Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They can't get diablo 4 loot to drop properly that is one of the fucking easiest things to do. Item factories are a joke to develop. It sounds like it was written to just get people angry.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    But it is sort of the point. The Classic team didn't need a single creative bone in their bodies. All they did was re-heat content that was designed 15 years ago. If someone is going to say that they should replace the Retail team, thats just nonsense, since the team has absolutely no people tasked with designing new content, its an entirely different skillset.

You can make the argument that BfA is bad for all sorts of arguments as much as you want, but saying that the Classic team is a better one is just nonsense, since they lack all the essential parts that would be required for a new expansion: Game Designers. Game Design on Classic concluded 15 years ago.
    The point is that the BFA team is garbage not necessarily that the classic team is any better because it is true that they didn't develop anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Not really, when said 15 year old game is literally the biggest mmo ever that was a cultural phenomenon that people wanted to nostalgia play.
    Apparently it is still a cultural phenomenon 15 years later. You can throw around nostalgia all you want, doesn't make BFA less of a garbage can

With this thread its pretty clear that Shadowlands is canceled and Classic+ is soon to be expected at the end of 2020.

:>
    -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Read through the lines, saw the below 1 million subs, stopped.
    And then people wonder why the classic fabois are toxic, or how the retail dudes hate on classic.
    its extremly posible that it is under 1m,wod reached 3m was it?and i think we can all agree that bfa is far far worse than wod,wod wasnt bad it was just lacking in content,taking that in to consideration plus the people playing classic,its very posbile bfa is in the thausands now

i know this is anecdotal but bfa is the first expansion i stoped playing,and the most friends i have seen stop playing,even in wod we all still played it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hlodvig1505 View Post
    How can classic "team" which brought back old textures and servers replace designers of new content?
    This. /chars

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There is no classic design team as classic has no new content. This is the weakest conspiracy theory in a long time.
    Except there is, because the whole balance between what to keep and what to change. It's a conscious and real choice made by a design team. Do you think it was just a copy paste job?

Quote Originally Posted by hlodvig1505 View Post
    How can classic "team" which brought back old textures and servers replace designers of new content?
    Not sure they would replace them, but I think there's a fear that classic will expose a lot of the talentless morons working on retail, who have unlimited resources and can't match classic in quality, which was rushed out on a tight schedule with limited resources and less technology.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Except there is, because the whole balance between what to keep and what to change. It's a conscious and real choice made by a design team. Do you think it was just a copy paste job?
    picking between already made things is not the same as designing wholly new content, like at all.

At this point basically any team is better than Ion's. I still can't believe he in all seriousness revealed Shadowblands, which seems like a massive, featureless failure. I hope retail team gets replaced asap. Let the designers stay though, can't blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    It's pretty annoying that you can just review a post history and know that someone is baiting, but cannot point it out without being infractioned. It is what it is though.
    That's literally all this site is now, though. The only way they can maintain traffic is by allowing these pointless bait threads to generate 10+ pages of morons arguing about which of Classic and BFA are the worst things to ever happen to WoW, using only clickbait videos from YouTubers who will say anything for views as evidence. It's symptomatic of an internet culture where the most uneducated of children can say something and pretend their opinion actually matters. In fact, I imagine a couple will even reply to me and convince themselves that I care about what they have to say, too, so at least that's amusing.

e: case in point:
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Not sure they would replace them, but I think there's a fear that classic will expose a lot of the talentless morons working on retail, who have unlimited resources and can't match classic in quality, which was rushed out on a tight schedule with limited resources and less technology.
    Imagine actually believing that classic was in any way rushed when it's an almost sixteen year old game with "#nochanges". You people are amazing, please continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    At this point basically any team is better than Ion's. I still can't believe he in all seriousness revealed Shadowblands, which seems like a massive, featureless failure. I hope retail team gets replaced asap. Let the designers stay though, can't blame them.
    "Stop adding dumb new features just fix all these broken things"
    "Okay, we'll only add a couple features and focus on fixing existing systems"
    "Yo what the fuck, where are all the new features, why are you idiots just fixing existing things?"

How sad it must be to live a life where seeing something that you love succeeding isn't enough... you have to also fantasize about something that someone else loves failing.

The title is obvious clickbait and I’m not sure what the actual purpose of this survey is being used for, but I do think that the retail team has to step up their game after a very lackluster expansion that many have quit by now. Shadowlands looks incredibly bland so far other than some cool looking art and story potential. It feels by far the smallest expansion that barely adds anything new. I doubt that Classic is pulling players from retail away in droves, but due to the retail teams incompetence it is actually because of them why people are leaving to other games.

