Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

URGENT Classic FIXES TO DO

I'm a player who since classic released I used to play around 2-5h almost everyday. I did my levelling, I did my raids, my gold farming, my world pvp and my overall grinding to get everything in spot to keep enjoying the game. I was excited about how Classic was looking. Sadly now I'm not, and I thought about sharing my opinions on what should be done urgently in game to make it way better for "casual" players like me and don't lose me as a player.

1. BGS
    - make premades to meet only premades. Specially in WSG. Its soo frustrating and disappointing to wait 8-18 mins of que, to than meet an enemy team who has absolutely 99.9% chances on winning. BGS got a factor of RNG, but thats way too much. Basically meeting premades all the time, at any damn time of the day, made me quit almost. And NO, don't tell me I shall simply make a premade myself, because it's NOT FUNNY winning destroying pugs. I get 0 satisfaction from doing that.

- Thats not required, but would be cool to have a sort of comp while you try to que, like making sure each team has the same amount of healers, or minimum 2. (basically the concept is the same, but less important, try to make the game less RNG as possible when it gets into losing 30 minutes of our lives into something that is just a big announced and frustrating loss).

2. PVP Rank System
    - Yeah, I have been told about the "haha r14 is impossible lololoolollll", I totally agree with that right now. I'm not a classic player so I don't know what will happen, however I know 1 thing, way too many players are getting frustrated because doing bgs today has absolutely 0 sense. 0. 0 relevant rewards. 0 feeling of progress. I'm joining bgs just to have some fun, do some duels and log off, if the system would reward me for winning like a normal player I would play way more and enjoy it a lot more. The WORST part is that NONE of the crazy grinders that play 14h / day AV, are even enjoying it. None likes this system made exception probably for the 0.1% of the players, which is damaging the other 99.9%.

If any fix is coming soon about that, my request is, fix it NOW... don't make us wait 2-4-10 months for that. It's needed NOW.

3. World PVP
    - Give x2/x3 more honour reward if someone does world pvp. Give people an actual reason to keep doing SOME of it instead of JUST spamming bgs. It was kinda fun and its worth to give something relevant to people who are still doing it to keep doing it instead of falling too much behind and having 0 fun.

In short, this IS what should be done in my opinion to keep players interested on it. Classic shouldn't be a 0 fun fiesta just because it WAS LIKE THIS before. None cares. Or at least, 90% players don't care. This 10% shouldn't damage the experience of the other 90%. For the ones that will critique me here on this forum, think about 1 thing, is it better to slowly get classic to 1/10 of its current players to "keep the game how it was before"? I guess we all like the fact classic its active, but for me the current state made me to pass from playing as I said 2-4h/day to 5-7h/week. If this will be the trend, ill play less and less and less till ill simply quit.

Probably none will read this, soz for my eng

I'm betting you play a rogue

Quote Originally Posted by bakibuki View Post
    I'm a player who since classic released I used to play around 2-5h almost everyday. I did my levelling, I did my raids, my gold farming, my world pvp and my overall grinding to get everything in spot to keep enjoying the game. I was excited about how Classic was looking. Sadly now I'm not, and I thought about sharing my opinions on what should be done urgently in game to make it way better for "casual" players like me and don't lose me as a player.

1. BGS
    - make premades to meet only premades. Specially in WSG. Its soo frustrating and disappointing to wait 8-18 mins of que, to than meet an enemy team who has absolutely 99.9% chances on winning. BGS got a factor of RNG, but thats way too much. Basically meeting premades all the time, at any damn time of the day, made me quit almost. And NO, don't tell me I shall simply make a premade myself, because it's NOT FUNNY winning destroying pugs. I get 0 satisfaction from doing that.

- Thats not required, but would be cool to have a sort of comp while you try to que, like making sure each team has the same amount of healers, or minimum 2. (basically the concept is the same, but less important, try to make the game less RNG as possible when it gets into losing 30 minutes of our lives into something that is just a big announced and frustrating loss).

2. PVP Rank System
    - Yeah, I have been told about the "haha r14 is impossible lololoolollll", I totally agree with that right now. I'm not a classic player so I don't know what will happen, however I know 1 thing, way too many players are getting frustrated because doing bgs today has absolutely 0 sense. 0. 0 relevant rewards. 0 feeling of progress. I'm joining bgs just to have some fun, do some duels and log off, if the system would reward me for winning like a normal player I would play way more and enjoy it a lot more. The WORST part is that NONE of the crazy grinders that play 14h / day AV, are even enjoying it. None likes this system made exception probably for the 0.1% of the players, which is damaging the other 99.9%.

If any fix is coming soon about that, my request is, fix it NOW... don't make us wait 2-4-10 months for that. It's needed NOW.

