Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The ones willing to shell out huge amounts of cash are few. The real time to see whether "it worked" or not is when we near the removal date where people with 3mio-4.9mio gold are running out of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They do return to the game. But only someone naive thinks players will return to a game for one mount.
    Plenty of people have Store Mounts and don't buy such things to support Blizzard, but to simply have a mount. There are people resubbing right now to grab the event mounts. There are people who resubbed to grab the friendship moose and bird. There are people who resubbed to grab Mage Tower skins. There are people who resubbed for the CM sets and mounts. There are people who bought a year of membership just so that they could get the mount from D3's promotion.

It's perfectly logical that a portion of such players would continue to do the same thing and grab this mount. Not all, as it requires more commitment, but there will definitely be some. There will be a lot who try and most will give up after a month or two when they realize the commitment, but Blizzard still stands to gain off that.

This being announced alongside 3 other limited time mounts is no coincidence. It's smart marketing.
    Last edited by Lime; 2019-12-17 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Plenty of people have Store Mounts and don't buy such things to support Blizzard, but to simply have a mount. There are people resubbing right now to grab the event mounts. There are people who resubbed to grab the friendship moose and bird. There are people who resubbed to grab Mage Tower skins. There are people who resubbed for the CM sets and mounts. There are people who bought a year of membership just so that they could get the mount from D3's promotion.

It's perfectly logical that a portion of such players would continue to do the same thing and grab this mount. Not all, as it requires more commitment, but there will definitely be some. There will be a lot who try and most will give up after a month or two when they realize the commitment, but Blizzard still stands to gain off that.

This being announced alongside 3 other limited time mounts is no coincidence. It's smart marketing.
    The key word is EVENT. That means they re-subbed for the EVENT. There is no event tied to the brutosaur mount. Again, you are naive if you think people re-sub for just a mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    The key word is EVENT.
    Irrelevant. I have friends who are resubbed to grab all 3 mounts. They're looking forward to Shadowlands, not 8.3. They'll be gone long before 8.3 gets here.

People resubbing to pick up limited time items is not outlandish. But if you wish to pretend otherwise, you do you.

The key word is EVENT. That means they re-subbed for the EVENT. There is no event tied to the brutosaur mount. Again, you are naive if you think people re-sub for just a mount.
    Poeple dont give a fuck about the EVENT compared to deathwing MOUNT.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Poeple dont give a fuck about the EVENT compared to deathwing MOUNT.
    But they aren't coming back solely for the mount. No point if you are not going to ever use it.

But they aren't coming back solely for the mount. No point if you are not going to ever use it.
    Gonna catch em all!. It is very valid reason to get something, put it into a cage and never use it

15+ Year Old Account
    People resubbing to pick up limited time items is not outlandish. But if you wish to pretend otherwise, you do you.
    But there is a difference between resubbing for a month to pick up a limited time event reward and resubbing for a year to grind out gold for a mount that has been around all expansion but only recently announced it is going away.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But there is a difference between resubbing for a month to pick up a limited time event reward and resubbing for a year to grind out gold for a mount that has been around all expansion but only recently announced it is going away.
    There is. I went into that earlier.

Blizzard stands to profit off anyone who makes the attempt. That said, I highly doubt that's the reason for it, but you've already heard mine, so I'll spare that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Couple things...

If anyone thinks this is to "boost token sales", then they are dumb. Period. At current prices, it takes 27 tokens to do it. 27x$20 = $540. Only fools would spend that much.
    You think microtransactions are designed for people who watch how much they are spending?

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    You think microtransactions are designed for people who watch how much they are spending?
    So the people who this is designed for already bought the mount with tokens long before this "push", okay.

it's a dinosaur with an auction house. save your money and just watch jurassic park while using one of your hearthstones.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    it's a dinosaur with an auction house. save your money and just watch jurassic park while using one of your hearthstones.
    as long as not a single person ... buy tokens for that shit and throw 7 dollars to activi$$ion blizzgreed for every token ever passes the AH, for doing nothing, ... as long i am fine with EVERYTHING.

cheesus, how i hate what a greedy fucked up shit fest that company became.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    as long as not a single person ... buy tokens for that shit and throw 7 dollars to activi$$ion blizzgreed for every token ever passes the AH, for doing nothing, ... as long i am fine with EVERYTHING.

cheesus, how i hate what a greedy fucked up shit fest that company became.
    i buy things occasionally on the cartel market (SWTOR), but 20 dollars goes a long way there. that math a couple posts above is just obscene. $540 dollars if you wanted to outright buy that mount. i would think no one would bat an eye if they just sold it on the bnet store for like 50 bucks. it's a mount you'll use forever more while playing this game, 50 dollars almost sounds reasonable to frugal old me. they could probably get more people to buy it that way.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    So the people who this is designed for already bought the mount with tokens long before this "push", okay.
    Its not a binary condition.

tinfoil hat overload tinfoil hat overload

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i buy things occasionally on the cartel market (SWTOR), but 20 dollars goes a long way there. that math a couple posts above is just obscene. $540 dollars if you wanted to outright buy that mount. i would think no one would bat an eye if they just sold it on the bnet store for like 50 bucks. it's a mount you'll use forever more while playing this game, 50 dollars almost sounds reasonable to frugal old me. they could probably get more people to buy it that way.
    this seems not the problem to me. its more about ppl have some millions and fill up with 1-2-3 tokens, because they have so much gold anyway and that mount gives a good reason to use that gold. also there will be ppl farm towards this mount and when realizing they not soon enough get the rest of the gold -> bling bling, token fill ups.

besides that, they give above ppl, that maybe lay down sub for 2-3 months, a good reason not to pause their sub, but instead farm gold for mount, because „you can not do later“, i.e. in next xpacs end phase, when you have time. its simple: „q: we dont have any grind systems that bind ppl any longer, because they have no reasons, so what shall we do? a: give em unique mount gold grind instead“.

its all about $$$. nothing else.

small side note:

tell blizz the following „if such things are not about greed just make your financial incoming with this stuff transparent. show the world your numbers.“

they. will. not.

15+ Year Old Account
    because „you can not do later“, i.e. in next xpacs end phase, when you have time.
    If they are not subscribed now then they won't be subscribed later. Every they do is about money. They are a for profit business. The entire goal is to make money and always has been. They also will not show all of their information to the world because of people that twist, crucify, and create conspiracies. There is no reason for them to be 100% transparent for everything they do.

I highly doubt you are willing to do the same so holding them to a higher standard is dumb.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If they are not subscribed now then they won't be subscribed later. Every they do is about money. They are a for profit business. The entire goal is to make money and always has been. They also will not show all of their information to the world because of people that twist, crucify, and create conspiracies. There is no reason for them to be 100% transparent for everything they do.

I highly doubt you are willing to do the same so holding them to a higher standard is dumb.
    ofc, its true what you say. its just the methods how to make money as a company. if the product itself (in that case a good game) is in focus, well, all ok with makin money. when the game is just a cheap shit transport medium for a lot of cash grab systems, well...

and the second thing is: how agressive, and foremost how greedy you are, with makin money.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-12-22 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ofc, its true what you say. its just the methods how to make money as a company. if the product itself (in that case a good game) is in focus, well, all ok with makin money. when the game is just a cheap shit transport medium for a lot of cash grab systems, well...

and the second thing is: how agressive, and foremost how greedy you are, with makin money.
    Well... there is a way to let the company know you disagree with their policies, direction, color of their logo or whatever irks you... you stop giving them your money.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.