Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I agree with the original poster. WoW Classic is the best game Blizzard has released since Vanilla WoW. They've released quite a few good titles since Vanilla, but Classic is the best. Easy 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    WoW just WoW.

Me and my son playing WoW again after 7 years for months now.

Forget nostalgic sentiments. This game is good and pretty much even better than when it launched.

I played WoW until 2012 constantly and yep Cataclysm killed the old world and its MMO feeling combined.

After months we still are 39 and play casually a few hours per week.

The simple fact we don’t have ANY pressure and knowing this will go on forever is breath taking. The idea of creating 19 twinks by running DM or SFK is just as compelling as getting to the last raids with endless characters and classes.

SURE sometimes I will go back to puzzling retail (with its too complicated diversity), but for a RETURNING recruiting tool this Classic thing simply can not be beaten frankly.

Best idea Blizzard had since Rob Pardo left.

Grtz to the current team.

10/10
    no. what? no nostalgia but you kinda say it right after. cata didnt kill the old world. panda was a good expac. legion was a good expac. stop being so dramatic.

This game is good and pretty much even better than when it launched.
    Sometimes games are better the second time around since you know what you are in for, you play when you are in the mood and can plan on what you are and aren't going to do.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Sometimes games are better the second time around since you know what you are in for, you play when you are in the mood and can plan on what you are and aren't going to do.
    and sometimes they are worse for that reason. quit classic when the initial nostalgia wore off and i started to realize exactly what i was in for. it's too much effort just for the few things i missed out on in actual classic, and the community is a lot worse now (as they tend to be with any old game that everything is known about).

I feel overwhelmed by current 120 levels
    Nobody tell him about what they're doing in Shadowlands...

You are easily amused and lead a very boring life sir.
    WoW just WoW.

Me and my son playing WoW again after 7 years for months now.

Forget nostalgic sentiments. This game is good and pretty much even better than when it launched.

I played WoW until 2012 constantly and yep Cataclysm killed the old world and its MMO feeling combined.

After months we still are 39 and play casually a few hours per week.

The simple fact we don’t have ANY pressure and knowing this will go on forever is breath taking. The idea of creating 19 twinks by running DM or SFK is just as compelling as getting to the last raids with endless characters and classes.

SURE sometimes I will go back to puzzling retail (with its too complicated diversity), but for a RETURNING recruiting tool this Classic thing simply can not be beaten frankly.

Best idea Blizzard had since Rob Pardo left.

Grtz to the current team.

10/10

I tried to recruit a friend into WoW, gift him a month and to try classic . He never went past lvl 12, wish i had gift him bfa instead. He got bored pretty fast with how slow things are and how demanding in time it were

I feel overwhelmed by current 120 levels with so many mechanics that are put in that the atmosphere of an MMO is completely gone frankly.
    This is what makes comments like this seem like satire.

One of the BIGGEST complaints about retail is that they took OUT so many mechanics. So much so that they're bringing them back in for Shadowlands.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Riveting tale, friend.

I got to level 16 before I had to stop torturing myself. While wow was good back in the days, the old systems aren't interesting anymore for me.

If playing with a kid then I can definitely see classic being better than retail.
    in every topic here in MMO Champion there's always at least 1 that complains and disagrees with anything lmao even if the topic is stating the sun is yellow and the sky is blue there's always someone disagreeing it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    in every topic here in MMO Champion there's always at least 1 that complains and disagrees with anything lmao even if the topic is stating the sun is yellow and the sky is blue there's always someone disagreeing it
    Quite normal for people to have different opinions on things.
    Hi

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, how does this works:

You started playing WoW back in 2004 or 2005, and you enjoyed WoW vanilla or whatever it is called.
    You didnt like any of the changes made over the years in expansions and all other new story lines etc etc.

So when they re-released something that was still there (essentially) it is suddenly the most amazing thing ever made?
    So you loved WoW between 2004-2006/2007 and that is fine.

I am really baffled by the amount of threads being started with this exact same message.

Classic = Retail
    Retail would never have been without Classic or Vanilla or whatever you wanna call it.