3. World PVP
    - Give x2/x3 more honour reward if someone does world pvp. Give people an actual reason to keep doing SOME of it instead of JUST spamming bgs. It was kinda fun and its worth to give something relevant to people who are still doing it to keep doing it instead of falling too much behind and having 0 fun.

In short, this IS what should be done in my opinion to keep players interested on it. Classic shouldn't be a 0 fun fiesta just because it WAS LIKE THIS before. None cares. Or at least, 90% players don't care. This 10% shouldn't damage the experience of the other 90%. For the ones that will critique me here on this forum, think about 1 thing, is it better to slowly get classic to 1/10 of its current players to "keep the game how it was before"? I guess we all like the fact classic its active, but for me the current state made me to pass from playing as I said 2-4h/day to 5-7h/week. If this will be the trend, ill play less and less and less till ill simply quit.

100% none of what you suggested will be done because it's not how it was in vanilla. Those rewards are for the people willing to invest 12+ hours a day into it and were never intended for the casual player to get. If premade only ever met premade the win trading would be more out of control than its already going to be. The ques would also be 5 times as long for them.
    World pvp is going strong on most PVP servers, you must be on a carebear server if there isn't WPVP happening... and that makes sense as most players get on a pve server to NOT pvp....

That is not Vanilla was so no, thanks.

1. BGS

2. PVP Rank System

3. World PVP

Wont happen mate.

Vanilla is what people asked for, thats what they are getting.

Want R14 > do it like we did it. premade, lose your life, your job, your sleep and farm mindlessly.

world pvp is what it was.

If the vanilla experience is not for you, you should not play it. Clearly there is a reason why the game morphed and changed over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    That is not Vanilla was so no, thanks.
    you know what else was not vanilla?

Starting with 15 year knowledge
    having updated itemization ready at launch
    99% of all pvpers running arround with engineering destroying pretty much any possible fun

I'm not a classic player
    nuff said lol

Classic doesn't need "fixed" its players do

Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    Non-sequitur

We're playing 1.12 and we all knew that going in. 1.12 is certainly Vanilla.

99% of all pvpers running arround with engineering destroying pretty much any possible fun
    Another non-sequitur that ties into the first one.

OP presented things that will change core gameplay.
    It is not hard to understand.

Blizzard and urgent fixes, 15 years and people still havent learned.

The sad part is that NONE managed to say anything relevant so far. Basically feels like all the people that would ever bother reading this posts are the 0.1% of the players that like this system... what you guys just don't understand it's that wow is 0 without players, and making the game overall better for the majority will keep it alive.

Basically all the quotes I had here, are about the fact classic IS BAD and it MUST BE BAD ^^.

To the guy who said "people would win trade if premades meet only premades" I tell him:
    - This "wintrading" shouldn't be ruining the wow WSG experience to ALL players in order to make sure a small % won't try to cheat. TONS of people are quitting everyday due to that.
    - If wintrading its the problem, simply add a rule, X team can't meet Y team more than 1 time every h. Problem solved genius. If the core team (at least 3 people out of 10) are the same people, make the rule apply even if some members are changed. Pretty easy hah?

To the guy. that talks about world pvp:
    - read again, its a problem it must be fixed, im saying that a guy that focuses world pvp or likes to do WSG (yes, which is x100000 more fun than spamming AV) should give IF not the SAME rewards as av, at least close to it in some way. World pvp atm compared to BGS its like 10%. Make it in proportion:
    - av 100%
    - wsg 70%
    - world pvp 45%

Pretty easy to understand, and would keep people motivated to do so.

The past relevant thing to mention right now is, I asked many people im playing classic with, on my "dead server" (dreadmist, so not a low pop PVE server) and NONE was happy about the SAME things im complaining about here.

Classic shouldn't be the BAD version of. the game, and we shouldn't just go retail or quit, because retail its NOT classic for MANY reasons. 1 of this for example, which its pretty OBVIOUS its that BGS have 0 meaning, instead they are the CORE of classic end game. Why? Because people do the content that gives them REWARDS and a feeling of PROGRESS. Why not making this feeling better and possible for 99.9% players?

LAST thing and I won't write again, the r14 shouldn't be the IMPOSSIBLE thing, why? ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY. FOR NONE. the guys that are doing it, have 0 fun doing it. Change the system, I could think about something way better just in 10 minutes, and YOU guys should aim the same, for keeping classic alive cos classic didn't bring JUST the old game back to life, it brought WOW back to life because it was different in some CORE parts that until now didn't bother as much as the things I mentioned that just came up with the BGS and so on. As simple as that.

3+ Year Old Account

1. BGS

2. PVP Rank System

3. World PVP

Sooooo, what im reading is... Boo hoo, me millenial, me want instant gratifcation. Me want to feel rewarded for something as soon as i do it. Me dont like wait for rewards.. WAHHH WAHHHH.

