Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    MoP was predicted to be bad because of kung-fu panda and childish themes as you yourself pointed out. By using those same metrics it was bad considering it was kung-fu panda and childish themes. (Panda is the least played race in the game).

And as I already explained with WoD, it was a good expansion when content existed.

All predictions were correct.
    But MoP was an amazing expansion and people that got over Panda people loved it. Also there were just as much dark themes as there were lighthearted themes.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Gamplay aside I think i won't like the expansion due to the premise of it being the 'afterlife' its simply not something games can portray well (besides dante's inferno p)

The current WoW dev team has been out of touch for a while now. It's clear they have no idea what they're doing but they continue to act like they do (GCD change that everyone hated and still hasn't been reversed yet for example). So while more and more people stop playing they will continue to ramp up micro transactions to please shareholders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    For the tiny narcissistic hardcore minority, perhaps. For the average, casual player, early Cataclysm was a disaster. And that's why you got 4.3.
    I wasn't any of what you said, yet I found it amazing. I did normal raids only, and 10 man only for launch raids. The 5 man heroics were the most fun I had in so long. I don't know where you think it was a disaster for most people.

4.3 however, was the worst time I had in WoW until WOD

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    How on earth can we make an informed call or content yay/nay, outside of same basic zone previews and a mechanic or two, we know next to nothing.
    Because a Blizzcon reveal that basically said "pick one of four factions, and Torghast" is all our content, outside the usual stuff: Raids, Dungeons, WQs.

Blizzcon is when you're supposed to tell us about new features and stuff. It's looking like more of the same with Torghast being the only real content, and that's sounding more and more like a "do it once a week" kind of thing. Covenants are hardly content; they're going to be the new AP 3.0 system that you have to keep up with, just with a lot less to keep up with it.

Feel free to come back to this post in a year; ping me and say if I was right or not.

Now don't get me wrong, there's some nice stuff in there and I was really hyped during the reveal, but looking back at it, there's not much to remain excited about. Yay class identity is coming back, but oh no, that means shitty ass buffs are staying and it doesn't sound like I'll have content to enjoy with said changes.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Necromancers are physically frail, robe wearing spell casters, that summon and then buff and support undead minions in larger numbers. Necromancers and death knights are absolutely nothing alike, and i'd really like for the people on this forum to stop pretending they are.
    Perhaps in other media you'd be right. But the foremost Necromancers we've seen in WoW are the Cult of the Damned and the Scholomance kind.
    Both use a mixture of Warlock abilities (Death Coil, Shadow Bolt), and Death Knight Abilities (Bone Armor, Death Coil, Chains of Ice, etc.)
    They can summon undead (kinda like Unholy).

They're just mixed Warlock/DK hybrids in WoW lore.

You want them to be like the Diablo Necromancer, or another game's necromancer, not what WoW's necromancer is, if you think they unlike DKs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The WQ system - gave new life to the outside world. Shadowlands and BFA aren't advancing the system at all. Mythic+ - gave new life to the Dungeon system. Shadowlands and BFA aren't advancing that system in any meaningful way.
    They did say they're testing a "WQ 2.0 system" but that they didn't have anything to show yet.

They do apparently have plans in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And I demonstrated how your reasoning is faulty.

All right. You go on in your own world where demonstrably wrong predictions are somehow "100% correct". I'll stay here in the real world.
    The mental gymnastics needed here is incredible (and hilarious).

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But MoP was an amazing expansion and people that got over Panda people loved it. Also there were just as much dark themes as there were lighthearted themes.
    I hated MoP, it's one of my least favorite expansions. Kinda the problem with using subjective opinions as "facts."

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post

They did say they're testing a "WQ 2.0 system" but that they didn't have anything to show yet.

They do apparently have plans in that regard.
    I don't remember that but I'll take your word for it. I do hope they iterate on it to be more varied of an experience and maybe even boss mobs that patrol areas and stuff closer to GW2 events.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I kinda feel its going to be what every expansion has been.....

Everyones going to say it sucks.....they are going to say its the worst expansion after the first 3 weeks of the expansion launching
    Afterwards BFA is going to start to look good in comparison ...like past expansions almost always do....I mean we even have people singing Warlords of Draenor's praises lately....

