Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkarra View Post
    Good RPGs should be about your character's stats developing. Look at games that take D&D as a basis. Stats like charisma that allow you to interact with NPCs in different ways.

The way a good RPG should work is this. You level up your character and in doing so increase your stats. This has a huge impact on whether you can defeat bosses or not. The way WoW works is much more like an action game. It is skill based. Every fight has things to move out of. Stand in this for too long and you are dead. This has bothered me for over a decade. Every time there is any kind of movement in a fight it annoys me greatly, not because I am incapable of moving out of it, but because it makes me think "I wanted to play an RPG, not an action game or jump and run".

In an RPG, whether I can survive a certain attack or not should depend on whether I have the right level, the right gear and the right stats. Like having the Onyxia cloak and having enough resistance.

That's how RPGs work. This is not an RPG. It's an action game.
    I mean, that’s a lie. Role Playing Games are very broad, plus WoW is far from an action game. WoW has a huge amount of lore, continuing stories, plenty of RP within the game - it’s an RPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an RPG made to be not like an RPG.
    I can role play all I want in it...MMORPGs aren't meant to function just like a traditional RPG, doesn't mean there aren't RPG elements to it.

The way a good RPG should work is this. You level up your character and in doing so increase your stats. This has a huge impact on whether you can defeat bosses or not.
    go ahead and start killing bosses without gear, or levels. you might notice that without those stats from gear and levels that are supposed to, and do, have a huge impact... you have somewhat of a slightly difficult time. slightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    go ahead and start killing bosses without gear, or levels. you might notice that without those stats from gear and levels that are supposed to, and do, have a huge impact... you have somewhat of a slightly difficult time. slightly.
    Not had a single RPG session where I could finish the game without equipment.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Can already tell you are a retard.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck off and get fucked.
    "REEEEEE, people disagree with me so imma insult them!"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good RPGs should be about your character's stats developing. Look at games that take D&D as a basis. Stats like charisma that allow you to interact with NPCs in different ways.

The way a good RPG should work is this. You level up your character and in doing so increase your stats. This has a huge impact on whether you can defeat bosses or not. The way WoW works is much more like an action game. It is skill based. Every fight has things to move out of. Stand in this for too long and you are dead. This has bothered me for over a decade. Every time there is any kind of movement in a fight it annoys me greatly, not because I am incapable of moving out of it, but because it makes me think "I wanted to play an RPG, not an action game or jump and run".

In an RPG, whether I can survive a certain attack or not should depend on whether I have the right level, the right gear and the right stats. Like having the Onyxia cloak and having enough resistance.

WoW does all those things. in any RPG if you stand in fire long enough you are going to die. also, you literally disprove your own point by bringing up gear that was in the game as well as resistance, which used to be in the game also.

going off your past replies though, you are clearly a troll who isn't actually interested in carrying out a discussion. so to sum it up: YOU'RE WRONG!

It’s an MMO for people who don’t like MMOs.

Actually no, they are mutually exclusive. Action RPGs are action games pretending to be RPGs.
    simply, you are wrong
    action RPGs are RPGS that are not turn based, so something WoW ALWAYS was, so if you dont like it, WHAT THE FUCK are you doing on wow forum?!
    took you years to realise wow is not turn based or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    take D&D as a basis
    Every time there is any kind of movement in a fight it annoys me greatly, not because I am incapable of moving out of it, but because it makes me think "I wanted to play an RPG, not an action game or jump and run".
    If you've never had to move out of shit in a D&D boss fight you've had some shitty DMs.

But more likely, based on your behavior in this thread, your toxicity and childish behavior got you kicked out of every D&D game you ever tried to play long before you ever got to a boss fight.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-01-01 at 08:10 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

This is a MMORPG with emphasis on player interaction with action based physics. Call it how you want, but you’re wrong.

And thus it's popularity
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Why does nobody mentioned that Blizzard themself does not say wow is an RPG: Blizzard always mentioned WoW as an MMOG, without the RP-Part. So yes, WoW is not a good RPG, because blizzard never intended to say it's an RP-game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    "REEEEEE, people disagree with me so imma insult them!"
    And their later posts are even more aggressive to the point, that the OP in one post issued one of those threats to another poster.. Be a case of they don't like being challenged, and as such they lash out..

It's just recent changes. At some point Ion said, that class mechanics should be simple, but boss fights should be hard. I have exactly the same problem. Due to some reason Blizzard have decided, that something like Brawlers' Guild is good idea and decided to turn whole world into one big Brawlers' Guild. But I don't have time to learn all abilities and all tactics for every single mob in this game. I just want to kill them, like it was back in good times, when Wow was still RPG.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Well, which is it? Is WoW a bad RPG or not an RPG? Your posts are confusing.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Yeah, however you describe exactly how WoW works so I'm unsure what you wanna say
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

You do have a point though, especially when comparing BfA with Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Why does nobody mentioned that Blizzard themself does not say wow is an RPG: Blizzard always mentioned WoW as an MMOG, without the RP-Part. So yes, WoW is not a good RPG, because blizzard never intended to say it's an RP-game.
    Nobody mentions that, because this isn't true? Blizzard does very well call WoW an MMORPG lmao.

You seem confused. RPG means role playing game. It does not mean "raise stats simulator".
    And in basically every rpg you actually have to stay out of the fire if an enemy has fire zone attack. Even on a pen and paper rpg if you stay in fire you die.
    So your whole post is complete garbage. And you don't know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-01-01 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It's just recent changes. At some point Ion said, that class mechanics should be simple, but boss fights should be hard. I have exactly the same problem. Due to some reason Blizzard have decided, that something like Brawlers' Guild is good idea and decided to turn whole world into one big Brawlers' Guild. But I don't have time to learn all abilities and all tactics for every single mob in this game. I just want to kill them, like it was back in good times, when Wow was still RPG.
    So because your mental capacity and memory is that of a goldfish, the game should remain a simple pathetic 20 year old mess, where the people that play WoW Classic, think auto-attack damage = difficulty

Even with the amount of abilities in BFA Dungeons and M+, after the first-second time they become ultra boring, maybe apart from 2-3 pack of mobs after M+13 and up that can be slightly dangerous when the group cant play properly, not everyone is mega-terrible as you are.

The game is already has 200 mechanics for everyone to get gear to make things irrelevantly easy..Imagine if they add even more.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-01-01 at 01:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    No one mentions that because it isn't true. Blizzard calls its a Massively Multiplayer RPG. That is what is listed on the store page for the Shadowlands pre-purchase. Blizzard intended it to be a role playing game and even have role playing servers. It just isn't a RPG restricted to stat allotment and D&D rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    What WoW are you playing? The entire world is not a brawlers guild where you have to learn the tactics are you die. If you are dying to every single mob because you don't know how to handle their mechanics then WoW or any game likely isn't your thing. Because 90% of the mobs in wow just require you to mash buttons.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."