Listen bud, those of us that pushed for a legit classic server all of these years.... pushed for the server that is out. This is what WE wanted. If you want to play live, play live, but if you want the actual classic experience, which this is, then play classic. Stop cyring and buck up buttercup.

The sad part is that NONE managed to say anything relevant so far. Basically feels like all the people that would ever bother reading this posts are the 0.1% of the players that like this system... what you guys just don't understand it's that wow is 0 without players, and making the game overall better for the majority will keep it alive.

Basically all the quotes I had here, are about the fact classic IS BAD and it MUST BE BAD ^^.

To the guy who said "people would win trade if premades meet only premades" I tell him:
    - This "wintrading" shouldn't be ruining the wow WSG experience to ALL players in order to make sure a small % won't try to cheat. TONS of people are quitting everyday due to that.
    - If wintrading its the problem, simply add a rule, X team can't meet Y team more than 1 time every h. Problem solved genius. If the core team (at least 3 people out of 10) are the same people, make the rule apply even if some members are changed. Pretty easy hah?

- read again, its a problem it must be fixed, im saying that a guy that focuses world pvp or likes to do WSG (yes, which is x100000 more fun than spamming AV) should give IF not the SAME rewards as av, at least close to it in some way. World pvp atm compared to BGS its like 10%. Make it in proportion:
    - av 100%
    - wsg 70%
    - world pvp 45%

The past relevant thing to mention right now is, I asked many people im playing classic with, on my "dead server" (dreadmist, so not a low pop PVE server) and NONE was happy about the SAME things im complaining about here.

Classic shouldn't be the BAD version of. the game, and we shouldn't just go retail or quit, because retail its NOT classic for MANY reasons. 1 of this for example, which its pretty OBVIOUS its that BGS have 0 meaning, instead they are the CORE of classic end game. Why? Because people do the content that gives them REWARDS and a feeling of PROGRESS. Why not making this feeling better and possible for 99.9% players?

LAST thing and I won't write again, the r14 shouldn't be the IMPOSSIBLE thing, why? ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY. FOR NONE. the guys that are doing it, have 0 fun doing it. Change the system, I could think about something way better just in 10 minutes, and YOU guys should aim the same, for keeping classic alive cos classic didn't bring JUST the old game back to life, it brought WOW back to life because it was different in some CORE parts that until now didn't bother as much as the things I mentioned that just came up with the BGS and so on. As simple as that.
    It's not about liking or disliking, people wanted vanilla and that's what blizzard gave them. There are many things that would make the game better in my opinion but if they start doing changes it's just gonna get further and further away from what it's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Sooooo, what im reading is... Boo hoo, me millenial, me want instant gratifcation. Me want to feel rewarded for something as soon as i do it. Me dont like wait for rewards.. WAHHH WAHHHH.

Listen bud, those of us that pushed for a legit classic server all of these years.... pushed for the server that is out. This is what WE wanted. If you want to play live, play live, but if you want the actual classic experience, which this is, then play classic. Stop cyring and buck up buttercup.
    Wouldn't mind if they would actually polish classic up without going down the same road as wrath of the lich king.

this is not the Blizzard forum, you've wasted your time.

also, no changes to Classic... go back to retail if you cannot handle it.

10+ Year Old Account

It's not about it being bad, it's about it being true to the original game design. This is what vanilla players screeched at the devs for years about, so this is what we got. For all the Brack shaming that has gone on since classic's launch, we need to take the good with the bad.

Personally, I would like to see major fixes to the game as well, but only once all the "nostalgia" phases are done. This would presumably be the best time to start "Classic+".

WSG is always going to be the most annoying BG to play in Classic, because there is no timer. If you're getting stomped there, I can tell you from experience that you can do a lot more in AV to change the outcome of the game. It may seem like a brainless zerg rush, but once you understand the deeper mechanics of the game and know how to rally other players, you can change the outcome entirely. Things like backcapping, slowing zergs, defending faction bosses, pulling GY mobs while mounted so the guy behind you can quick-cap a graveyard...there is a lot of subtle strategy here. WSG is fun for premades, but if you're solo-queueing, you'll have more "player agency" in AV.

- av 100%
    - wsg 70%
    - world pvp 45%

Phase 2 world pvp was a massive dumpster fire, and BG's are the only thing that saved all the PvP servers from becoming single-faction realms. Do you really want these servers to die off by incentivizing corpse camping again?

I will concede that the AFKers and account-sharers should be punished, they are abusing the game for personal gain.

But the rank system should remain its tedious and difficult self. Classic has showered us with nerfs and talent-balances that vanilla didn't have at launch. None of the PvP gear is mandatory and they should remain prestigious. It sucks that people are essentially cheating to get ahead right now, but all Blizz needs to do is punish the cheaters and fix the loopholes, as they have done in the past.

To nerf the rank system itself would be to dishonour the idea of classic.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually, most serious pvpers were using engineering in vanilla.