Lol and when classic is out of content they’ll be fine. Isn’t it just waiting to click a release button now?

Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    Whether it's the BFA-Classic Survey that was just leaked (See 1), or the leaks from a disgruntled employee that came out in the Summer (See 2), two things have become quite clear:
    BFA is a Catastrophe, and the Retail team is SCARED!

Sources:

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7SKM5HAFsA (Leaked Blizzard survey about BFA/Classic)
    2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufOxzM3e8Ho (Summer 2019 Leaks from Disgruntled Employee)
    3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct51GNS7Epw (First BFA survey)

According to the internal leaks (2), BFA was a catastrophe that the Retail team refused to acknowledge, even though subscriber numbers dipped below 1 Million.

Now apparently the Retail team was becoming afraid that the Classic team was going to replace them, and when you compound that with the fact subscriber numbers went up a reported 233% when Classic came out, had over a Million viewers on Twitch, and won the PC Game of the Year 2019 at the Golden Joystick awards; something BFA did NOT win, you can see why the Retail team is scared about keeping their jobs.

Remember, this is the SECOND BFA survey Blizzard has sent out in a year. Because it looks like they're desperate to get people to play this dumpster-fire of an expansion.

They even had a question in the survey (1) to see if you even knew the name of the next expansion...pre-orders must be really low.

I wonder why.

I wonder why people don't want to buy re-hashed garbage expansions...it's a real mystery to me.

I thought people liked doing World quests, Mission tables, collecting mounts, pets, and achievements.

Classic is dominating the game right now, and the Retail team are scared their jobs might be on the chopping block next.
    Nice try on trolling but im not falling for it or clicking any of that sir lol!

Imagine thinking a mediocre expansion is a bad one when there's legit bad ones like WoD or worst of them all Cata. Talk about losing perspective.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    Whether it's the BFA-Classic Survey that was just leaked (See 1), or the leaks from a disgruntled employee that came out in the Summer (See 2), two things have become quite clear:
    BFA is a Catastrophe, and the Retail team is SCARED!

Sources:

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7SKM5HAFsA (Leaked Blizzard survey about BFA/Classic)
    2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufOxzM3e8Ho (Summer 2019 Leaks from Disgruntled Employee)
    3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct51GNS7Epw (First BFA survey)

According to the internal leaks (2), BFA was a catastrophe that the Retail team refused to acknowledge, even though subscriber numbers dipped below 1 Million.

Now apparently the Retail team was becoming afraid that the Classic team was going to replace them, and when you compound that with the fact subscriber numbers went up a reported 233% when Classic came out, had over a Million viewers on Twitch, and won the PC Game of the Year 2019 at the Golden Joystick awards; something BFA did NOT win, you can see why the Retail team is scared about keeping their jobs.

Remember, this is the SECOND BFA survey Blizzard has sent out in a year. Because it looks like they're desperate to get people to play this dumpster-fire of an expansion.

They even had a question in the survey (1) to see if you even knew the name of the next expansion...pre-orders must be really low.

I wonder why.

I wonder why people don't want to buy re-hashed garbage expansions...it's a real mystery to me.

I thought people liked doing World quests, Mission tables, collecting mounts, pets, and achievements.

Classic is dominating the game right now, and the Retail team are scared their jobs might be on the chopping block next.
    Why on earth would you believe these surveys are legit? Do you really think blizz is stupid enough to trust people to not leak them?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Ayyy this will be a good thread

You'r right OP, Classic is dominating the Retail and it's not even a competition anymore - BfA is really bad. When they demote Ion Hazzaquestions and let the Super Classic Bros. Team launch World of WoW 2 we'll see the second golden age of MMORPGs.
    Ion Hazzikostas is game director on Classic too.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its extremly posible that it is under 1m,wod reached 3m was it?and i think we can all agree that bfa is far far worse than wod,wod wasnt bad it was just lacking in content,taking that in to consideration plus the people playing classic,its very posbile bfa is in the thausands now

i know this is anecdotal but bfa is the first expansion i stoped playing,and the most friends i have seen stop playing,even in wod we all still played it
    WoD peaked at 10 mil. Try again.

All they need to do is add High elves and a lot of people would come back for a few weeks. xD
    Then all they need to do is make a better game and they're set.