Page 46 of 144 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I've already read rumors of Ozil heading to Fenerbahçe on loan. As said though, only a rumor.
    Ozil spoke up against china's treatment of muslims who also are one of the biggest markets. Hes off somewhere for sure.

Cant be having athletes with an opinion.

I look forward to the new greasy haired manager at arsenal trying to bring in Peps system with Sokratis and luiz, should be a laff
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2019-12-21 at 05:49 AM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Ancelotti must be sweating cause that was the single worst display of football he must've witnessed in years.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Ancelotti must be sweating cause that was the single worst display of football he must've witnessed in years.
    Arsenal were equally bad though. It really was a game where it was clear both teams have been struggling this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I've already read rumors of Ozil heading to Fenerbahçe on loan. As said though, only a rumor.
    He's off to wherever he can suck up to one dictator freely while criticising another. So which ever Turkish team is in Erdos pocket will be the one he signs for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Ozil spoke up against china's treatment of muslims who also are one of the biggest markets. Hes off somewhere for sure.

Cant be having athletes with an opinion.

I look forward to the new greasy haired manager at arsenal trying to bring in Peps system with Sokratis and luiz, should be a laff
    Arteta isn't even a manager at Arsenal. They put the head coach route on him. Which means that day to day stuff and transfers are out of his control.

Head coaches are recipe for disaster as they want their own players but the board will give them trash because cheap (aka profit makers) and the head coach will get all the blame if it all goes to hell because the board player can't fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

Arteta isn't even a manager at Arsenal. They put the head coach route on him. Which means that day to day stuff and transfers are out of his control.

Head coaches are recipe for disaster as they want their own players but the board will give them trash because cheap (aka profit makers) and the head coach will get all the blame if it all goes to hell because the board player can't fit in.
    What a ridiculous statement.

Head Coach who works with the Director of Football is just how things are done now. Managers are a thing of the past. There are some clubs that have the title of "manager" but it's name only.

My club was run in to the fucking ground by a group of dinosaurs who were completely inept at operating a football club. Arsene Wenger insisted on holding all the power and making all the decisions himself, which was a position he definitely earned but one that ultimately cost us heavily and put us in a position we might not ever recover from.

Now we have a more modern system where Head Coach works with the Head of Football (Raul) , the Technical Director (Edu) and the Managing Director (Vinai Venkatesham) to run the club. No one will argue that these are the perfect people to have running the club but fuck me it's better than the mess we had before.

- - - Updated - - -

God Man Utd are awful. Arsenal on the brink of destruction and yet only 2 pts behind Utd and 4 pts behind Frank "I have 180 IQ" Lampard.

Anyone care to play a game of "Guess which teams form this is"?

Last edited by durrtygoodz; 2019-12-22 at 04:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    United are quite atrocious indeed.

Lol Spurs.
    Stay small.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Lol Spurs.
    Stay small.
    Bobby emerging from his sleep to shit on Spurs and his former manager.

You love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Bobby emerging from his sleep to shit on Spurs and his former manager.

You love to see it.
    Aaaaaaand back to sleep.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was any chance that Liverpool wouldn't win the league, it died tonight.

They are just so bloody good to watch, and it's infuriating.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

What is the reason then? Easily one of the best managers in the league at the minute.

Robin van Greenwood

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Whatever the fuck Mendy was thinking before 2-2, I love him to death for it.

Chelsea playing like Stoke here. Getting bantered off the park so resorting to kicking the shit out of Arsenal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arise Bobby, ARISEEEEE!!!!

If Mikel Arteta's coaching philsophy is to take the team with the worst defence in the league who never keep a clean sheet, and set them up to win a match 1-0, he's as stupid as he is cockless.

Lacazette should have been pulled early (or not started at all) and we should have attacked far more when Chelsea were crumbling and committing silly fouls.

I feel like it's too early to give Arteta any flack, the first half today was arguably the best Arsenal have looked in quite some time. With that said Lampard changed formation and Arsenal didn't really had anything to counter that. Then again Arteta was forced to sub Chambers, who might not be Arsenal-quality for Mustafi who definitely isn't Arsenal quality so that definitely hurt.

While it's fun on a banter level as a rival fan to see Arsenal at 12th and IF we beat you guys in a few days (we could still lose, i'm not that confident) a few other teams could pass, I do hope Arteta gets the team clicking. Like if Arsenal could get 2 CBs and 2 CMs or something that's a start. At least it looks like Xhaka is out and that's an OK first step to free up a slot for someone better. Still, I have no idea what CB you're gonna get that's Arsenal-quality that will take you to top 4 who also won't cost a fortune to buy. Maybe the Saliba kid will turn out great but I'd say you need at least 1 quality CB signing who you could partner him with. Holding looks like Vermaelen 2.0 with injuries and Chambers looks to be out for a while?

Chambers played well before he got injured. The way Arsenal played in the second half, you can't really argue that they should have won. Jorginho was lucky to escape a second yellow card though.

There is a lot of time until the Bayern-Chelsea game but unless Chelsea make the signing of the decade in the first month of the decade I'm pretty confident that they won't be able to handle Bayern as long as Bayern show up. In before Bayern can't convert any chances and Boateng makes a stupid tackle and gets a red card.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Holding looks like Vermaelen 2.0 with injuries
    He's coming off an ACL tear (cheers Rashford)