Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Literally my hype is below zero. This expansion has me so indifferent like never before. I couldn't care less and it will be the first WoW expansion in my life that I will not buy.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Legion alt friendly? I don't think you ever played legion then.

Out of ALL wow expansions including classic and vanilla, legions was the most alt unfriendly expansion by far. No other expansion even comes close how garbage it was.
    And by the way, issues became evident when BfA started but those were in fact Legion issues as well. That is what you get when your whole character is reliant on rental power gear.
    Sure if you require your alts to all have 8 legendary and be cutting edge concordance levels it would have sucked but really, what kind of jackasss needs that.

The current WoW team has been terrible for the last few years, so not hyped at all unless shown differently with actual gameplay. All I see is them thinking they will get Classic players to play it if they lower the max level to 60 again and "look we're giving you back abilities we should have never taken away in the first place!"
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2020-01-04 at 06:54 AM.

Not really interested tbqh. I've let my subscription lapse and will probably sit the next expansion out. I did the same for Cataclysm. Perhaps the next one will pique my interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It's clear that Blizzard overall thinks the design of BFA is what ultimately is the best for WoW--
    So I won't be buying Shadowlands. I found absolutely no enjoyment in BFA and there's no way Shadowlands will be significantly different.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by frott View Post
    also dislike them holding out on releasing raids simply because some diaper/welfare crew will steamroll it immediately. I don't pay attention to them doing that, but the game is built around everyone who does / spoilers / etc. If it had any sort of parity with the actual time it takes to get to the point of raiding, it'd be one thing, but the hurry up and wait setup is not for me. And it's not rushing through content or anything, it's having basic competence.
    Um. My dude. Not that I disagree with you or anything, but that has literally been the content release model the game has followed LITERALLY since it launched. If you don't like it, you probably should have chosen a different game 15 years ago...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    It's clear that Blizzard overall thinks the design of BFA is what ultimately is the best for WoW--
    So I won't be buying Shadowlands. I found absolutely no enjoyment in BFA and there's no way Shadowlands will be significantly different.
    Literally the only thing making me keep playing BFA is raiding with long-time friends, and yet, I think pretty much everything we've seen from Shadowlands so far has been a NEAR 180 of BFA. So what exactly from BFA are you dreading?

Not hyped but I just want BFA to end ASAP so I can sub again and hope for something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Literally the only thing making me keep playing BFA is raiding with long-time friends, and yet, I think pretty much everything we've seen from Shadowlands so far has been a NEAR 180 of BFA. So what exactly from BFA are you dreading?
    "Everything" is a broad statement.

Let's say i am not a fan of weekly rewards.
    Not the "disappointment" factor, but simply the fact that i'm getting superior rewards once per week for clearing content that doesn't actually reward said loot.
    Like the M+ chest now drops 440 Loot for clearing content that actually drops 430 loot.

Does this change in Shadowlands?
    It doesn't, it just gets less RNG.

Perhaps i want Tier sets back.
    Am i getting those? Nope, perhaps the visual later into the expansion.

Maybe i don't like that WoW has become a seasonal game where i trash all of my gear within days after a patch hits.
    Does this change? It doesn't.

And if Torghast turns out to be a disappointment gameplay wise, it's going to be Islands 2.0 that you have to engage because legendaries.

Shadowlands is different to BfA in some aspects, not denying that, but the overall game structure will be similiar BfA, minus Azerite and the AP grind (perhaps).
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-01-04 at 02:42 PM.

More hyped than i was for wow classic, and i still played 4 months of classic. So yeah, am a good wow customer lol

I've never been less hyped for an expansion. BfA almost killed my interest in WoW, so Shadowlands is going to have to pull something special out the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Maybe i don't like that WoW has become a seasonal game where i trash all of my gear within days after a patch hits.
    Does this change? It doesn't.
    WoW was seasonal for 4 expansions now (at least, maybe even before). And don't tell me it's not true because it damn is. Once we cleared mythic raid (or heroic when mythic didn't exist) we went to check other games like Blade and soul, black desert, tera online. Even in Pandaria.

WoW was seasonal for 4 expansions now (at least, maybe even before). And don't tell me it's not true because it damn is. Once we cleared mythic raid (or heroic when mythic didn't exist) we went to check other games like Blade and soul, black desert, tera online. Even in Pandaria.
    I told you this in another thread already.
    In MoP, you didn't dump 3/4 of your gear during the first day of Mythic release because of M+.

not even a little.
    looks worse than WoD

I told you this in another thread already.
    In MoP, you didn't dump 3/4 of your gear during the first day of Mythic release because of M+.
    And you are still wrong.

We still cleared heroic siege of orgrimmar in less time than eternal palace (3-4 months I think) despite having worse players than we have now.
    Then we had sweet good half a year of not doing anything.

Oh and by the way, only our feral druid still went to throne of thunder because rune of reorigination was Op for him (not with guild).

Same old shit repeated since mop.

New raid comes in? Cleared in maximum 2 weeks on normal(old system)/heroic(current system) and nobody goes to previous one since all gear from there is garbage.
    Then mythic/heroic progression starts. Nothing has changed.

We still cleared heroic siege of orgrimmar in less time than eternal palace (3-4 months I think) despite having worse players than we have now.
    Then we had sweet good half a year of not doing anything.
    How has this do with anything i've said?

New raid comes in? Cleared in maximum 2 weeks on normal(old system)/heroic(current system) and nobody goes to previous one since all gear from there is garbage.
    Then mythic/heroic progression starts. Nothing has changed.
    You keep failing to understand what i'm saying.
    I even specified what i mean: You trash your entire gear within days of patch release, that is the thing i'm criticizing.

