Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    And you trust a small minority of people that don't know how releases work. It's coming in 2020. Deal with it.
    The op is nuts if he thinks its coming in year 2021 lol thats not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

there not going to wait almost 4 years to release a new expansion i don't know wtf op is smokeing but i want some now!!!

Newsflash: the date given on preorders is the absolute LATEST the game can be released. If they go past that date for whatever reason, it will mean potential legal trouble for them. And that latest date is December 2020 iirc. So yeah...

Do you feel stupid now after the wc3 news? I know I would if I said "Blizzard isn't new to the publishing game. When they put down a date and allow pre-orders they are SURE they can make it."

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Newsflash: the date given on preorders is the absolute LATEST the game can be released. If they go past that date for whatever reason, it will mean potential legal trouble for them. And that latest date is December 2020 iirc. So yeah...
    Not sure what legal trouble you think will happen? They might have to refund the small handful of people who pre ordered but have now decided they would rather have their money back.

They would probably give those folks (probably less then 1% of total pre orders) refunds anyway it’s not really a hardship.

There are no serious legal problems by pushing the date back 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    but it has
    No, it doesn't. Whether January 28th 2020 is before or after December 31st 2019 does not affect whether "on or before December 31st 2019" is a time range or January 28th 2020 is a specific date.

31.12 was the last possible release day for the game to not make b. statement false advertisment
    Which, again, has nothing to do with what i said. I wasn't even talking about Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It said "on or before". That's not a release date, because it isn't a date. It's a range. January 28th 2020 is a specific date.
    31st of December 2019 is a date.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linuriel View Post
    There is no such thing as a placeholder date. It was the release date. And now it has been pushed back. They couldn't keep their deadline.
    They why does both gamestop and amazon have different "release dates" for the same product? Placeholder dates exist. They are usually dates that will not be missed but in some cases they can be. Blizzard never annouced the official release date as December 31st or before. That was just the date listed on the store page. Things happen. It was delayed. It has only had one official launch date January 28th.

- - - Updated - - -

No. All it means is that they may have to issue refunds. They are not legally obligated to release a product by that date.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Newsflash: You have no clue what you’re talking about. There are absolute zero legal issues when not delivering something on a set date.

It’s like taking UPS to court when delivering one day late.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Alright, there's no point arguing with believers.
    This post is pretty good evidence that you have absolutely no evidence to say it'll be delayed until 2021. If you can give even a tiny bit of indication that shadowlands might be delayed until 2021 other than your feelings, i'd give it some thought. So far though, there's nothing to indicate it.

31st of December 2019 is a date.
    And "on or before 31st of December 2019" is a range. Specificially, the range of dates from now till the 31st December of 2019.

And "on or before 31st of December 2019" is a range. Specificially, the range of dates from now till the 31st December of 2019.
    And your point is?

And your point is?
    And that brings you back to the previous post.

And that brings you back to the previous post.
    Ok so you have none.

Ok so you have none.
    No, you're just not getting it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Blizzard isn't new to the publishing game. When they put down a date and allow pre-orders they are SURE they can make it. They probably are sure they can make it 1-2 month earlier even, the extra time is to adress critical and unforseen problems. That is how you plan a release, no company in existance will make a release claim, cash in on pre-orders and then delay it without a very very very important reason.

This is because by pre-ordering they signed a contract with each and everyone of us and part of that contract is the release date. If they are not delivering by that date they are liable for a legal claim from each and every one of us and we would win those easily. The costs for attorneys and the repercussions and refunds are immense at that point, no company would risk this.

If it actually comes to it that they cannot finish the entirety of Shadowlands at the start then the worst thing that will happen is one of the areas being taken out at first to be added a few weeks after release so they can finish it.
    Which is completely fine, unless you are one of those no-lifers that levels to 60 and finish all areas by playing for 24 hours straight after release and then complain after a week that you have nothing to do and Shadowlands has so little content....
    And all of this just became completely invalidated by the delaying of WC3:Reforged beyond the promised release date.

The mental processes going on in people's heads, the logical "leaps" they make to come up with their absolutely insane conlucsions...eh, those never cease to amaze me.

Claiming that one game being delayed is somehow an indicator that another game will be delayed...I mean, how do people come up with that? Maybe if the same team was working on both games then maaaybe, if we stretched enough, and turned our heads at just the right angle, I COULD see it...but that's just not the case.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with Shadowlands not releasing for a while, but I'd like them to have a huge Beta/PTR patch to access. If it's big enough it should tie people over until the pre-patch/real release date
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

That is correct. My dad is a lawyer and I discussed it with him several times and he thinks that if they delay Shadowlands until 2021, there is likelihood that they will go to jail.

So you think they are in "huge trouble" for missing their officially announced release for War3?

Complete nonsense. Dates on preorders have meant nothing, always have. Pre-orders don't even guarantee that you will not have to pay more when the product is available. Pre-orders also don't guarantee that you get the product your purchased in advance. Pre-orders are a gimmick companies use to try and gauge consumer interest and a good way to drum up sales, as it commits some people into something they may not have otherwise bought on release day. Pre-orders are a non-legally binding sales gimmick, if only people would understand that.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?