Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Alterac honor needs to be nerfed

Alterac needs a nerf! Fast! Like, 1 week ago.
    3k+ honor in 8 minutes with shorter queues and matches than WSG .

It throws the complete honor system out of whack and it was never ever realistically possible to get to R14 in just AV, but here we are, 15 years later and you can nearly afk your way to R14 while staying behind "defending".

Meanwhile you fight against premades in WSG and you can be happy if you get the 3-4k/hour to AVs 20k/hour

Blizzard needs to react before the WSG queue is completely dead and Arathi is dead on arrival.

No changes.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No more changes, please. Classic has been changed enough already, and we knew Alterac's honor would work like that for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by enzi View Post

It throws the complete honor system out of whack and it was never ever realistically possible to get to R14 in just AV, but here we are, 15 years later and you can nearly afk your way to R14 while staying behind "defending".

Meanwhile you fight against premades in WSG and you can be happy if you get the 3-4k/hour to AVs 20k/hour

Blizzard needs to react before the WSG queue is completely dead and Arathi is dead on arrival.
    It's not the honor that needs to be nerfed, just queueing as a premade. Blizzard blocked oQueue for the same reason in the original vanilla, they shouldn't allow it now. That also involves fewer changes to the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    It's not the honor that needs to be nerfed, just queueing as a premade. Blizzard blocked oQueue for the same reason in the original vanilla, they shouldn't allow it now. That also involves fewer changes to the game.
    They did no such thing in Vanilla, preform AV enabler (oqueue was a MoP addon) still worked in Cataclysm.

No Changes...

Remember u wanted Classic and now u got it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Great meme bois! If you want to engage in the brainless #nochanges apathy, keep posting so my thread stays on the front page.

No changes would include no crossrealms and 30 minute queue time for AV.
    I'd be on your side in that case, but changes have been made so you can't just change one thing and ignore the implications.
    AV leading to more honor/hour than WSG is bad game design and balance and will hurt the game for months to come.

Great meme bois! If you want to engage in the brainless #nochanges apathy, keep posting so my thread stays on the front page.

I'd be on your side in that case, but changes have been made so you can't just change one thing and ignore the implications.
    AV leading to more honor/hour than WSG is bad game design and balance and will hurt the game for months to come.
    Crossrealm was in 1.12 tho so that's not a change.

And this is only a problem to you because you prefer wsg over AV. I'm sure ppl that prefer AV are loving this.

It throws the complete honor system out of whack and it was never ever realistically possible to get to R14 in just AV.
    Nah, it was possible if you knew what you were doing and played the required hours. Though the way you went about doing it was different back then. You needed to do a lot of solo honor farming, and as a caster this wasn't too bad, cause you were ranged and can snipe players from far back. Back then you didn't have to join the main group and share your honor. Premading AB/WSG should also be a viable option, however. How else are people even going to get exalted now with those two BG factions with the current AV meta? They have some awesome tabards as a reward, and some nice epics, such as the epic bracers from WSG which is probably pre-raid BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    No changes.
    the irony of no changes is that it actualy is VERY changed,people werent doing this in vanila with AV,it was something a select few knew to take advantage of,so blizz by actualy nerfing it would provide a more accurate vanila experience,but nuance is lost among the fanboys

Crossrealm was introduced in the last patch before BC. 8/22/2006 while BC released on 1/16/2007 which means crossrealms were active in classic for only some months, in a time period absolutely no one cared anymore because BC was coming out.

It's not a problem for people who like AV. As the honor system works relatively they still get a lot of honor. Nerfing it would just mean people who play WSG can actually compete. As it is now, it's mathematically not possible.

1.12 introduced crossrealms BG as one of the major features. The queue times obviously depend on your region and faction, while I cannot say I remember any vanilla post 1.12 waiting times, but I know in early BC there were no AV waiting times (horde EU).

Still the same as it was in vanilla, no one farmed wsg or ab for anything except rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Still the same as it was in vanilla, no one farmed wsg or ab for anything except rep.
    Nah, not on my server in any case. Queue times for AV were long, like 40-50 minutes. Yes, it was the best way to get honor, but you couldn't do it on repeat without any downtime. There weren't cross-realm BGs back then (early vanilla), so you really needed around 40 players on both sides to queue for it to pop. You did WSG/AB in-between. Why? Because you couldn't be in AV all the time, and you were min/maxing your playtime. Not to mention, the AV meta has changed a lot over the years. Not just the playerbase mindset changed, but AV itself was patched a lot during vanilla to make it faster.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the irony of no changes is that it actualy is VERY changed,people werent doing this in vanila with AV,it was something a select few knew to take advantage of,so blizz by actualy nerfing it would provide a more accurate vanila experience,but nuance is lost among the fanboys
    I'm well aware of the irony. That's what makes "No changes" so funny to me.

While I agree with you, I've been doing nearly 20k an hour in wsg. It's way more consistent especially as alliance because some horde mongoloids find fun in stalling av games so av sometimes drop to 10-15k while wsg stays mostly consistent

20k/hour in WSG?
    You get around 1800 bonus honor, so let's say 2k per game with some kills. That means 10 games an hour with average of 6 minutes, not even including waiting time.
    Are you sure it's that high? I mean, even if it is, it's still drastic compared to AV where 15k/hours is average and doesn't need 9 other good players and communication.

Alliance players' brain cells need to be buffed. I can't win an AV to save my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Alliance players' brain cells need to be buffed. I can't win an AV to save my life.
    Isn't Alliance meant to win 10/10 games because Horde is just farming honor?

(I'm not 51+ yet)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the issue some people have with classic is that it's not the same as vanilla. In vanilla, we were all innocent and thought we knew what we needed to know. Well over the years as people continued to play vanilla and majority kept up with normal WoW, those people playing vanilla perfected their craft. They found the best way to do everything as does anyone who practices a craft for years on end. Classic is what vanilla could have been had people known what to do from the get go.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.