All these pointless threads: Classic is a great game or even worse: We can learn X or Y from classic and implement it into Retail!

Dont people understand it is the same damn thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    For some heavy casuals it probably is. But going down from 9 million different scanned characters to now roughly barely above 200k which probably means ~120k characters it just shows that classic was completely unnessecary but for some bad players that are not good enough for the most simple content in Retail.
    This is actually very accurate, and true. Retail is too much for a lot of ppl who play classic, which isnt a bad thing, its there for the casual experience as the higher end players will still gravitate towards retail since it is relevant content and actually challenging.

You cant get the feeling vanilla had in classic, its impossible. Most ppl are better at video games in general as the industry is vastly more mainstream than it was 15+ years ago. There is nothing left to explore, especially those of us who played since day 1 or in the broken beta clients leading up to launch in 04. I had my time with the past, and never wish to tread through them again personally as they undermine the effort we all put in originally, the REAL first time experience of wow, not a simulation.

Edit: OP is being a bit pretentious then deflecting his experience by vicariously manufacturing a false identity for his son... thats a new lvl of neckbeard.
    Last edited by Satelliteyears0o; 2019-12-31 at 04:27 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. I haven't touched Classic in over a week now. Skipped raids this week, the motivation to login just isn't there. I'd say the only games of Blizzard that I like Classic more than would be Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch, but everyone tells me that Overwatch is actually good so, you know, personal preference. Even after all these years I have more fun at the first two weeks of a season in D3, or signing in to StarCraft 2 to play a ladder match, than I get out of Classic WoW.

Through the boring leveling I told myself that I just had to muscle through it and I'd get to the part of the game that I enjoy, and that was true, but the content really doesn't last long. Even when they release another raid it's just an evening of content for us to mow down in our BiS gear. I'm not a big fan of BfA but I'd take Legion or MoP over Classic.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Stop torturing yourself by hating on WoW Classic.

Classic is a recruiting tool, not your competitor.

My son is 26 LOL and is rated 2500+ in Arena. And he has dozens of movies killing so called champs on Twitch with his rogue, Stagger

Yes he still plays Retail, but he agrees on all accounts.

Retail is no longer a basic recruiting game. Classic is.
    My son is 20 LOL and rated 2600+ in Arena. He rapes all of your sons toons in pvp while having a hand tied behind his back and he absolutely hates classic and classic fanboys who write blog posts on mmo-champ.

Can't be 7 years since MoP and Legion exist, 2 year though? Sure, big agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Riveting tale, friend.

I got to level 16 before I had to stop torturing myself. While wow was good back in the days, the old systems aren't interesting anymore for me.

If playing with a kid then I can definitely see classic being better than retail.
    Playing Retail at the CE level and Classic, I can tell you, Classic is the better game to me. And it would be to you if you were not so casual.

Not even close. Classic had its day, back in 2004 it was the shit. It's outdated as hell today and the grind is torturous.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I'd rather be recruited (and I think there'd be a bigger chance I'd stay) into BFA over Classic. And that's saying a lot given the state of BFA.

It's nostalgia, and nostalgia can be a fine thing, but noone that wishes their friends well would introduce them to Classic.

If anything a few hours in Classic would show you how far we've come, and how much improvement (generally speaking, full and well knowing that tuning and story is all over the place) the game's systems have had over the years in current retail.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Playing Retail at the CE level and Classic, I can tell you, Classic is the better game to me. And it would be to you if you were not so casual.
    Hi. Also play retail at the CE level, in what way do you think that from a raiding perspective Classic is the "better game" - I assume that's what you're talking about because you felt the need to mention that you have cutting edge. So far the raids in Classic are complete and total faceroll. This won't change until Naxx, and even then it'll probably be on par with retail Heroic if even that. Retail has harder trash mobs than Classic bosses that are available at present.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Classic Players: WoW is too dumbed down for casuals!

Also Classic Players: WoW Retail is too complicated!

The delusion lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post

Yes, tank and spank/resist gear type raids and two button DPS rotations sure are hardcore lmao.