Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Maybe Blizzard can give us AV 1.5 on Saturdays?

It's the only thing that will keep me subbed after all the phases are complete.

Well, I'll be sad to see you go friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Well, I'll be sad to see you go friend.
    I'm holding onto that razor thin shred of hope that Blizzard will somehow implement AV1.5.

"You think you do...but you don't..." mentality is why they gave us 1.12 instead of 1.5.

99% of players on both sides just want to queue into AV and smash the other faction. Only 1% are seriously ranking

And that 1% is actually killing casual PvP in AV, since the alliance premades (that drop queue) keep giving the solo-q'ers 15v40 AV starts.

That 1% pushed the "RUSH DREK" mentality so they can rank...and only to rank and AVOID all PvP.

This 1% somehow manages to appear in more than 75% of the AV's.

Solution?

Implement a standalone AV1.5 with NO REWARDS/HONOR.

I just want to run into the fray dropping FAT HEALS on my Ram Riders trampling the Hordlings that are rooted by Ivus.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    No one would join there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    No one would join there
    OP literally just said he would. It wouldn't get enough players to ever start though. Maybe in the first week? But not after that.

I'm holding onto that razor thin shred of hope that Blizzard will somehow implement AV1.5.

"You think you do...but you don't..." mentality is why they gave us 1.12 instead of 1.5.

99% of players on both sides just want to queue into AV and smash the other faction. Only 1% are seriously ranking

And that 1% is actually killing casual PvP in AV, since the alliance premades (that drop queue) keep giving the solo-q'ers 15v40 AV starts.

That 1% pushed the "RUSH DREK" mentality so they can rank...and only to rank and AVOID all PvP.

Solution?

I just want to run into the fray dropping FAT HEALS on my Ram Riders trampling the Hordlings that are rooted by Ivus.
    I love when people reference this because it's stating a universal truth of software development. That being a variant of, "The customer has no clue what they actually want, but they think they do."

What you're suggesting would never get enough players to start if you're truly having premades hitting that many queues.

If you want AV 1.5, go and check retail and see how that is played.

And really a AV without rewards, you really think a lot of players will queue up for that?
    You are probably right about only a few % of players that rank seriously, i.e. want to get Rank 14, however a lot of players are aiming for 7,8, 9, 10 or even 11. If they will reach it is a different question, but saying that most ppl want AV 1.5 i think is a overstatement in game i have heard only one person about it, the rest just want easy honor or rep.

An AV without rewards / honor is stupid, it doesn't work in a game like WoW where literally everything has some reward for you.
    Quite frankly, offering two different versions of AV in classic doesn't work, unless the 1.5 turns out to be better for people who just want the rep.

The only option in that direction would be to roll AV back to an earlier version, fullstop.

If you want to see these events, the only hope is that they might update those on retail, i mean Blizzard at least put some incentive into retail AV that people in turn Blood / crystal to summon Ivus / Lokh.

Matter of fact, i managed to summon the Cavalry on retail (not Korrak's revenge) multiple times, issue is, you're doing nothing but taming animals and collecting animal hides for ~30 minutes, your progress gets ruined the second the stalemate falls apart and one side pushes for victory or worse, people vote you AFK because they think you're just leeching.
    If they'd nerf the requirements for the Ground Assault and Cavalry, perhaps lift the 10 people requirement from summoning Lokh / Ivus, you could see them more often on retail.

Sadly, those units aren't as useful on retail as in Classic, the Cavalry is basically cannon fodder because they lack any leash mechanic and aren't immune to any slows / cc's.

Altough, i've been reading that summoning Ivus / Lokh grants bonus honor in classic, which i can't confirm because i wasn't in a bg where Lokh was summoned since then.
    If it turns out to be true, people might actually push for it once it becomes more common knowledge.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-01-05 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    If you want AV 1.5, go and check retail and see how that is played.

And really a AV without rewards, you really think a lot of players will queue up for that?
    No, retail uses very fast GCD"s and virtually unlimited healer MANA pools compared to classic.

AV 1.5 combined with CLASSIC CLASS DESIGN is what made such an epic struggle.

And yes, people would play it. Lots of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    An AV without rewards / honor is stupid

For you and other carebears.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    No one would join there
    Nah, you're just afraid the majority of players would choose the no-reward 1.5 version and leave you rankers to face each other in premades. Most of us are content with our DM/MC/ony gear atm and just want a bloodbath.

Confirmation bias at it's absolute finest.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Confirmation bias at it's absolute finest.
    Let's me rephrase:

That 1% Premade manages to queue in 75% of all AV's, but drops queue since not everonye in their premade got the same instance number, causing 75% of all Alliance AV's to start 15 v 40

Let's me rephrase:

That 1% Premade manages to queue in 75% of all AV's, but drops queue since not everonye in their premade got the same instance number, causing 75% of all Alliance AV's to start 15 v 40
    Nope, still doesn't add up, it's still just trying to force a square peg into a round hole because your agenda requires it.