All the while everyone is going to bitch about it but yet still play it cause let's face it...Blizz can make an expansion about clowns raping puppies and yall will still play the hell out of it, bitching THE ENTIRE WAY about the fact that you have to grind so much puppy tounges to get the 5 ilvl upgrade your GM is making you get....
    I never once thought that Legion was a bad expansion, although I burned out on the legendary grind initially, which became better with patches. MoP was another expansion I never badmouthed, from start to finish. Just cause someone has issues within an expansion, isn't to say it just suck entirely.
    If we exclude M+, BFA is a new level of horrible pile of crap.

I don't remember that but I'll take your word for it. I do hope they iterate on it to be more varied of an experience and maybe even boss mobs that patrol areas and stuff closer to GW2 events.
    On the QA for Shadowlands, official Blizz site.

While you are entitled to your opinion, people are entitled to say that your opinion is silly. Even though I do think the Shadowlands reveal was underwhelming in terms of features, the overall theme has lots of potential to be a good expansion. It's easier to be pessimistic about WOW's future than it is to be optimistic, but just because something is easier does not make it the right approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    4.) Zone design: Maybe it's just me, but from the videos i've seen, Bastion is a really, really underwhelming zone. Maybe it's because it is so unfinished, maybe the bad lighting (that is hopefully by far not finished) or maybe the bad textures and models, but right now it seems like a very, very bad zone and underwhelmingly small too. We know nothing about the rest (except the maw from the videos with the jailor), so it might hopefully get better, but Bastion, the first zone we will go to will really be quite a bad zone.
    Dude, Bastion is the best looking area in the game by a mile. No opinions on the rest of your thoughts, but Bastion being bad? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    I like how people keep trying to bash SL because there's no new class.

..Who gives a flying fuck? I'd rather them try to fix the god awful class design that we have, rather than trying to shoehorn a new class in where it doesn't belong. And no, that opinion is not "bullshit", OP, no matter how hard you try to spin it otherwise.
    I agree with not needing a new class, I don’t care about that at all really.

However, people should stop assuming that instead of getting a new class, blizzard is going to fix class design. It doesn’t seem like they will at all if we use current information from blizzcon. They’re returning a lot of very old abilities which is cool but there’s only 1 maybe 2 per class, a lot are passives and won’t add too much aside from (much needed) flavor. That’s not even remotely all class design needs though.

They already said they aren’t planning any major reworks for classes in SL (look at interviews post blizzcon for this info) so we’ll have to see what happens but people really need to stop saying “fuck new classes! I’d rather have them fix current classes instead” when it doesn’t seem like they’re doing that either.

I don’t have any major judgement for SL yet though. It would be dumb to create a huge bias for or against it before even getting to play it. We’ll have to see what happens. I’m fine with them not adding too many new systems, they added azerite/warfronts/islands in BfA and I hate all of them so I’m definitely okay with them not adding a ton of new systems but I’d like to see them make some long term systems rather than expansion specific systems personally. I also really like that there won’t be a huge emphasis on AP, that’s a huge change that I’m looking forward to. Regardless, I wanna see it and play it before judging it too much.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2020-01-05 at 09:55 AM.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still trying to find a reasonable number of features, which I can like/dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I wasn't any of what you said, yet I found it amazing. I did normal raids only, and 10 man only for launch raids. The 5 man heroics were the most fun I had in so long. I don't know where you think it was a disaster for most people.

4.3 however, was the worst time I had in WoW until WOD
    The average casual player never even saw raids in early Cataclysm. If you were raiding then, you were part of the atypical upper range of players. And of course you don't even recognize that. Thinking you are typical when you are not is a key part of hardcore entitlement. Remember, since then they've added not one, but two raid modes lower than the one you were doing (N, which later became H).
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2020-01-05 at 12:07 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    It's awkward to put it so it's clear. I don't mean questing in Westfall at level 55, but rather going from 10-50 in just BC or Pandaria zones. Things might feel just weird getting 40 levels over the course of 5-7 zones (or 50 in however many leveling zones Shadowlands ends up having).

I also forgot you're supposed to do the new 1-10 island, but I think you get to choose between that and an old starting zone before being free to go where ever you want if I remember/understood right.
    Oh for sure I get what you're saying.

