Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleloron View Post
    I may be in the minority but I find these to be lame AF. I wish Blizz would go out on a limb with allied races and give us some really interesting ones rather than Tauren with different horns, Light-infused Space Goats, Brown Orcs, and Gnomes with mechanical body parts. Give us something really different and interesting like Murlocs and Naga and Orges. I know that there’s difficulties with implementing such models but I believe that they could make them happen.

Our current allied races feel far more like laziness rather than inspiration.
    I don't know if you're indeed in the minority but you're definitely not alone in that sentiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

7+ Year Old Account
    So how good are these racials looking to be?

Anything game changing or just "meh"?

Pretty strong racials still.

15+ Year Old Account
    As the only person in the world (by the looks of it) that likes gnomes, I must say I want one of these. Half way revered with the char I last played on, this might just bring me back to retail to get exalted and level one.

i wish you could choose to show gear above those legs, every single mog turns into pampers/ nappies with the current way their legs work

The 'organic faces' shit just really bugs me. I would have liked them to actually have robotic faces instead of this weird hideous cyborg shit.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    The 'organic faces' shit just really bugs me. I would have liked them to actually have robotic faces instead of this weird hideous cyborg shit.
    hehe like this guy from anime "No Guns Life" weapon face xD

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Why isn't Death Knight listed as a class? Am I mistaken here? We get allied races DK's in 8.3 with pre-purchase, right?
    It may have been missed? I just checked PTR and it says "Creating a Death Knight with the selected race requires that you purchase Shadowlands." At a glance, it looks like you can't select it, but I imagine once it's live, attached to an account with Shadowlands, it'll be available, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    8.2 was out for quite a while and Mechagon rep doesn't take that long to get. So anyone that has been playing should have it. As for the dungeon if you refuse to do mythics then in 8.3 it will become 2 heroic dungeons that you can queue up via dungeon finder.
    It is somewhat inconsequential considering the time the required reps for the allied races have been in the game, but the poster does have kind of a point:
    The Alliance allied races:
    • Lightforged Draenei requires Army of the Light.
    • Void Elf requires Argussian Reach.
    • Mechagnome requires Rustbolt Resistance.
    The first two are "late game" reps, and the third is "middle game" rep in their respective expansions.

Where as the Horde allied races:
    • Highmountain Tauren requires Highmountan Tribe.
    • Nightborne requires The Nightfallen.
    • Vulpera require Voldunai.
    All three of them are starer reps in their respective expansions.

Oh look, a subspecies of a race that is one of if not the least played races on the Alliance, but these have mechanical parts to make them look even more dorky and hideous. I'm sure the 10 people excited about this will have a ton of fun >.>. How about giving us races that people have been asking for like Wildhammer Dwarves, High Elves and Sethrak. Yea its great that Wildhammers are gonna be a skin for Ironforge, but would have been better as a separate allied race like the dark iron, and High Elves have been the most requested Alliance race for forever.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    They had to lock the final achievement behind a mythic dungeon with no LFR option. Brilliant.
    Oh no, lazy players will have to do LFR version when 8.3 will launch, what a DISASTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Oh no, lazy players will have to do LFR version when 8.3 will launch, what a DISASTER.
    It'll be available in LFR come 8.3!? Sweet, fuck pre-mades then! I'll just wait for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Same here, they look like Robocop and Chucky had a baby. It's disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    8.2 was out for quite a while and Mechagon rep doesn't take that long to get. So anyone that has been playing should have it. As for the dungeon if you refuse to do mythics then in 8.3 it will become 2 heroic dungeons that you can queue up via dungeon finder.
    I don't know if it's just me, but i feel like if you weren't around for the rustbolt resistance grind at the start the rep grind just eats away at you fast. In the beginning you have a bunch of people killing mobs and calling out rares which made it go by pretty fast while being kinda fun. Nowadays basically no one is doing any quests and for people who just resubed for 8.3 who might want to unlock mechagnomes, they have to do an annoying grind on pretty health spongy enemies for almost a month basically alone. The horde ones i feel don't really have these issues since people probably finished the required reps before they had a chance to burn out since the expansion was still new. As well as early expansion enemies having lower health pools in general.
    Last edited by Megor96; 2019-12-29 at 06:58 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaterasuNyan View Post
    I don't know if it's just me but i feel like if you weren't around for the rustbolt resistance grind at the start, the rep grind just eats away at you fast. In the beginning you have a bunch of people killing mobs and calling out rares which made it go by pretty fast while being kinda fun. Nowadays basically no one is doing any quests and for people who just resubed for 8.3 who might want to unlock mechagnomes, they have to do an annoying grind on pretty health spongy enemies for almost a month basically alone. The horde ones i feel don't really have these issues since people probably finished the required reps before they had a chance to burn out since the expansion was still new. As well as early expansion enemies having lower health pools in general.
    You can do the rep in less than 2 weeks. It took me 5 days to hit revered and unlock flying, and thatw as just doing dailies, no contract or rep buffs (except 10% human racial.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    You can do the rep in less than 2 weeks. It took me 5 days to hit revered and unlock flying, and thatw as just doing dailies, no contract or rep buffs (except 10% human racial.)
    I remember it took me almost 2 weeks of pretty long sessions at Mechagon just to get enough rep for pathfinder. I might have skipped a couple side things, but i wasn't that much behind most people around me. Maybe i was being inefficient somehow but i'm pretty sure i did every quest and killed every rare i could.
    Last edited by Megor96; 2019-12-29 at 07:09 AM.

What's the time? Diaper time!

They're like worst race I've seen in this game.

...and I really liked gnomes in Vanilla.

Combat Analysis - You gather and analyze combat data every 5 sec, increasing your primary stat by 25, stacking up to 10 times. The data decays while out of combat.
    Hyper Organic Light Originator - Summon Organic Light duplicates to distract your foes. 3 min cooldown
    Skeleton Pinkie - Allows opening of locked chests and doors that require a skill level of up to 600.
    Mastercraft - You function as a personal blacksmithing anvil, cooking fire, and mining forge. In addition, your limbs include every profession tool.
    Emergency Failsafe - When you fall below 20% health, heal for 15% of your maximum health. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2.5 min.

aside from the optics but wtf are these Racials? 250 Main Stat after 50 seconds infight, no need to go anywhere to craft or even carry around any profession tool, Mirror images for everyone and prob the old ones where you lose your target after use and last but not least a 15% !!!MAX!!! health heal, so the little bugger would heal for what around 70k with new max ilvl? seems a little bit "op" all in all. The overall package is pretty Strong in my opinion

Best unsub ever

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Still wondering what blizzard was thinking with this. Weird, creepy looking Gnomes with far lesser customization options. Not only is their weird egg torso shape a bit disturbing to look at, but getting rid of customization options in an MMO is pretty much a sin in this genre.
    I'm pretty sure that there isn't another race where you can customise the arms.