Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Nah it's just a boomer thing to say
    Bull, a lot of young adults say it too...

lol i tell my wife...would you rather I play video games at home or go out clubbing? That shuts her up!

Video games are created by adults, but adults are stigmatized for playing them?
    Makes sense.
    I've been playing video games since at least 1980 and I have no plans to stop.
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think the view that adults are too old to play games generally comes from kids and teenagers. Not all of them are that way but it's a self-preservation behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    The good thing is, we don´t have to give a fuck what other people think about what we do.

And doing something better with your time, wtf? Who´s gonna get to decide what is a "good" thing to do hm?
    Society often gets to have a word. Again, let's not confuse "being able to" with society "frowning upon it". People can let their kids act like wild animals when they are out in public spaces. Most often people will not stop them from behaving as such, but most will frown upon it.

Look, we all would love to sit and do nothing all day and claim that whatever vice we want to give into is completely normal and shouldn't be frowned upon. Most folks in their 20s have that attitude, eventually most come to see that doing whatever we want, all the time isn't a good thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Bull, a lot of young adults say it too...
    Yeah they're probably the same close minded people that bloomers are

Quote Originally Posted by Valkarra View Post
    I don't.

/10char
    Immature and a hypocrite.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkarra View Post
    Yes, of course it's for kids. When did you start playing video games? When you were a kid. You're still playing cause you never grew up. Adults don't have time to play video games.
    Going off your post history you’re an adult. Yet you play video games. You’re a walking enigma

Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    Video games are created by adults, but adults are stigmatized for playing them?
    Makes sense.
    I've been playing video games since at least 1980 and I have no plans to stop.
    Created by adults to exploit money from children through addictive behavior even! Have you played any current arcade game? It is so much more exploitative than the arcade games from the 1980's; what's worse is that they can target adults now too, pay for bits and pieces of a game. Pay for power-ups, pay for boosts, pay for convenience, pay for skins, pay for game time; the list feels like it gets bigger every few years.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    When people say "Over 30 is too old for gaming!" or some nonsense.

I always like to point them to Kenny Omega
    Yeah, when someone calls you childish i bet bringing up a pro wrestler makes them realize how silly they were being.

Never to old to have fun.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I don't really see much of "nerd culture" having been stigmatized for a decade or two now, regardless of the person's age.

My 70 year old dad, who got me into gaming in the early 90s, still plays. We chat about what we play sometimes and I even give him gold when we happen to be playing the same MMO together.

You are never too old

was Shirley Curry mentioned. even if she was - she's worth mentioning again.

maturity is not about what your choice of hobbies is. its about whether you prioritize your family vs your hobbies.

people have all kinds of hobbies. we all get to chose what we have fun with and its pretty immature to judge others for what they chose to do with their free time as long as they are not hurting anyone, or letting judgement of strangers that you don't even interact with - tell you what you should or should not be enjoying.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Are you ever "too old" for video games?
    i took way too much shit from ppl as a kid to care what they think of what i enjoy doing as an adult

when i'm 70 i'm gonna be skateboarding, when they're 70 they're going to be in a wheelchair.

so honestly they can kiss my ass LOL

This was maybe a thing 20 years ago, but not anymore.

My dad used to be one of those people, every time he saw me playing video games as a kid he would say video games made people socially inept(in excess they do) and i had to go play outside. Now he's 50 years old and plays video games.

Even though video games have become more mainstream as a hobby, there's still a stigma against adults playing them, with some people thinking you're a manchild for still playing video games as an adult.

I'm more surprised you still have time to play games on a regular basis as you grow older to be honest. It's not that there's stigma against playing games as adults, it's the fact that those games are just timewasters at that point. And most people as they grow older don't have any spare time they can throw in games.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    I'm more surprised you still have time to play games on a regular basis as you grow older to be honest. It's not that there's stigma against playing games as adults, it's the fact that those games are just timewasters at that point. And most people as they grow older don't have any spare time they can throw in games.
    I'd more question what kind of life someone is living if they have zero time to throw into something they enjoy.

yes, there is situations where you just can't get around it, single parent's in high Cost of Living areas for example, but I highly doubt "most" people have don't have spare time for a hobby they enjoy. And that's any hobby at all, reading, playing sports, playing video games, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Adults without kids.

Even though video games have become more mainstream as a hobby, there's still a stigma against adults playing them, with some people thinking you're a manchild for still playing video games as an adult.

There's never a "too old" for video games but life gets in the way when you're a full grown adult and the time is less. Also the patience.