Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...hreats-934449/

Not much going on, just Fox News hosts cheering on war crimes and the notion of the US behaving like ISIS.

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-...ombing-1480850

Republican Minority Speaker Kevin McCarthy, blaming Adam Schiff for the strike against Soleimani.

Who know that Adam Schiff was actually the president?
    I particularly liked this bit of the Newsweek article:

McCarthy said "America should speak with one voice," before explaining that everyone in the U.S. should simply support the president's decisions.
    Remember when the Republicans all backed Obama's decisions? Yeah, neither do I.

It's incredible how stupid they seem to think everyone is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post

Well, considering where he made this statement...
    During an appearance on Fox News' Fox & Friends
    Is he really wrong to think it?
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    I particularly liked this bit of the Newsweek article:

Mccarthy can go sodomize himself with a jackhammer. I'm going to be flying a UK flag this year on Flag Day and July 4. It's the best middle finger to the US I can easily do.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2020-01-07 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post

Btw who are the reporters killed by the iranian state? Genuinly curios
    https://cpj.org/mideast/iran/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    "breaking"

That was yesterday or the day before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    It's kind of astonishing seeing the war propaganda machine in full effect as an adult. A week ago your average person in America didn't even know this dude existed (as I didn't) and now all of the sudden everybody is an expert in geopolitics and this guy was just literal satan on earth that God Emperor saved us from.
    I'm amazed by the amount of people who think the guy is the second coming of Christ just to be contrarian.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...l-now-fox-news

Well, I guess after the strike against Sulemain, Fox and conservative media now love the "DEEP STATE".

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...l-now-fox-news

Well, I guess after the strike against Sulemain, Fox and conservative media now love the "DEEP STATE".
    Ugh, this is so predictable.

Next thing we'll be seeing leaked memos saying the attack was done to try and instigate a terrorist attack on US soil to justify another round of PATRIOT Act-esque totalitarianism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yeah, I guess Iran just forgot to install blinders on all the mourners and they were spooked by an umbrella. Because they're horses or something.

What leads you to believe that they were panicked?
    Every stampede you ever hear about is because people are in a rush to get away from something/get to something. It's rare that you hear about a very large crowd and a stampede spontaneously breaks out for no apparent cause.

But if these people were in such a rush to mourn their fallen General that they trampled each other on the way to the town square, I'll concede the point. Not sure if we have those details. At work so can't really dig into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    get to something.
    Like getting closer to the funeral procession? Which is what seems to have happened. The whole, "Iran is forcing their people to attend!" meme is largely unsupported by any evidence in this instance. It happens in Iran, but there's no direct evidence that it's the case in this instance as some are trying to say.

Like getting closer to the funeral procession? Which is what seems to have happened. The whole, "Iran is forcing their people to attend!" meme is largely unsupported by any evidence in this instance. It happens in Iran, but there's no direct evidence that it's the case in this instance as some are trying to say.
    Do you have you have direct evidence people got trampled because they were in such a rush to attend this funeral?

Considering their MO is to murder critics and in general act dictatorial, I think it's more likely than not. Not a big deal though; this isn't a hill I'm particularly interested in dying on. I just read people of note saying that it was likely, and read articles by Iranian journalists saying as much, and I thought it was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Do you have you have direct evidence people got trampled because they were in such a rush to attend this funeral?
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...hs/2830680001/

A procession in Tehran on Monday drew more than 1 million people in Iran's capital, crowding main thoroughfares and side streets. Emergency services in Kerman blamed high levels of congestion and overcrowding for the deaths.

Iran's semi-official ISNA news agency said authorities later delayed Soleimani’s burial because of concerns about the massive crowd.
    Doesn't seem like there's any evidence that they were fleeing anything or were "spooked", just seems like a ton of people trying to attend and they got caught in the rush. Not unlike what we've seen when massive groups of people show up to events and cause stampedes that injure others as folks rush in.

10+ Year Old Account

Doesn't seem like there's any evidence that they were fleeing anything or were "spooked", just seems like a ton of people trying to attend and they got caught in the rush. Not unlike what we've seen when massive groups of people show up to events and cause stampedes that injure others as folks rush in.
    Shh, you'll interrupt his trying to spread the narrative of Iran as an alien 'other' to make it easier to dehumanise its people and justify acts of terror against them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

They also don't say they were desperately clawing over each other to see this man. Just overcongestion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Shh, you'll interrupt his trying to spread the narrative of Iran as an alien 'other' to make it easier to dehumanise its people and justify acts of terror against them.
    That's a really empty sentiment from people who still say white like a slur and then complain about being treated differently by race.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    They also don't say they were desperately clawing over each other to see this man. Just overcongestion.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a really empty sentiment from people who still say white like a slur and then complain about being treated differently by race.
    stampedes have happened at all kinds of gatherings for no particular reason, y'all are reading way too much into it.

Imagine spending 4 years on warnings about an uptick in Russian aggression/disinformation campaigns, then gulping Iranian/Russian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E...ssia_relations) Anti-American propaganda right from the faucet the first chance you get. This hysteria is fascinating from the outside looking in. People are so easy to rile up.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/01/07/...mpression=true

"They're allowed to kill our people they're allowed to maim our people, they're allowed to blow up everything that we have and there's nothing that stops them. And we are, according to various laws, supposed to be very careful with their cultural heritage," he said.

"And you know? If that's what the law is – I like to obey the law. But think of it, they kill our people, they blow up our people, but then we have to be very gentle with [their] cultural institutions," Trump said.

"But I'm okay with it. It's okay with me," he added.
    Trump, after days of threatening to strike cultural targets and commit war crimes, decides he's cool with following the law.

This is a good, if pathetic and embarrassing development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You think Iran is following rules? The whole shit started precisely because Iran does not follow the rules. I am pretty surprised blame here is being rolled on US, when Iran is clearly responsible with their audacious crap they pulled out with that embassy attack.
    1.Go back and reread what I wrote.
    2. Yes, Iran was following the deal we had with them.
    3. Trump has done nothing but shit up relations with them to make them grovel for him. It's nothing new for him.
    4. The embassy attack happened after Trump was bragging about something big was going to happen while at his Christmas party. So chances are this was in the works for a while.

Besides, as for following rules, didn't they just kill 1k protesters in a matter of days to make sure their regime survives? Much of the bullshit going on in ME is Iran's doing, Iran's money and Iran's planning - Yemen War, Lebanon, Gaza, Syria - everything touched by Iran.
    Citation needed.

That's following rules? They literally put the whole thing aflame and Suleimani was the spearhead figure of these efforts. He should have been dealt with 10 years ago, that would have saved tens thousands of lives in Yemen alone.
    You can't kill members of a government you aren't at war with.

I understand people here have this total irrational hard-on about Trump demonizing him at every single step, but in your almost religious zeal you are going as far as painting Iran as some sort of innocent victim there to the point of siding with Iran. Just stop there. In between US with Trump and Iran with Khamenei - Iran is WAY worse.
    No one is painting Iran as the victim. They look less shitty by comparison, which says more about Trump than what you're willing to admit.