Poll: Who is the best archer on Azeroth?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Sylvanas basically did a power-slide into Arthas' sword, instead of remaining at range and, y'know, being an archer.

EDIT: wow, my brain farted, and voted Vereesa instead of Alleria. Go me.
    Exactly...she may be strong now but it isn't because of her archery skills.

3+ Year Old Account
    Sterling Mallory Archer, obviously.

But probably one of the Windrunner sisters; take your pick as to which.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

Sylvanas basically did a power-slide into Arthas' sword, instead of remaining at range and, y'know, being an archer.

EDIT: wow, my brain farted, and voted Vereesa instead of Alleria. Go me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    But her power has nothing to do with her skills and everything to do with the jailer
    The question is not about who is the smartest, nor is it about shadow powers.

It's about archery prowess. And the archery feats attested to Sylvanas are so totally absurd they would not look out of place in the Matrix.

As said, I don't even like Sylvanas, but the omghaxx0r level of skill the writers have assigned to her is basically godmode (if she chose to use it).

Well me and my hunter, naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    Pretty sure "smartness" plays a big role here, considering it basically dictates how one utilizes said 'skill'.

Didnt they say that shit was just an artistic liberty?

It's about archery prowess. And the archery feats attested to Sylvanas are so totally absurd they would not look out of place in the Matrix.

As said, I don't even like Sylvanas, but the omghaxx0r level of skill the writers have assigned to her is basically godmode (if she chose to use it).
    Which feats? Her ability to pierce that rock pillar Bolvar launched at her with her arrow (it's the only one that stands out)? That's not really a display of archery but of physical strength, which again is granted to her by the Jailer.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-12-24 at 10:11 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    The archers in AV

Archer skills? Pretty sure it's Alleria.

sylvanas has been more than once considered the best archer.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    sorry haters, like it or not, it's clearly Sylvanas.
    "Savor it." - Sylvanas
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thousand years shooting at what amounts to fish in a barrel doesnt make you THAT good.
    She was imprisoned for half of that time, enjoying half a millennium of muscle atrophy. On top of that the amazeballs Army of the Light spent most of the time skulking around and avoiding being detected, so even most of that 500 years she didn't spend rotting in a Naaru cell was likely to contain no serious archery practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    But her power has nothing to do with her skills and everything to do with the jailer
    Except for the part where she was a top tier archer even before her death, let alone all the powers she gained later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Which feats? Her ability to pierce that rock pillar Bolvar launched at her with her arrow (it's the only one that stands out)? That's not really a display of archery but of physical strength, which again is granted to her by the Jailer.
    Now name any feat of Alleria concerning archery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes but Alleria was not on Azeroth at the time!
    It was not even certain if she was alive actually, the official stance was that nobody had seen Alleria and Turalyon in decades.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

In order to compare characters' skill in anything, the only way you can get any reliable result is by comparing their feats.

Sylvanas has been described in the novels as being able to hit a flying bird in the eye from miles away. The other contestants here do not have any feats approaching this level.

In order to compare characters' skill in anything, the only way you can get any reliable result is by comparing their feats.

Sylvanas has been described in the novels as being able to hit a flying bird in the eye from miles away. The other contestants here do not have any feats approaching this level.
    And Sylvanas described Alleria as the brightest of the order of archers of which she was part of. You don't need feats to prove something when you are already described as that.

And Sylvanas described Alleria as the brightest of the order of archers of which she was part of. You don't need feats to prove something when you are already described as that.
    it must be so easy to disregard evidence that supports other characters and only focus on things that support Alleria only. why do you do this?

It's canonically Sylvanas.

So, sorry High Elf Megathread fan club...

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    it must be so easy to disregard evidence that supports other characters and only focus on things that support Alleria only. why do you do this?
    It must be so easy to disregard direct evidence from Sylvanas herself that supports Alleria as being better and only focus on things that support solely Sylvanas. Why do you do this?

It must be so easy to disregard direct evidence from Sylvanas herself that supports Alleria as being better and only focus on things that support solely Sylvanas. Why do you do this?
    Sylvanas was repeatedly mentioned as the best among the Windrunner sisters. But hey, don't let canon get in the way of your fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    Sylvanas was repeatedly mentioned as the best among the Windrunner sisters. But hey, don't let canon get in the way of your fandom.
    I already countered that by citing a canon source in the game itself. You can accuse many people of using headcanon but most certainly not me.