For you and other carebears.
    You can argue over this all you want but it's a fact that almost any activity in WoW has some form of reward for your character.
    That's just how it's been, because it's a progression based RPG, systems that don't move anything forward are next to nonexistant.

The point is, for your AV, you need people, 80 of them in fact, 40 from each faction, to get a single game going and to keep queue times down to a remotely reasonable level you need a multitude of that.

Let alone how confusing it would be to have a version of AV that has rewards, while the other has nothing at all, because [reasons].

Not to mention that it would obviously be also a breakaway from the #nochanges things, because Blizzard didn't give you a choice about which version of AV you wanted back then.

To sum it up, you want an Activity that
    -has almost no rewards (which drives people away)
    -relies on hundreds of people engaging in that activity at the same time (which becomes even more difficult due to faction imbalance)
    -Is a violation of the #nochanges thing
    -Is pretty confusing for less engaged players
    -Requires Blizzard to do additional work

I'm sympathic towards an older version of AV, but thinking that Blizzard would implement an older version, next to the 1.12 and remove any Honor / Rewards from it is just not realistic.

Nah, you're just afraid the majority of players would choose the no-reward 1.5 version and leave you rankers to face each other in premades.
    Anybody that is willing to rank up in Classic becomes numb to any form of stupidity the meta takes on.

Think of the Southpark episode, you're trying to scare people that are already dead (inside).
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-01-05 at 05:51 PM.

That's not how it works. They can't unpatch the entire game for a day. Nobody would be able to do BWL because it wouldn't exist, classes would suddenly change back to previous versions.

It would be like them running 7.3 for a weekend and everyone losing 10 levels and not be able to equip their gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    That's not how it works. They can't unpatch the entire game for a day. Nobody would be able to do BWL because it wouldn't exist, classes would suddenly change back to previous versions.

It would be like them running 7.3 for a weekend and everyone losing 10 levels and not be able to equip their gear.
    To be fair to the delusional OP, that's not what they are asking. They just want a special event just for them.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    To be fair to the delusional OP, that's not what they are asking. They just want a special event just for them.
    Are you claiming most Alliance AV's start 40v40?

You're the delusional one.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/7350635545

Also there are tons of people that fight on the road between Alliance and Horde towns in Nazjatar (retail) for no reason other than fun. Always at least 1-2 raids up in custom LFG channel.

This game needs a massive/epic PvP slugfest, best choice is AV 1.5. because we know it works and has been done already.

You seriously underestimate how many people just want to FIGHT the other faction in a massive war setting (with EQUAL numbers).
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2020-01-06 at 12:00 AM.

You mean Korrak's Revenge?
    I wish it was in Classic too, but honestly I think that's why it was added for the anniversary.
    You can see a lot of issues with it immediately, and even in Classic it really wouldn't be any better than what is there.

The big issue I feel for Classic is just a tuning thing.
    But you get what you sow. People asked for no changes, and this is what they get.

In the end, I instead hope they can find a way to keep Korrak's Revenge in the live game, because, sadly, it has been a lot more fun for me than the AV we have on Classic, which is almost so ironic it hurts.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    "You think you do...but you don't...".
    Is exactly right, you thought you wanted the complete vanilla wow pvp experiance.
    turns out you didnt.
    you wanted something else.

- - - Updated - - -

it was not 1%

Literally every single match i joined for the first week was it, no premades, as our server was PVE RP with no big BG groups.
    it was literally 100% pugs but we still rushed drek and won, less honor then horde, but more Rep. I got to almost exalted just bassicly following group.

only reason i stopped was because after leveling 12 110 to 120 using Koraks revenge then doing AV from netural to exalted in vanilla was getting too exhausting.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

And yes, people would play it. Lots of them.
    Needs a source

Are you claiming most Alliance AV's start 40v40?
    I don't premade and i'd say that 90% of my AV's start 40vs40, yes some start 15v40 or something like that, but thats the exception, not the norm. so yes, according to my experiences on EU, most AV's start 40v40. I do only join fresh AV's though, not in progress ones.

You seriously underestimate how many people just want to FIGHT the other faction in a massive war setting (with EQUAL numbers).
    Needs a source.

It's the only thing that will keep me subbed after all the phases are complete.
    Well....you might as well just unsubscribed until the last phase hits because you aren't going to get it. You get 1.12 stuff, stop trying to cherry pick parts of each patch that you want.

People also need to stop taking the "You think you do, but you don't" out of context. He wasn't wrong when people said it. People believe they want Classic but the thing is they don't want Classic. What they want is cherry picked parts of Classic that fit the version they want. They wants part X from Patch X and part Y from Patch Y and part Z from patch Z, etc. People wants a fragmented version of it and not what Classic really was.