Nothing what you've wrote in this post even addresses this issue, you just "oh yeah, not playing the previous tier hasn't been a thing since MoP".
    Yeah i know, been that way since Wotlk / Cata for organized guilds, the difference is however that the gear from the previous tier was still relevant for the progression into the next tier because you didn' threw 3/4 of your away gear day one into a new patch.

That is the crucial the difference, farming was still relevant because you didn't know when you get an upgrade in the next tier, very possible you keep Item X deep into progress simply because Item might not drop, now you know that almost your entire gear is trashed before you even enter Mythic.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-01-04 at 10:29 PM.

You keep failing to understand what i'm saying.
    I even specified what i mean: You trash your entire gear within days of patch release, that is the thing i'm criticizing.

Nothing what you've wrote in this post even addresses this issue, you just "oh yeah, not playing the previous tier hasn't been a thing since MoP".
    Yeah i know, been that way since Wotlk / Cata for organized guilds, the difference is however that the gear from the previous tier was still relevant for the progression into the next tier because you didn' threw 3/4 of your away gear day one into a new patch.

That is the crucial the difference, farming was still relevant because you didn't know when you get an upgrade in the next tier, very possible you keep Item X deep into progress simply because Item might not drop, now you know that almost your entire gear is trashed before you even enter Mythic.
    And we did trash our entire gear within 2 weeks so what is the difference? couple of days? half a month? We just did splitruns before to gear up people, now we dont have to.

We just did splitruns before to gear up people, now we dont have to.
    Splitruns were not nearly as effective in MoP as they were in later expansions, because Normal and Heroic still went under the same ID.
    You couldn't kill a boss twice per week on varying difficulty, if you killed Jin'rokh on Normal, he's dead for that week for you.

So the only time you could do splitruns was the very first Normal week, so that diminished the value of splitruns heavily.
    On top of that, a lot of 10man Heroic raids, which were far more common than 25man raids, rarely did splitruns because 10man didn't drop enough items to justify splitruns and they generally lacked the manpower to do 25man Normal.

That aside, splitruns were very much unintended, Blizzard even said they would prevent them somehow if they found an elegant solution.
    One of the upsides of enforced PL was actually the end of splitruns, but then Blizzard made M+ equivalent to Heroic raiding and thus that upside went down the drain because now you're doing M+ instead of splitruns.

And unlike splitruns, this not an unintended side effect of M+, that's how the system was designed.

Splitruns were not nearly as effective in MoP as they were in later expansions, because Normal and Heroic still went under the same ID.
    You couldn't kill a boss twice per week on varying difficulty, if you killed Jin'rokh on Normal, he's dead for that week for you.

So the only time you could do splitruns was the very first Normal week, so that diminished the value of splitruns heavily.
    On top of that, a lot of 10man Heroic raids, which were far more common than 25man raids, rarely did splitruns because 10man didn't drop enough items to justify splitruns and they generally lacked the manpower to do 25man Normal.

That aside, splitruns were very much unintended, Blizzard even said they would prevent them somehow if they found an elegant solution.
    One of the upsides of enforced PL was actually the end of splitruns, but then Blizzard made M+ equivalent to Heroic raiding and thus that upside went down the drain because now you're doing M+ instead of splitruns.

And unlike splitruns, this not an unintended side effect of M+, that's how the system was designed.
    Splitruns were still super effective and we still trashed our gear super fast. You are talking about problems of some guild, it doesn't matter, you had people, you had master loot so you splitrun normal raids and geared up people in maximum of month. Heroic progression started even faster than splitruns did end. People mostly needed tier sets and they were ready to progress heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by frott View Post
    Just goes to show there's no accounting for taste: what might be disappointing to you is the perfect expansion for many, many others.
    Not really sure how you're disagreeing with me about Legion being disappointing when most of what you're saying really started going full force in Legion.

Thematically, so so. There isn't that much solid lore about Warcraft's deathrealms, so they have rather free range to write good stuff for us. However, what they make will be the ruleset from there on, meaning the universe of Warcraft becomes that much more restricted, so they better make it good.

Aesthetic and story-wise, looks good and interesting enough. When it comes to afterlife in fantasy it tends to be ethereal in look and nature, so I'm glad there are variations. How credible they are is another question, but I won't judge that before experiencing it. Covenants will play a huge part in it. It looks like Horde and Alliance will take a backseat, which is generally a good thing, since the larger playerbase is probably tired of them after BFA, but I myself feel disconnected from the Covenants and yearn to have some mortal representation in Shadowlands, so it won't just be champions doing death-beings' bidding. Sylvanas is a deeply personal matter to Horde and Alliance, so the story can't just be about civil war in Shadowlands. We have no connection to the Jailer or Arbiter, so Blizz needs to pull off a Suramar with them in order to make us care about their business.

Gameplay-wise, less interested. The realms seem to be floating continents disconnected from each other, which I have two personal gripes with. For one, I'm a coastal person, seeing a sea connection to the land I stand on is paramount to me. One reason why Outland never resonated with me was due to the lack of sea (Kul Tiras has the exact opposite effect). Then there's the disconnected nature of the whole. It won't be like in Cata, where the relevant high level zones were far apart from each other, but it still looks like it won't be one continent you eventually get to fly around in and take in as a whole.

Features, unfazed. Covenants themselves look like another take on Order Halls, which was never that dear to me. Torghast remains to be seen, but I feel more positive towards it than I was during Blizzcon, since I finally gave Island Expeditions a shot. The content itself wasn't that special, but the varying elements worked well for what it was. Torghast just might be something I can care to do weekly. For the duration of the sub, anyway.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?