or generally a Navi 10 variant with a 3700 custom variant in order to pull that off, how they will magically fit the price for all that to logical standard, lets see how it will be.

But i guess if you mass order 20mil 3700 and 5700 XT, the price will drop to logical standards to fit into an averagely 500$+ price.

Because consoles were anything else than a PC with a controller and games simply programmed to specific levels to make life of programmers easy for the last 10-13 years.

So now that they reached space limitations, the console magically turns into an ITX tower and all hell breaks loose.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-12-13 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    As someone who worked in marketing, Microsoft needs to fire whoever decided that was an acceptable name, and an acceptable form-factor.

THE NAME:

It's garbage. It's "iPhone 4S". Nothing about it conveys "something NEW". It just sounds like a revised model of something that already exists. Look at the massive fucking failure the Wii U was, for the EXACT same reason. People didn't know it was a new console, they thought it was some add-on for their existing Wii.

THE DESIGN:

It simply doesn't work for most peoples' entertainment centers. As it, it quite literally WILL NOT FIT in most peoples' living room setups. That is a stupid fucking design. I cannot stress enough how massive of a fuck up this really is. People want consoles that that seamlessly integrate into their living rooms. Nobody is going to buy a new fucking entertainment-center or TV stand, simply to appease the design of a console. The form-factor completely disregards the literal space constraints that consoles have to live with. Not unless that thing is perfect safe to sit on its side.
    I am going to bet you that it can lay down horizontally too, no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Hell, I'm not even sure my TV is 1080p lol. I should really buy a new tv... but big ones are still pricey.

Probably go with the ps5 anyway, all xbox exclusive seem to come to pc.
    No they are not? 4k 50inch were 250$ this year. Im not sure what you think pricey is.

- - - Updated - - -

THE NAME:

THE DESIGN:

Its not as big as you think, it works on its side and will fit fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Looks like a PC.
    its almost as if consoles have been PC's since the original xbox.....

10+ Year Old Account
    People want consoles that that seamlessly integrate into their living rooms. Nobody is going to buy a new fucking entertainment-center or TV stand, simply to appease the design of a console. The form-factor completely disregards the literal space constraints that consoles have to live with. Not unless that thing is perfect safe to sit on its side.
    You must not have been around in the original XBox days, it was literally bigger than ANY VCR/DVD player on the market and fit in exactly ZERO entertainment centers. . . and it sold like hot cakes. If you think people are going to give up their ability to spend 70 dollars a year on Call Of Duty re-releases because the console looks ugly, you're going to have a really bad time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    its almost as if consoles have been PC's since the original xbox.....
    I wouldn't say that, I cant upgrade my consoles with a stick of ram or a new processor, or run windows.

I think eventually, the console and PC market has to merge, this is just the start of that. Console gamers want the power, and PC gamers want the console games. Its a win win.

You must not have been around in the original XBox days, it was literally bigger than ANY VCR/DVD player on the market and fit in exactly ZERO entertainment centers. . . and it sold like hot cakes. If you think people are going to give up their ability to spend 70 dollars a year on Call Of Duty re-releases because the console looks ugly, you're going to have a really bad time.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't say that, I cant upgrade my consoles with a stick of ram or a new processor, or run windows.

I think eventually, the console and PC market has to merge, this is just the start of that. Console gamers want the power, and PC gamers want the console games. Its a win win.
    You cant upgrade apple computers for shit either, doesnt make them any less of a computer. They have had hard drives, disc drives, IO, dedicated graphics. Sounds like a computer to me. People have been saying that consoles will die out in favor of computers for years now. hasnt happened yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant upgrade apple computers for shit either, doesnt make them any less of a computer. They have had hard drives, disc drives, IO, dedicated graphics. Sounds like a computer to me.
    Youre thinking of MACs in the 90s and early 2000s. You can certainly upgrade apple comps now. Not that I would ever purchase an apple product, but you could.

10+ Year Old Account
    God awful name what the fuck are they thinking over there? Anyways design wise I kind of like it but gonna be a pass for me if all Microsoft games are coming to PC like I've read

10+ Year Old Account
    People have been saying that consoles will die out in favor of computers for years now. hasnt happened yet.
    I dont think they will die out. I think the XBox will one day become a PC package. Will still be considered a console. Will still set the "constraints" of software design like consoles do today.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant upgrade apple computers for shit either...
    My Mac has more PCIe and RAM slots than most Windows PCs... hell I even run Windows on it. But that's way off topic.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I just cant get behind a new XBox when their exclusives arent really exclusive if you have a Windows based PC.

A PS5/PC/Switch gaming setup covera all your bases for now.

Youre thinking of MACs in the 90s and early 2000s. You can certainly upgrade apple comps now. Not that I would ever purchase an apple product, but you could.
    a computer isnt defined by the ability to upgrade it or not.

Meh it will likely be the 3rd or 4th gen in a row where the xbox is the weaker console. Which makes you wonder why anyone would settle for it when the exclusives aren't even that good. That's skipping over the fact that people still use "entertainment" furniture in their living room which you likely can't fit this in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Meh it will likely be the 3rd or 4th gen in a row where the xbox is the weaker console. Which makes you wonder why anyone would settle for it when the exclusives aren't even that good. That's skipping over the fact that people still use "entertainment" furniture in their living room which you likely can't fit this in.
    Microsoft makes the money on the services. I admit, I have the gold+game pass setup. I've also had bed experiences with Sony online, security etc. Made me leery of the PS4.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I'm a big Nintendo fan. I own a Switch and I love the product, love the library. I own a PS4 Pro and play it every day(Destiny 2 currently). I own a 4790k with a rtx 2080 in it and it runs great. I haven't touched an Xbox since the 360(besides the controller that came with my Oculus Rift).

Why am I mentioning these things? Because despite all that, I still kinda want this. It looks really cool, and I LOVE Ninja Theory and kinda like the gamepass model(in addition to regular purchases). I can probably do all that from PC, but this thing also looks really cool, lol. Also, I love tech stuff. I think next gen, I'll own a PS5 and an XboxSX, but we'll see. I need more information before I commit to purchase.

Looks like a generic entertainment PC box one would put into their TV room. Wouldn't get an Xbox anyway now since you can play its games on PC.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-12-13 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    is it just my imagination or was the one x more powerfull than the ps4 pro?