Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Between multiple copies of every Blizzard and Activision products, lots of in-game goodies, Virtual Tickets every year, and the subscription for close to 5 years, including a 2nd account for a big part of it, and already having the next year sub'd... i'd reckon i saved a mega-ton of euros. Had i farmed for it, it wouldn't be worth the time, but when you make tens of millions by selling challenge modes, mythic+ and heroic\raid mythic kills and mounts... content that you would do regardless of getting the gold, with no additional effort, i feel like it's well worth it.

Blizzard made thousands out of me, but i can't complain since i don't even remember the last time i paid anything Blizzard with real life money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe 2-3 tokens, rest i just pay monthly.
    Im happy to pay for a game that gives me years of lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    Going back through my transaction history everything purchased with battle.net balance and/or tokens comes out to about $2,150 total. I can't exactly say it's "saved" me that much though because if it weren't for tokens I probably would not have bought even half that much stuff and possibly would have just quit altogether a lot sooner than I did.
    Similar story with me, I'm sure I wouldn't have bought half the stuff I bought in legion if I had to pay real $$$ for it and gold wasn't so easy to make back then from missions, bloods of sargeras, obliterum shuffle, or w/e else I could do semi-afk while doing something else on a side (house chores, eating, reading news, etc. you could even log from phone at work and flip the missions).

Since BFA decided to be super stingy with giving players gold without excessive grinding, I obviously toned down my expenses and haven't bought recent store mounts, toys or w/e else, collector edition upgrade for shadowlands, I cut on racechanges to my characters and so forth. I only pay bare minimum that is sub and base xpac box, actually sub I had rolling still for legion gold.

When you live in a country where an average monthly salary translates to 500-600$ thanks to currency exchange rates, then paying with gold becomes a much more exciting prospect. There's a reason tokens on EU are like +50% than what they're in US, maybe a bit less disparity now that gold is much harder to obtain but in legion it was super obvious.

About 100$ till now . But I try to enjoy my gold for ingame things

1000+ euros when I checked last time, maybe a bit more, can add at least a 100 euros. Saying that, no way I had race changed, faction/server changed(way too expensive) boosted or buying shop stuff this much if it was "real" money.

Class Hall Gold in Legion ftw. 42.5k gold per day in average from that alone the last 9 months before they took it away. And then we have the gold I got from the first half of Legion. Followers giving 150g each World Quest was epic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    So how about you all. Anyone have an exact figure?
    Zero. Rather spending my time actually playing the game than farming gold to pay for the subs. I do not have as much time to play as I would like so rather spend money than spend time on the sub.

Far less than I spend on coke and whores. If only my dealer and pimps accepted wow gold for payment then I would be ahead of the game

How many alts would it take to pay for a token every month if you use them all to run all the old raids every week?

payed only for one sub with money after they got released, so i guess a decent sum

79 tokens so little over 1000 euros.

13€. Just been able to bought one before price soars to 100k and up. I'm poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Paid for my wow sub ever since they came out. Plus bought Warcraft Remastered, Overwatch, and some WoW expansions with them, along with $300 in bnet cash. You could literally print gold in Legion for no effort, so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    So the WoW token launched on April 7, 2014. Which is two expansion (Legion and BfA) and 54 months ago.

Since the launch I don't think I've paid for my sub once, though I do still buy the expansion with cash but have payed for a race change with the token during the sale this year.

So all told using the token has saved me probably pretty close to the $810 if I had kept my sub active since token launch. (I take breaks because why wouldn't you?)

So how about you all. Anyone have an exact figure?
    you realize that you helped blizz with earning 54 x 7 dollars for doing nothing ? because every token you can buy on AH (and used for a 13 dollars sub) MUST been earned in shop for 20 dollars from someone else.

every token ever passes the ah, aka every token ever used, brought blizz 7 bugs for completely doing nothing. they make billions with that.

and ppl ask theirselfes why quality in wow decreases more and more. heck, you ppl pay them for doing nothing. why the hell put investments in a game, when you can get more money with ppl playing the game, by doing nothing, than with attracting ppl/subs by a good game ?

None. I have always paid 6 months at a time since I started in 2005. Plus I have never had more than 100k gold.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2019-12-22 at 06:37 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Paid for my wow sub ever since they came out. Plus bought Warcraft Remastered, Overwatch, and some WoW expansions with them, along with $300 in bnet cash. You could literally print gold in Legion for no effort, so why not?
    see above. you do not print gold/money, you print it for blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    79 tokens so little over 1000 euros.

fuck. this is 79x7 = 553 dollars for blizz, by doing nothing, from you alone. fuck. hell.

since it's been announced i haven't paid for a single blizzard product with real currency.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Roughly $200ish between buying the deluxe editions of both Destiny 2 and Destiny 2: Forsaken

Probably a €1000.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Zero. I dont play to farm gold or care much at all about it.
    This. Whatever I earn in-game, I spend on in-game things. The way I play doesn't generate enough in game gold to let me buy tokens + have money for other stuff I want. And I don't feel compelled too. I'm not 15 years old anymore and I have a job that allows me to spend 13 euro monthly, or whatever it is.

I actually bought 6 tokens since I came back to the game in 2017. So I guess the answer would be... -180eur?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    How many alts would it take to pay for a token every month if you use them all to run all the old raids every week?
    If you actually compare time spent vs $ saved I am sure doing some handywork to get $15 is way faster than running old raids.

On my server it would take about 13 alts with alchemy to transmute anchor weed daily to make enough for a token (150g herbs turn into 750g anchor weed, so 600g per char per day = 234k per month). I park mine at Rustfeather to have a chance of killing it while logging through them.

On topic: paid my sub with token since they exist (hint: get battle net balance for them and buy 6 month gametime to save a couple bucks), also bought expansions with gold. So... about €500