Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Haha so it WAS about that.
    Come on.

- - - Updated - - -

Depending of context and if the costume and play was exaggerated and ridiculous enough, why wouldn't we?
    Why wouldn't YOU?

You can tell the difference between jokes and reality, right?

If he did do that it would be an action that actually harmed people, so we'd condemn that and want him judged for his actions.
    But words, speech and jokes are not actions. There's a difference between being offended and being physically hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I have no idea if Trump is going to lose. No one does. Do I want him to lose? Of course. But that's because I think for myself, and evaluate new information as it comes to me. I don't make up my mind and then never change it no matter how much reality smacks me in the head.

Where are you on this? Why do you like Trump? To troll the libs?

But mentioning Hillary as a legit challenge is all Trumpkins work at this point.
    I don't care if Trump is president or not. My life hasn't changed at all. It really doesn't matter to me who the president is. I'm still unsure he will even run. I didn't mention Hillary I commented on another posters comment, in my opinion she would probably beat him this time around if she did run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believing that 50% of the country are "sexist deplorables" is, again, the reason why she and you guys lose.

No introspection whatsoever.
    She didn't say that though.

She said that some of his supporters were a basket of deplorables. Not all. She referred to the sexists, racists, bigots and morons in his camp. If you're not among that group, then she wasn't talking about you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Man, I can't wait to see the tantrum ramp up when Trump takes 2020. I'm hoping mass rioting, but it'll probably just be more tears, lies, and shallow political stunts by the blue jackasses.

You want a trump two term? Because you're sprinting headlong towards it.
    More proof that support for trump is just a bullshit "stick it to the libz" thing.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I don't care if Trump is president or not. My life hasn't changed at all. It really doesn't matter to me who the president is. I'm still unsure he will even run. I didn't mention Hillary I commented on another posters comment, in my opinion she would probably beat him this time around if she did run.
    ROFLMAO, that's a good joke I mean one of his most fervent defender pretending the doesn't care good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

She said that some of his supporters were a basket of deplorables. Not all. She referred to the sexists, racists, bigots and morons in his camp. If you're not among that group, then she wasn't talking about you.
    You know it's amusing watching Trump supporters still bring that up considering Trump insults half if not more of the country on a weekly basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the end of the process will result in nothing.

Hey, good thing you guys are lowering your expectations and are fine with just "he got the impeachment process pitted against him" now that you can no longer win..
    No expectations have been lowered, the definition of impeachment has not changed.

Impeachment is an action of the House. The trial in the Senate does not determine of Trump gets impeached, that's already happened. The trial in the Senate determines if Trump gets removed.

Johnson got impeached and he wasn't removed. Clinton got impeached and he wasn't removed. Impeachment does not require removal to be impeachment. This isn't hard, this isn't calculus, this isn't even the first time this has happened.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -
    Yes she did. She talked about two baskets. With half of Trump supporters in one and half in the other basket. If you can not see she did, then that is your problem.

" If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yes she did. She talked about two baskets. With half of Trump supporters in one and half in the other basket. If you can not see she did, then that is your problem.

I never argued that she never made a comment about a basket of deplorables.

I argued that she never said ALL Trump supporters are deplorable.
    Putin khuliyo

It is not an excuse for sitting on your hands doing nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    To be fair, we have a minority supported GOP party that has remained in power by suppressing votes. It's not JUST voter apathy, it's also active measures to keep voter turnout low. The fewer people who vote, the better the Republicans do.

Except that to be a Trump supporter you have to accept:

Misogyny
    Openly confess to sexual assault
    Sexual interest in children
    Sexual interest in his daughter
    Racism
    Lying as a political platform
    Anti LGBT legislation, anti choice legislation
    Cozying up to authoritarian despots
    All past instances of conning people
    Stymieing of gun control legislation that would save american lives

And all that shit is just the beginning tbh, so if you are a Trump supporter, you are a deplorable, why mince words about it.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-12-28 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Except that to be a Trump supporter you have to accept:

Misogyny
    Openly confess to sexual assault
    Sexual interest in children
    Sexual interest in his daughter
    Racism
    Lying as a political platform
    Anti LGBT legislation, anti choice legislation
    Cozying up to authoritarian despots
    All past instances of conning people
    Stymieing of gun control legislation that would save american lives

And all that shit is just the beginning tbh, so if you are a Trump supporter, you are a deplorable, why mince words about it.
    I don't, but she did. And this was back in 2016 when a good portion of the voters thought he couldn't be that bad, you know? He's just the president, the Republicans would reign him in.

Boy were we all wrong. I voted for Hillary, but come the worst I thought the GOP would hold him on a short leash, not let him drag them all throughout the dog park.
    Putin khuliyo

I don't, but she did. And this was back in 2016 when a good portion of the voters thought he couldn't be that bad, you know? He's just the president, the Republicans would reign him in.

Boy were we all wrong. I voted for Hillary, but come the worst I thought the GOP would hold him on a short leash, not let him drag them all throughout the dog park.
    I wasn't accusing you Adam Jensen of being those things, it was a hypothetical you as a placeholder for a Trump supporter.

In acceptance of all of the things he is/was/does and represents I believe those people reveal who they really are in very bright fluorescent light.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    ROFLMAO, that's a good joke I mean one of his most fervent defender pretending the doesn't care good one.
    Defend how?

But Trump and the GOP have done exactly what they promised to do.
    Only difference people maybe didn't predict was the actual shitshow, Trump being laughed at the UN meeting for example. Policy wise however it's like exactly what the GOP promised it would do since 2010.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never argued that she never made a comment about a basket of deplorables.

Yes, you are correct. She did not say all of Trump supporters where. She said half of them where. Only over 30 million. A lot more than saying some.

It was right there with the dumb 43% comment by Mick Romney when he was running against Obama. One could say, well, he did not say all where that way.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

She did not say all of Trump supporters where. She said half of them where. Only over 30 million.
    Yet every one seemed to put themselves in the 'deplorable' half. Gee, wonder why.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Yet every one seemed to put themselves in the 'deplorable' half. Gee, wonder why.
    That is from your perspective. Wonder why you have that?

The voters I know who voted for Trump, basically laugh at what she said and think it was just one more stupid political statement.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-12-29 at 01:37 PM.

That is from your perspective. Wonder why you have that?
    Well, Trump is a really terrible person, and they knew it the entire time.

I'd say it fits perfectly.

Yes, you are correct. She did not say all of Trump supporters where. She said half of them where. Only over 30 million. A lot more than saying some.

It was right there with the dumb 43% comment by Mick Romney when he was running against Obama. One could say, well, he did not say all where that way.
    It’s weird then that so many would go out of their ways to prove a statement correct from a woman they abhor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary was falling apart even back then, taking her out from dusty basement is not the best idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It’s weird then that so many would go out of their ways to prove a statement correct from a woman they abhor.
    It is not weird that the results of the election proved just how stupid her statement was. And would not surprise me with how crazy some democrats are acting now, that the same thing will happen again.