I feel leveling is fast as hell now (I started in early 07, so I remember the leveling "grind") Whereas it used to take you 3/4 TBC zones and a good 8 to 900 or so quests alone from 1 - 60.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    I never once thought that Legion was a bad expansion, although I burned out on the legendary grind initially, which became better with patches. MoP was another expansion I never badmouthed, from start to finish. Just cause someone has issues within an expansion, isn't to say it just suck entirely.
    If we exclude M+, BFA is a new level of horrible pile of crap.
    the funny thing about statements about the masses is there's always one or 2 people who say "Well that's not me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    The mental gymnastics needed here is incredible (and hilarious).
    The only 'mental gymnastics' here are yours, doing Stretch Armstrong levels of reach to claim predictions shown to be wrong are actually correct: "MoP will be a bad expansion because of kiddie themes!" and yet MoP is now widely regarded as one of the best expansions.

I hated MoP, it's one of my least favorite expansions. Kinda the problem with using subjective opinions as "facts."
    Ah, so here is the problem. You are "using your own subjective opinions as "facts"" to say MoP's predictions about it being a bad expansion were correct, instead of going with the majority's consensus. You're putting your own opinion above practically everyone else's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Because a Blizzcon reveal that basically said "pick one of four factions, and Torghast" is all our content, outside the usual stuff: Raids, Dungeons, WQs.
    There is more than "just picking one of four factions and Torghast." We have:
    • Soul bonding (or whatever its name)
    • Rebuilding our chosen faction's base
    • Working to craft our own legendary

To name a few.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    Perhaps in other media you'd be right. But the foremost Necromancers we've seen in WoW are the Cult of the Damned and the Scholomance kind.
    Both use a mixture of Warlock abilities (Death Coil, Shadow Bolt), and Death Knight Abilities (Bone Armor, Death Coil, Chains of Ice, etc.)
    They can summon undead (kinda like Unholy).

They're just mixed Warlock/DK hybrids in WoW lore.
    I would like to point out that death knights, before being added as a playable class, just used a "mixture of warlock (demon armor, shadow bolt) and warrior abilities (shield wall, cleave, intimidating shout)", meaning (by your logic) that they were just "mixed warlock/warrior hybrids" in WoW lore.

The point is: do not base such assumptions on the ability pool of characters that seem to pertain to classes that do not yet exist as playable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    He spent too much time sit on that Throne to know the new death knight changes lol
    he aint even a death knight, hes a warrior who has a helmet of control undead and hammer with a frost enchant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Torghast
    the maw
    covenents
    soul binding
    legendary crafting
    new dungeons, raids, etc.

i love how you say "this new expansion has no content, just the normal dungeons and raid stuff plus 1 or 2 more things"

remember back when an expansion ALL YOU GOT was new raids and dungeons and stuff?

Vanilla to TBC. - Dungeons, raids, areana
    TBC to wotlk- Dungeons, raids... thats it...
    WOTLK to cata- dungeons... raids...
    Cata to mop- Dungeons.... raids.... oh hey challenge mode and scenarios!
    Mop to Wod- dungeons... raids... garrison..?
    Wod to legion- Dungeons, raids, artifacts, mage tower! M+
    Legion to BFA- dungeons, raids, azerite! warfronts, islands!
    BFA to shadowlands- dungeons, raids, torghast, covenents.

- - - Updated - - -

The WQ system - gave new life to the outside world. Shadowlands and BFA aren't advancing the system at all. Mythic+ - gave new life to the Dungeon system. Shadowlands and BFA aren't advancing that system in any meaningful way. Legion introduced a new Legendary system. It had some flaws, but they fixed it at the end of the expansion.... and (lol) CUT the entire thing in BFA. Shadowlands we know they'll be tied to the tower, but we don't have the information to talk about it yet.
    1. they did increase the world quest system for BFA, adding new types and adding new systems on how they work.

2. mythic+ seriously? BFA added new affixes, and changed how M+ worked massivly, with the power levels, the affixes, and dont forget the seasonal affixes you get at rank 10. Pair that with adding new rewards and changing up how M+ effects the maingame, you would have to be blind to go "M+ didnt change at all into BFA" And to just say "its not changing at all for shadowlands" oh shit you work at blizzard? that is the only way for someone to know what is not coming in shadowlands right now!

3. No they didnt, we are getting a legendary in this coming patch, what are you talking about "cut the entire thing in BFA" we are literally getting a legendary in just a week from now my dude. unless you mean "they did the system differently this expansion then the last!" yes, every single expansion has done legendaries differently from the past. Hell every legendary is different from the last!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    he aint even a death knight, hes a warrior who has a helmet of control undead and hammer with a frost enchant.
    The cinematic pretty much showed me he is a death knight now when he uses remorseless winter on Sylvanas. https://youtu.be/s4gBChg6AII?t=136